Can I come in please?

humph

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think you've got a very impressive pony - if ever you want to find a nice broodmare home for her, I'll have a stable with an open door any day!

[/ QUOTE ]

Having now read most of hte posts, I'm now panicking that you might take my comment above as a "just in case" her mot isn't good - It wasn't meant like that at all, how insensitive - was just meant as a compliment about what a cool horse you have.

Finger's crossed for the mot x

AutumnRose

Visit site
I'm so glad to heaar you are both ok. I hope you get to the bottom of anything up with Connie and that you'll be back all guns balzing for Badders next year.

I have nothing but admiration and respect for you on being so successful at such a high level. You really are a huge inspriation to those of us who piddle about round intros
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

jellybaby

Visit site
Echo what Wiziz has said - I didn't read what was written, but I'm sure that it would all boil down to jealousy!

Glad to hear that Con is OK, mares are tough old boots aren't they?! Glad to hear you are OK too...and the main thing is, you both live to fight another day!

JB xx

ElleJS

Visit site
I am overwhelmed by all of you- come on the sceptics, this has to be proof that this is, fundamentally the nicest forum out there!
smile.gif
Thank you all for your kind words
smile.gif

Robo Con will be back and undoubtly will unleash her special skills on many dressage judges to come.... (great
crazy.gif
) she will also be joined by a rather shiny new pony arriving in my yard tomorrow that is the luckiest exciting thing that has ever happened to me. Every cloud has a silver lining huh!
grin.gif

jumptoit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
she will also be joined by a rather shiny new pony arriving in my yard tomorrow that is the luckiest exciting thing that has ever happened to me. Every cloud has a silver lining huh!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fab, please keep us updated on both robo con and the new shiny pony
grin.gif

kibob

Visit site

Thankyou for the update. Glad you are both ok,, she's a cracking little mare (but of course, you know that
wink.gif
).

Also pleased that you haven't let the negativity get to you,,, seems Connie isn't the only one made of steel.

Heres to a fab 2010 for you both
smile.gif

SpottedCat

Visit site
I am so glad you are all ok - both of you. Having had a similar fall in which I was stopped by my head rather than completing your rather natty somersault I am as impressed by your resilience as Connie's! I couldn't ride for a week, and walking was interesting too.

Good on you for coming on here and putting your version of events across, I am glad you haven't left, you are a complete inspiration as someone who has produced their own horse to the v highest levels.

weevil

Visit site
Never mind Connie being made of metal - you must be made of rubber to have escapes relatively unscathed from that fall!
We were pleased we managed to see you see you go through the trout hatchery at Burghley and fingers crossed for Connie's MOT.

alwaysbroke

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ishe will also be joined by a rather shiny new pony arriving in my yard tomorrow that is the luckiest exciting thing that has ever happened to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhhh please tell us more!

I love reading Connie and your reports and was so sorry to see you both take such as nasty tumble. Hope the MOT goes well please let us know how it goes

WoopsiiD

summerfieldstables.weebly.com
Glad to see you are both ok. Non horsey OH watched your attempt at 'Birdwoman of Burghley' and was shocked that you got up. He actually admitted that woman riders are made of stern stuff!!!
Fingers crossed MOT goes well.

Rosiefan

Visit site
You certainly may come in Laura - was a bit afraid you might not want to anymore. I love all the comp reports on here but particularly look forward to the higher level ones (probably because they're that little bit rarer).
Anyway, well done and fingers crossed that there's nothing much to show on the MOT and that your sore bum soon feels better x

TPO

Visit site
I've not had internet connection since Sunday and haven't seen any other posts but just wanted to say that I'm glad you and Connie are ok. I was watching at home and scared everyone when I gasped at your fall. I know I don't "know" you but it feels like it when watching a HHOer on TV.

I don't know what's gone on but so refreshing to read such a positive post and wishing you both (and new ponio) all the best for the future. I hope everything goes ok at Newmarket.

