Bullied and Accused to the point of ending everything. Help

gothdolly

Visit site
I'm so pleased to hear this positive update. I really hope you get those livery places at the RDA centre, sounds perfect. Enjoy Dallas too x

fatpiggy

Visit site
Fantastic update. You never know OP, but this nasty woman may actually have done you a huge favour if you find the new yard is just what you need. Your current YO clearly isn't prepared to do anything and is likely to find that he is down to one livery on a permanent basis pretty soon - if you go, I bet the other one does too as the evil one will just turn her attention there. When I left my original one it was a hard decision as I'd been there 8 years with my horse and longer with just myself and the YO was a friend. But things were going downhill and outside circumstances meant that it wasn't the right place for us anymore, but there was one person, a right trouble maker on and off the yard who had wormed her way into the YOs circle and was basically lying and stealing from her. So I made arrangements to leave but I also wrote to the YO thanking her for everything over the years and telling her EXACTLY why I was going. It allowed me to get it all off my chest in a non-confrontational way, with no-one losing their temper and saying things in the heat of the moment, plus she had the right to know what was going on behind her back. It was then her choice to act or not.

With your mare, I suggest you work to the rule that I did with my mare who lived with a life-threatening illness the entire time I had her - if she is OK today, then that is all that matters. I learned not to plan ahead and to treat every day as an individual one. Tomorrow may or may not be the end, you can't predict or do much about it anyway. Today is good, so enjoy it and do what you enjoy doing with her. My mare actually lived to nearly 30 and was PTS as a result of old age, not her condition. My sister's cat was diagnosed with likely internal tumour and she was totally in the mindset of him dying very soon. So I drummed the mantra into her and today the cat is well, my sister is happy and it has been two years since the diagnosis. Time is something that only humans take much notice of and animals have no concept of the future.

luckyoldme

Visit site
great news! Its sometimes a little bit hard to ignore them, but honestly in the end you come to realise just how desperate they are for attention and like you have found its actually quite funny the lengths they will go to.
Long may it last!

LD&S

Visit site
I was wondering how you were doing, pleased to see your update, there is also a le trec show at Minnis Moor the 1st weekend of April too, it looks like you could end up being just too busy to give that weirdo any thought, onward and upward.