Brecon Sale Saturday 22nd July

piebaldproblems

Visit site

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
They eventually opened the gate so they had a bigger pen, there was about 10 in there at least

Surprised those Duns are going to the meat man they look too fine/good quality I thought he'd want the cobs/ponies

Those donkeys look utterly withdrawn the thought of them being split up when donks tend to bond. If they'd sold them privately they could have insisted they go together 😢

twofatladies88

Visit site
I wish I hadn’t opened this thread ☹️. I find horse sales one of the most depressing things on this planet. I look at my little herd and think how lucky they are- one is 21 years old and I’ve had her since she was 4. My other mare is 23 and my babies are 15,16 and 17. I would hate to see them in a pen at a sale. Thank god they have led happy, stressful lives and wanted for nothing.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I feel very sad for that 21 year old who had been in the same home since she was 4, I couldn’t have gone there and not bid for some of them…can only just about afford my dogs so horses are definitely not on the agenda unless I win the lottery

Steerpike

Visit site
There was a Clydesdale x Hackney stood in harness tied up all day with no hay or water, he was nice but I left before he went through the ring.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
This all reminds me of why I don't go to horse sales. I used to go to Melton Mowbray with a friend. She bought a lovely NF 2yr old filly out of a pen of 8. One other went to a private home, the rest for meat. End of the sale they just opened up the pens and drove them down to the meat lorry, wicked waste. We occasionally went to welsh sales back in the 70's, once at Llandovery and another at I think Rhayader. I was appalled at the way the dealers used to hit the ponies to send them round the ring, one in particular upset me. It was a smart chestnut all poshed up and well handled. Got turned loose in the ring and whacked round just like the unhandled ponies. They treated them just like cattle.

Jambarissa

Visit site
So now, prize for whoever spots one on DD first?

I've seen them up with pics taken at the sales in the past 😆 (and I have no real issue with this other than poor horse being passed from pillar to post).

Miss_Millie

Visit site
This all reminds me of why I don't go to horse sales. I used to go to Melton Mowbray with a friend. She bought a lovely NF 2yr old filly out of a pen of 8. One other went to a private home, the rest for meat. End of the sale they just opened up the pens and drove them down to the meat lorry, wicked waste. We occasionally went to welsh sales back in the 70's, once at Llandovery and another at I think Rhayader. I was appalled at the way the dealers used to hit the ponies to send them round the ring, one in particular upset me. It was a smart chestnut all poshed up and well handled. Got turned loose in the ring and whacked round just like the unhandled ponies. They treated them just like cattle.

I can only imagine how much worse treated the animals are at livestock auctions. Sentient animals treated like garbage.

piebaldproblems

Visit site
Isn't it even sadder that that's the norm for cattle handling?