Caroline March

Fjord

Visit site
Content warning for assisted suicide

Just seen the announcement on Facebook that Caroline March passed away yesterday. I read her statement and it just made me cry, she was an incredibly brave, strong woman, who just could not deal with the dreadful injuries she sustained and chose the route of assisted suicide. I think I would have wanted to do the same tbh.

RIP Caroline.

SEL

Visit site
Oh gosh that letter she left.

I have absolutely no idea how I'd be in her situation and I guess none of us do until it happens.

RIP Caroline.

IrishMilo

Visit site
Content warning for assisted suicide

Just seen the announcement on Facebook that Caroline March passed away yesterday. I read her statement and it just made me cry, she was an incredibly brave, strong woman, who just could not deal with the dreadful injuries she sustained and chose the route of assisted suicide. I think I would have wanted to do the same tbh.

RIP Caroline.
Horribly sad. Where did you see it was via AS?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Warning, this is a very hard read. You will be in tears. Much respect Caroline, you made a good choice. RIP.

What a lovely article, it was clear they held her very dear.
RIP Caroline, how incredibly bravely she dealt with the hand she was dealt, so sad.

Surbie

Visit site
I hadn't seen that. I'm glad she could leave on her own terms. I hope she is at peace and her lovely family are ok.

I was at Burnham when she had the accident. We'd watched her warm up and ride her dressage test, showjumping round and were going to catch some of the XC when we heard she'd had that horrific fall. She was so brave about sharing her recovery journey and honest about what she was left with.

RIP Caroline.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
So sad that someone decides to end their life BUT I think it's incredible that Caroline was able to make the choice for herself. A lot of people are not able to do so and are forced to live a life they don't want. I hope her family and friends are able to find peace with the choice she made, it sounds like she died as she lived...on her own terms x

Denali

Visit site
My condolences to everyone who knew her. Fair winds to an obviously strong woman who lived life on her own terms until the end.

Kadastorm

Visit site
Such a brave lady.
To have struggled with her mental health and found some understanding and control over that and then to suffer a horrific injury, I cant imagine how hard life has been for her.
I completely respect her decision and I hope she is at peace, and if there is another life we go on to, I hope she is riding fast across the country once again.