Buyer not collecting horse?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I also think refunding and advertising the horse again would be the best decision.

If I were ill, I would either offer to pay board to the seller and ask if the horse could stay for a bit, arrange transport to my yard (professional or a friend), or say I'm too ill to go through with this. It's not that difficult. I'm not sure if someone made an impulse buy, or a buy that they just can't ultimately afford and/or manage. Either way, it's not fair to the seller to buy the horse and fall off the face of the earth.

Trouper

Visit site
I'm sorry for you, OP, that those among us who are more suspicious were proved right - but glad for the horse that he now has the chance of a different owner.

He sounds lovely - if only I were still young enough.................:(:(

PSD

Visit site
What a bizarre outcome for you. I can’t believe the buyer has paid and didn’t turn up!

I would definitely re-advertise. Hopefully the bank can help you with the refund, never in my life have I heard of someone paying and not picking up…nout funnier than folk!

TPO

Visit site
If the bank won't or can't refund the money still proceed with readvertising. I'm sure she will get in touch at some point to get her money back.

So random that she's received a text from you cancelling the sale and hasn't done anything about a refund. I don't understand it at all!

EmmaC78

Visit site
I think you've made the right decision. I wouldn't sell a horse to someone so unreliable. Hope you find another buyer soon.

Reactions: TPO

Squeak

Visit site
I vote this the most riveting thread of the year. Please keep us updated about what happens. I'm so tempted to ask you how much, I'd love another TB.

Do it! What’s the worst that can happen?!

I'm with CT here, you can't beat a good thoroughbred!

OP I agree with the others, I'd be finding the horse another home as I'd be worried about this person looking after it.

jay2bee

Visit site
He's a lovely horse, truly, very athletic looking, dark bay nearly black. He hacks out solo bombproof, and is an awesome hunter. He was too slow for the racetrack, too laid back I think. She's missing out on a good 'un. It's a shame as I really thought they were a good match as she wanted something to hunt and do local ODEs.

I wonder if she is on HHO!

jay2bee

Visit site
If she needed a strangles test doing I did wonder what she as going to do with him once she'd picked him up.

I hadn't even thought about this actually. I had got the vet out anyway to do his vaccination but she never mentioned the strangles test again. So odd.

Surbie

Visit site
Thirdly… She didn’t turn up! Texted half an hour after she was meant to be there to say she still wasn’t well enough. I’ve replied to say unfortunately I can’t wait anymore, send me your bank details so I can refund you. No reply. I’ll call the bank tomorrow and ask them to refund it, I’m assuming they can.

Who buys a horse and then leaves it there? That's just the most bonkers thing I've heard in a little while!

I hope you can get the money refunded through the bank, and the horse back up for sale.

Regandal

Visit site
He's a lovely horse, truly, very athletic looking, dark bay nearly black. He hacks out solo bombproof, and is an awesome hunter. He was too slow for the racetrack, too laid back I think. She's missing out on a good 'un. It's a shame as I really thought they were a good match as she wanted something to hunt and do local ODEs.

Oooh, sounds lovely. Hope he gets a nice home.

HeyMich

Visit site

I must admit, I'm quite tempted myself.... (For my rapidly growing son who's looking quite squashed up on his 14.2 super pony and is getting quite serious about eventing, but I'd obviously have to ride him, hack him, and have a go over some XC fences, purely for quality control purposes of course). But no. He's fine on the super pony for a while longer. We don't have the land over winter or stables for 5. No, absolutley not. Next year maybe...

OP, seriously, if you find another like this in late winter/springtime, please let me know!

[153312]

Visit site
I must admit, I'm quite tempted myself.... (For my rapidly growing son who's looking quite squashed up on his 14.2 super pony and is getting quite serious about eventing, but I'd obviously have to ride him, hack him, and have a go over some XC fences, purely for quality control purposes of course). But no. He's fine on the super pony for a while longer. We don't have the land over winter or stables for 5. No, absolutley not. Next year maybe...

OP, seriously, if you find another like this in late winter/springtime, please let me know!
Are you sure? These teenagers do grow ever so fast....

Fransurrey

Visit site
I have messaged about 8 people that I had to cancel arranging viewings since she bought him, have already had four come back to me in the last hour wanting to view. It's certainly a seller's market at the minute, even going into winter. Crazy.
That's great, but be very careful not to proceed with anything until that money is back with the original buyer. Not even a viewing. I'm sure you will be (especially after this), but this horse currently doesn't belong to you! He sounds amazing and I'd certainly be tempted if I was looking! :D

meleeka

Visit site
That's great, but be very careful not to proceed with anything until that money is back with the original buyer. Not even a viewing. I'm sure you will be (especially after this), but this horse currently doesn't belong to you! He sounds amazing and I'd certainly be tempted if I was looking! :D

if he belongs to the buyer then they’ve abandoned him. I think it’s more of a cancelled sale due to breach of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.