Bright colours - would you? Do you??

Feathered

Visit site
I think that colour would be excellent on a piebald. I'm quite tempted myself.
Why be boring!? Go for it.

I have a saddlecloth obsession, usually ride my piebald in my cow print :) or JW union jack saddlecloths.

maxine1985

Visit site
Not usually, but i did buy the new anky set for my new baby horse, whch i think suits him :)

IMG_4332_zps61298f5a.jpg

ShadowFlame

Visit site
Feathered - I'm not one for boring at all, but I'm having flashbacks to buying my old bay a baby blue numnah and being horrified by what it looked like :eek: Having said that, I try to stick to high wither numnahs, and it's near impossible to find them in anything other than black, brown or white!

Maxine - he looks fantastic in that! Out of interest, which colour is it??

maxine1985

Visit site
Feathered - I'm not one for boring at all, but I'm having flashbacks to buying my old bay a baby blue numnah and being horrified by what it looked like :eek: Having said that, I try to stick to high wither numnahs, and it's near impossible to find them in anything other than black, brown or white!

Maxine - he looks fantastic in that! Out of interest, which colour is it??

Thank you! Its 'French Blue'

suzi

Visit site
ShadowFlame if you want a high wither in a different colour try griffin nuumed. Just ordered from them direct and they will customise any of their saddle cloths with the variety of colours of their gp versions for a small fee.

I ordered some coloured ones for jumping.

Am becoming more and more a fan of bright matching colours.

Kikke

Visit site
I do matchy match, with brown :p . No bright colours or anything flashy for me, like to keep everything natural on my welshie

Captain Bridget

Visit site
I'm desperate for the HKM pistachio set. And turquoise. And grass green. I'd love a yellow set too. And a nice purple set. And orange.

I love bright colours. I wear bright tshirts but not jods/chaps/boots. And tack has to be black or brown. But bright boots are good too. And headcollars, lead ropes, lunge lines etc. My lunge line and lunge whip are both bright blue. When I have my own everything will be nice and colourful!

3Beasties

Visit site
I love bright colours/matchey matchey etc :D Only on saddle cloths and bandages though, everything else is traditional colours.

Here are a few of my sets -
3e437ff0-b051-425c-8505-55d7e9d51847_zpsc2021cc7.jpg

(Have got matching bandages for this)
20130317_153836_zpsa2084445.jpg

20130111_100408_zpsfb08c6b8.jpg

SAM_0797.jpg

SAM_0652.jpg

SAM_0476.jpg

charliepad.jpg

SAM_0252.jpg

mis.jpg

SAM_1308.jpg

I have bought a lot more 'bright' colours recently but I haven't got piccys of them. I have a slight obsessions with them :eek: but have given them up for lent :D :D

Last edited:

HollyhedgePippa

Visit site
Sorry for the poncy lovey dovey picture, it's the only one I have :eek::p
I have the Eskadron set, but I don't have a picture with the bandages. I got saddle cloth & bandages for £32 at YHL :D
03221a9e-869d-467f-997f-d5b0309b5e56_zpsae5b6a29.jpg

ShadowFlame

Visit site
That pink is barf-worthy :p:eek:

Haha!! I'm inclined to agree with you - ignore the barfy pink, I don't think my gelding would ever forgive me if I put one of those one him ;) I'm not sure if the blue is a good colour or too pale... it's either going to look fantastic or slightly cringe-worthy?

ShadowFlame if you want a high wither in a different colour try griffin nuumed. Just ordered from them direct and they will customise any of their saddle cloths with the variety of colours of their gp versions for a small fee.

Ahh I didn't know Griffin did that. I've got a couple of theirs (boring black, and a rather dull looking purple). Any ideas what colours they do? I've had a mooch on the website and can't find anything.

It's one of my favourites, especially as it was only £13 :D

Where on earth did you get one that cheap?! :D Brill pics btw! Didn't think I'd ever be tempted by orange!

3Beasties

Visit site
Where on earth did you get one that cheap?! :D Brill pics btw! Didn't think I'd ever be tempted by orange!

A few of the ones pictured where £13, the orange, the purple and the petrol/teal one. They came from Amazon. If you search 'USG Saddlecloth' they should come up. Last time I looked they were back up to full price though :(

For ultimate matchy they do matching fly veils too :D

ShadowFlame

Visit site
A few of the ones pictured where £13, the orange, the purple and the petrol/teal one. They came from Amazon. If you search 'USG Saddlecloth' they should come up. Last time I looked they were back up to full price though :(

Dear god I shouldn't have looked :( Haha! How generous are they size-wise? Would cob be sufficient for a 17" saddle?

*wonders off to ponder if I could squash hairy cob into matching bandanges...*

Feathered

Visit site

You just had to go and tell us that didn't you!

I noticed they had the orange one in pony for £10odd I was tempted to order and see if it would squeeze under my saddle... But then I slapped some sense into myself and ordered navy/ice blue instead, £11, bargain! :):)

ShadowFlame

Visit site
You just had to go and tell us that didn't you!

I noticed they had the orange one in pony for £10odd I was tempted to order and see if it would squeeze under my saddle... But then I slapped some sense into myself and ordered navy/ice blue instead, £11, bargain! :):)

Did you go cob or full? Arguing with myself over whether to risk it!

Caol Ila

Visit site
photo.jpg

P1010129_zps8057daa3.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

I was going through a polo wrap phase (though this isn't me riding) and then I decided there wasn't much point to them, other than as a way of putting together some amazing colour/pattern combinations:

208529_504477620745_7559_n.jpg

This is only a small selection of my tacky saddle pads. I have galaxies, fish, orange flame, flamingoes, colour splodges of various sorts, and more!