CDJ withdrawn from paris

Squeak

Visit site
There have been mutterings about CDJ from a few posters on HHO for a while, but I’m in the dark.

ETA Lead item on BBC R2 4pm news 😳

I hadn't heard the mutterings at all, they always tried to put across an image of really caring for the horses and their welfare - enough turnout and variance in their work etc etc.

Really really disappointing and really disappointing for dressage as you do have to start to wonder if any of the top riders get there without abusing their horses.

U.N.Owen

Visit site
The rumours are more between the higher level dressage competitors if that makes sense? You see things at higher level shows/ when you're in that circle than when you are a spectator.

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
I hadn't heard the mutterings at all, they always tried to put across an image of really caring for the horses and their welfare - enough turnout and variance in their work etc etc.

Really really disappointing and really disappointing for dressage as you do have to start to wonder if any of the top riders get there without abusing their horses.
If by “they” you mean Charlotte and Carl, I don’t think we can assume he is also implicated?

I drive past the yard most days - yes the horses do live the lifestyle that is portrayed, plenty of turnout, hacking (you see them out daily) etc

ponynutz

Visit site
Just seen her post and came straight here, thanks for making a thread.

Has anybody seen the video? I wonder if her advocating for animal welfare has always been because she felt so ashamed of herself. Makes me more likely to believe it was truly an error of judgement.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site

This, though I havent been a fan of her riding or the horses she has had since blueberry has retired.

She has seemed to be more heavy handed etc.

Nicnac

Visit site
Sad for team GB and her. As others have said strange that a four year old video has emerged - very timely...... FEI investigations tend to take their time so guess there won't be an outcome for a while. i wonder whether withdrawing was her decision.

Foxford

Visit site
Surely they must have the lorries loaded and be ready to go. 1st dressage event is a week today. Wow!

If she can't compete for ages due to the investigation, or she gets a ban, I wonder if we'll see some of her horses move to other riders?

Squeak

Visit site
I guess that’s my HR mind not wanting to make assumptions or pass judgment before the facts of the situation are known….. and taking into consideration Kat’s comments too….

I really hope he is, and would love for him to be, innocent of it. It would be another massive blow to British dressage if he isn't.

Oisin.equii

New User
Visit site
The timing is a bit coincidental. I wonder what it was?
That's what I was thinking with the coincidental timing. I was chatting with a couple of friends and one said that it was like sabotage because she said flatly over the past 9 months more people have been called out and why not call her out then, instead of right before the Olympics, especially since the video was 4 years old

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
I can’t say I’m that surprised. A dressage pro friend of mine told me ages ago how hard she was on her horses and that she was in no way a role model.

I’m surprised they haven’t gone for Lottie Fry as she is a more obvious choice to call out as her horse always looks stressed.

I hope it doesn’t implicate Carl as I’ve always found him to be genuine.

Does this mean we get to see Jagerbomb strut his stuff 😃
( I don’t fully understand the new rules)

Last edited:

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I don't watch dressage as it bores me to tears but I always thought she was one of the nicer ones.

Makes you wonder what it is, can imagine though given what's prevalent in the "sport"

It'll get to the point, if it hasn't already done so where you cant trust any of them

Makes you wonder if its a jump before you're pushed decision

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I think you have to look at Carl depending on what the content is, as she trains under him so you have to question where she's learnt to do whatever she was doing. You'd hope he wouldn't, but then you'd hope she didn't either. It can't just be dismissed that he couldn't possibly do it because he seems a nice guy. I thought she was.

You do have to wonder how much longer this can continue, when the mask slips from what you thought where the "good guys".