You're out doing it while others are at home typing about it
wink.gif

bex1984

Visit site
Glad you are OK and fingers crossed for Connie. Was there at Burghley and you two came whizzing past me too damn fast for me to get a photo
wink.gif
Was gutted to hear over the tannoy that you'd had a fall.

Look forward to watching you at Badminton and Burghley again next year
smile.gif

Pidgeon

Visit site
haven't read all of the replies but just wanted to say how pleased I am you are both ok. I hope you get to the bottom of what is up with Connie.
And finally having had a XC course walk on the Thursday with Caroline Powell I think anyone who attempts even one of those fences let alone all of them must have balls of steel and an incredibly brave horse.

diggerbez

Visit site
QR
just wanted to say is great to hear that you and connie are feeling good and i do hope her MOT goes well!
please don't feel you have to justify yourself to others....the vast majority on here will never ride at a 4* and should therefore reserve judgement about what you should have done before the fence. i had some pictures of a recent dressage outing but if i'm honest was too scared to post them as thought i might get a slating for my position (i know its crap, don't need people to tell me)- which is a shame as 95% of people here are lovely and positive....

Saf

community.webshots.com
Laura

What a well written report, hats off to you, really pleased Connie is ok and hope what ever the check up brings is minor. Having a mare myself say as I have before "mares rock"
Well done you, and I can only dream of 4*
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Puppy

Visit site
Woo! Yay! The metal mare, and rubber rider are all ok
grin.gif

Very glad to see you back.
smile.gif
We saw you in action earlier on in the course and you looked fab
laugh.gif
I'm most glad to hear you haven't been put off by the other thread...
crazy.gif
And look forward to following your future progress
smile.gif
Where abouts are you going to in Newmarket? If you want some company let me know, as I am very near by and have spent FAR too much time in their waiting rooms myself lately, and know what it's like...
crazy.gif

Shall keep everything crossed Connie gets the all clear
smile.gif
xx

Joss

Visit site
Good for you. A great report/reply. Really hope she is fine and thank you so much for the update.

Looking forward to hearing about the new one.......

sexyspev

Visit site
You guys both looked fabulous, and I am sure 'robo-con' will be back to her wonderfully pingy ways in no time...
Good luck with the MOT, i am sure she will pass with flying colours!!!

MysteryGirl

Visit site
I was interested to hear the theories of tying up as my horse has suffered with azoturia in the past, but the bloods are conclusive, I hope the alternatives are not worse.

When I watched the on-line footage I did think she looked like she went uneven behind before the fence, there is only so much a mare of metal can do if all 4 of her limbs are not cooperating and it's a miracle the 2 of you walked away.

Fingers crossed for the results of her investigations, please keep us informed xx

TarrSteps

Visit site
A very grown up (don't be offended, I bet I'm a great deal older than you and I don't have many grown up moments
smile.gif
) and sensible post. Your approach speaks to a great professional attitude and I'm sure it will stand you in good stead in your career. The unfortunate part about trying to climb mountains is it makes you a good target for the people down below.
wink.gif

I have to say, reading your post, before I even got to the part where you mention your vet's possible theories, I thought "hocks". Often the first sign is an inability to push off at one particular angle, so people think, "Well, the horse is jumping most of the time and nothing is different," when from the horse's point of view a foot or two closer or farther from the jump makes all the difference. And it is just a week link, with all those tiny bones and moving parts. The swopping off it tell tale, too. On the very upside, there has been so much work done on keeping competition horses hocks in working order there are many great options for maintenance. I think a lot of people would be surprised how many top competition horses require careful monitoring to keep them up to snuff, there's no shame in it and it doesn't mean anything except that the best is being done for the horse. It's a hard job, you have to expect some wear and tear.

I really hope something like that - explaining what happened and providing a clear path of support - comes up as it would set your mind at rest. Best of luck.
smile.gif

Oh, and if Gamebird, Baydale and TD are packing up their toys then I guess I'd have to, too.
frown.gif

FlipFlop5

Visit site
Very glad to hear that you are both ok, was gutted to hear you had a fall after you made winner's row look so small
Hope the MOT goes well and good luck with the new one!