Can anyone help RSPCA identify those in this video?

minigal

Visit site
You CANNOT compare an electric fence to this! A fence is stationary and the horse can choose to stay away from it. This horse was shocked deiberately and by someone who wanted to cause it pain. Disgusting, there are so many ways to deal with bad loaders I can't see how anyone can justify doing this.

I don't think you can compare cattle to a horse either, I believe cattle have much thicker skin - hence why barbed wire is a suitable fence for them and not for horses.

I am no sensitive soul and I believe in discipline and punishment if necessary but this is just so so wrong.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Well Im a cruel sod, we had a pony prone to laminitis who was forever going through a mains fencer so I hosed him down before I turned him out. Once I caught him and repaired the fencer he never did that again.

joeanne

Visit site
If you want to be come ona horse forum and be "big" by prmoting animal cruelty so be it - but dont call me stupid because i dont or wont - i personally think there are other ways -

Nothing "big" in it, you dont know me from Adam, and those that do will tell you I am no advocate of cruelty, but there is nothing in that video (other than the complete misjudging of when to "zap" and lack of a hat) that strikes me as "cruel".
And how do you know they have not tried every other way?
You dont!

teddyt

Visit site
Like it or not, one has to question.....a short sharp shock....or....leathering said animal for ages to get it into a box? I've seen THAT many times, believe me....

Neither!

far too many "precious" types around these days

Because they prefer to see a horse loaded with patience and training as opposed to with a cattle prod?

Girlracer

Visit site
I mean obviously the RSPCA won't do b***er all even if they do find them, but honestly as far as locating them there can only be so many hideous pink lorries sold in the UK.

I've shared it on Facebook anyway.

MrsElle

Visit site
Before we all start baying for the blood of the girls in the video, we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions.

We know nothing of the horse and its temperament. There are difficult loaders who are petrified of loading. The prod would be totaly inappropriate in that case, but if the horse is just being an arse, a prod properly used is no worse than a sharp crack with a whip.

As for getting the RSPCA involved, I was going to say that it is wrong to waste their time investigating this video when there are proper cases of abuse out there. On second thoughts though, it is right up the RSPCA's street, pandering to the fluffy bunny hugging public while true cases of neglect and abuse go uninvestigated.

amandap

Visit site
Can I get one of those to zap my boys out of bed in the morning?

Seems ideal :D:D:D
Perfect for crying babies who wont shut up too. :p
I think every horse should be issued with one (actually a tazer would be better on humans, shuts them up too.) to use on their human when the human doesn't do what the horse is telling him. :D

blueneonrainbow

Visit site
I can't imagine the RSPCA are genuinely interested in this when I've seen welfare cases they turned a blind eye to. As someone else has said... Cattle are just as intelligent as horses, you can't apply double standards to this!

darkhorse123

Visit site
im actually so sad people think this is ok and acceptable - and we wonder why cruelty exists - im actually gutted people can defend this horrible video

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Perfect for crying babies who wont shut up too. :p
I think every horse should be issued with one (actually a tazer would be better on humans, shuts them up too.) to use on their human when the human doesn't do what the horse is telling him. :D

Such fun!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Yep, lots of evil people involved with horses :(

Of course.

But many on here seem completely incapable of having a debate.

Time and again, it ends up in with a slanging match....why can we not sit and discuss the ways and means of HOW this might work, and WHY it's seen as wrong?

Last edited:

ezililaur

Visit site
Taken from their YouTube chanel as a reply to comments I assume:

"This horse is 3yrs old and has been travelled regularly since a foal and always loaded first time, now she is bigger she has decided she would rather rear and jump on our heads, so surely this is a better option than having it rearing and causing an accident to itself or us. I take it that by searching for this video you are having trouble loading a horse, good luck with mamby pambying it and waisting hours of your time being taken for a mug by a horse. Kind regards mr turbin. :)"

"rearing and causing an accident" Did that prod prevent that then? not from where I was sitting.

I thought they were vile, this response says it all.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Of course.

Time and again, it ends up in with a slanging match....why can we not sit and discuss the ways and means of HOW this might work, and WHY it's seen as wrong?

Except me!!! I'm just spectating.

Popcorn?

amandap

Visit site
Oh well, I'll leave the electric prods for you to play with and point at the RSPCA.
I can guess what many on this thread will be wanting in their Xmas stockings. :rolleyes: Wish I hadn't bothered posting it, I'm thoroughly depressed at the thought that this will have given some peeps 'ideas.' :(

H&H big lesson learned by me here.

teddyt

Visit site
Of course.

I agree. I love a good debate :)

Ranyhyn

Visit site

Agreed, some people are here to express opinions, get information and learn! Simply because someone has an opinion, doesn't mean it can't be changed - but the only way that will be done is with reasoned, sensible discussion...not name calling.