Can I come in please?

louisesb

Visit site
Glad to hear you're both ok - all fingers crossed that Connie's MOT goes all ok.
You wrote a lovely update and well done you for telling it how it is - very few people would have bottle to do that and at the end of the day she's your horse and you know her the best.
I think you're both great and have acheived what most of us only dream about - your 1st 4* completion will be just around the corner I'm sure!!

KatB

Visit site
SO pleased to read this
grin.gif
And well done you for rising above the cr*p
grin.gif
You have done an amazing job with a tricky but blooming amazing little horse! And your atitude and determination i think is inspiration for us all! A HUGE well done, and I am sure it wont be long until we are hearing great things about you and Robo Con (
wink.gif
) again

Imonone

Visit site
Great post - really made me smile, especially the title
smile.gif

Would be happy if I could be half as phlegmatic and funny when under the cosh.

All the best for future rounds
smile.gif

JenniferB

Visit site
I was quite horrified when I saw the way the thread was going the other day - having quietly followed your postings over the summer I can't believe the attitude of some people who a) don't know you and your horse and b) like me probably have never even evented! I love reading about you and Connie, and so glad you came on to let everyone know progress and 'your side of the story'. Really hope that whatever the vets come up with is something trivial and you can go on to get your first completion at Badminton in the spring!

TableDancer

Visit site
Fabulous post, L, so glad to hear you and Con are basically fine - fingers xd for a little wear and tear in the hocks
wink.gif
I thought you guys looked on fire till that point
grin.gif
Oh, and if you ever get fed up with eventing I think a career in diplomacy awaits you
grin.gif
- many congratulations on handling a tricky situation with such balance, wit and good humour
wink.gif

I have been considering turning my back on this forum lately but this thread and the fabulous point two one have changed my mind
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Can't wait to hear more exploits from the pocket rocket next year
cool.gif

only_me

Visit site
so glad to hear you and connie came out alright
smile.gif

hope its nothing too serious with connie
smile.gif

and it totally sucks to have fallen off at the same place as last year!!

glamourpuss

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I have been considering turning my back on this forum lately but this thread and the fabulous point two one have changed my mind
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you me? I have been thinking exactly the same....unfortunantly at the moment it seems that those who are happy to criticise and put people down (whilst from the safety of their computer chairs
wink.gif
) seem to be making a real impact.
It is lovely to see someone stand up to the critics in such a dignified and diplomatic way. I look forward to seeing you and Con with many successes at future events. I will also teach you the "I was right" song if you want for when you win Badminton and silence your critics once and for all
grin.gif

kerilli

Visit site
Great post, really really glad to hear that you're both fine, and i'm really sorry if my comments upset you at all, i think i typed before i thought... i was honestly gutted that you had a problem out there, i was really rooting for you to go clear and you were going really great up till that point.

Baydale

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you me? I have been thinking exactly the same....unfortunantly at the moment it seems that those who are happy to criticise and put people down (whilst from the safety of their computer chairs
wink.gif
It is lovely to see someone stand up to the critics in such a dignified and diplomatic way. I look forward to seeing you and Con with many successes at future events. I will also teach you the "I was right" song if you want for when you win Badminton and silence your critics once and for all
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me three, it's not been the nicest place lately
mad.gif
and I was beginning to wonder why I bother....then I remembered that I've made some great friends on here AND - back to the point of the post
blush.gif
- been inspired by yours and Con's adventures, along with many others. Thanks for coming back in, you'd have been sadly missed otherwise.
frown.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
I thought you rode brilliantly, I think Connie is superb and hope evrything is sorted out over the winter so you're up and running come spring.
Badminton?

wizoz

Visit site
Such a shame you feel you have to justify yourself. Fwiw, I think what you have achieved is amazing and I was so saddened to see your fall. When I watched it, it just made me cringe at the speed you exited the saddle and hit the floor and poor Connie's hind legs, I immediately went ouch, that's gonna hurt tomorrow
crazy.gif
frown.gif

BUT amazingly you both came out of it ok(ish) so that is fantastic.
smile.gif

People have opinions, they comment on things they see at the time, it can be hurtful to you and to people closely associated with you, but like you say, you'd love to rant and rave but what good would it do? You know your horse and her way of going, so it only matters to you. I feel that some comments are totally unecessary but it's human beings, they can't help it!
You do a great job, you must do because you've been to 4*, the biggest and best events in the world, surely that counts for something?
wink.gif

Anyway, I hope Connie enjoys her time off and you both come back fighting fit very soon.xx

jules89

Visit site
You're awesome I am so glad she is ok (must literally be metal she's made of the tough cookie!)

I watched your round on burghley.tv and thought you did a sterling job and as you say, she just didn't operate behind

Oh, and that's what it looks/feels like on my pocket rocket too!
wink.gif

Take care, and here's to Badders 2010!

Alibear

Visit site
For Connie I hope they find something that explains the occasional stumble behind thats easily fixed.

For you I just want to know when you're giving classes on ninja like tumbelling skills
wink.gif

Glad you posted and please let us know how you both get on.

PoppyG

Visit site
I'm glad that your both ok, and i hope Connies MOT goes well. Really pleased that other peoples negative comments havent got you down. I for one would not want to even walk a course like that, let alone attempt riding it!! A massive well done for getting as far as you have
laugh.gif

AnShanDan

Visit site
What you need to remember is that, you and connie are heroes to all us lot!!

You are the one that is out there doing it, and that counts for everything!!!!!

Fingers double crossed all investigations have a good outcome.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Mrs_Wishkabibble

Visit site
Hats off to you I say. You were there doing it not sat at home picking people's riding apart like some!
smirk.gif

Glad you are both ok, I don't know you but saw the fall on TV and thought it looked rather painful for both of you so glad to hear you are both ok.
Well done for even getting there I say!
smile.gif

Better luck for next year
smile.gif

Worried1

Visit site
Anyone who tackles solid fences has nothing but my admiration, ask Baydale
wink.gif

Really glad you and Connie are OK which is the most important thing!

aran

community.webshots.com
I'm so glad you did come back!
There are lots (like me!) that don't post that often but love to read about how combinations are getting on (especially if the jumps are over 1m or the dressage test involves more than going round in a few circles as we love to hear what its like good/bad/in different as we're very unlikely to ever know!).

I'm so glad that Connie is OK - good luck for the MOT. She is truely amazing!
You flew at some speed - so the fact that you are also OK shows that you are just as tough as she is - perfect combination.

Good luck for next season!

Gamebird

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wink.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me three, it's not been the nicest place lately
mad.gif
and I was beginning to wonder why I bother....then I remembered that I've made some great friends on here AND - back to the point of the post
blush.gif
- been inspired by yours and Con's adventures, along with many others. Thanks for coming back in, you'd have been sadly missed otherwise.
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me four then *carefully counting aloud using her fingers*. I went away on holiday and took a long hard objective look when I came back and wasn't enormously chuffed with what I saw so had planned a tactical retreat (whaddya mean no-one had noticed?
tongue.gif
).

Seriously though, in the immortal words of Richard Madeley 'welcome back'
tongue.gif
. You know my feelings on it all though anyway
wink.gif
cool.gif

teapot

Visit site
I for one am really glad you're back ellesj - you like Sarah_Jane amongst others are the real inspirations on this forum for us mere mortals who probably will never get round an intro
wink.gif

Glad you're ok, bar the sore backside and that Connie's relatively ok, hope she has a good hols & MOT and comes back firing on all rockets
grin.gif

humph

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It does sadden me with the criticsm my friends and fellow competitors get sometimes and I have to admit I would love to rant and rage but what can you do, We choose to make are careers/successes/mistakes rather public so I guess that is the price. There are always jealous people in every sport and you have to take it on the chin.

Again, thank you,

smile.gif
Laura & Connie.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a brilliant attitude, good on you.

Haven't had a chance to read all the other posts but my tuppence worth is that you know your horse better than anyone and can't have got this far (particularly having brought her on yourself) with sufficient self-appraisal to know when you're right or wrong. I'd be mighty proud of achieving what you have and if you went too fast, I'm not one to judge, but I'm pretty confident that you'll discuss it with whatever trainers and alter things accordingly - I certainly don't feel it's my place to tell you!

Above all else, I'm delighted you're both sound and well. That fall was certainly spectacular. I think you've got a very impressive pony - if ever you want to find a nice broodmare home for her, I'll have a stable with an open door any day!

Thistle

Visit site
haven't read all the replies but I have seen Connie operate in the flesh, I have one who is very similar so understand the speed/lack of it thing!

Hope she is OK and look forward to seeing you and her back in the future.

Hunty91

Visit site
Glad you're both ok and fingers crossed for Con. You should pop over to PG and look at Tinkerbee's photos - there's one of you and Con over a log - absolutely flying!!

ajb123

Visit site
It takes enormous guts and determination to do what you have achieved. So glad you are both ok-ish!! Hope the MOT goes OK & looking forward to a great 2010 season for you both!!!!

jumptoit

Visit site
Glad to hear you are both fine, fingers crossed for Connie's MOT. I hope she enjoys her well earned break and comes back next season, firing on all cylinders!

I watched your round on Burghley TV and thought you rode a lovely round - best of luck for next season, it's nice to have you back
laugh.gif

archoak

Visit site
Thanks for posting
smile.gif
Glad you are both OK - we saw you at the trout hatchery and I had primed all my friends you were coming
grin.gif
I was going to shout something but as don't know you thought it would be a bit weird and put you off
wink.gif
Anyway you looked fab, yes fast but as I think Boss said that is how your horse goes and everyone commented about how brave you are to actually do a 4*.

Well done x

PS: We recently did hock xrays, nothing showed up except wear and tear and our vet said that is to be expected with jumping horses.

_April_

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I for one am really glad you're back ellesj - you like Sarah_Jane amongst others are the real inspirations on this forum for us mere mortals who probably will never get round an intro
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

haha Amen to that! I couldn't even do a BE80 without throwing up with fear
blush.gif
grin.gif

V. happy to read your post Laura. Best of luck with everything xx