CDJ withdrawn from paris

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
From Beeb sport.

Dujardin said the video was "filmed four years ago" and she was "devastated to have let everyone down".

BBC Sport has not seen the video in question and it is currently unclear what the nature of the investigation is.

Sources have told BBC Sport the video was submitted directly to the FEI.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Worthy of “breaking news” notifications from the BBC news app. My eyebrows didn’t even raise, that’s how surprised I am…

I’d drop equestrian from the Olympics (actually I’d lose all high level eq sport) in a heartbeat. People can’t be trusted with horses.

Completely agree. Usually these "incidents" are not in the mainstream news, this is because of how decorated she is. Could this be the lighting of the touch paper?

indie1282

Visit site
Worthy of “breaking news” notifications from the BBC news app. My eyebrows didn’t even raise, that’s how surprised I am…

I’d drop equestrian from the Olympics (actually I’d lose all high level eq sport) in a heartbeat. People can’t be trusted with horses.
Agree.

All too often horses suffer for ambition and entertainment.

I have seen CDJ at a demo with CH where the horse wasn’t quite getting what she asked ( although trying their best ) and CH said to stop and give the horse a break and she would not stop, he had to ask a further 3 times and the last time he had to almost stand in front of her to get her to stop . CDJ look furious…

I have also seen her riding a 5 year old in another demo where she cantered the horse with its head wrenched right in for 20min without giving it a break..

Her hands are like iron.

GSD Woman

Visit site
It sounds like this may be more than a one off. Otherwise, I would wonder why people can't make a mistake in the past and move on and do better?

MagicMelon

Visit site
I cant believe the comment on facebook saying its a horrific witch hunt etc. And feeling sorry for her. Ultimately she clearly did mess up in a serious way so she has to pay the price for that. Hopefully they release the video so we can judge. But people saying oh poor her... yet they have no idea what cruelty shes potentially caused

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
The video will not be shared officially until the independent objective investigation has been completed. It is not the responsibility of the general public to be judge jury and executioner on the basis of a video without the full details being known.

Of course it will leak out before then, that’s social media nowadays.

Squeak

Visit site
If there's an investigation, nobody's seen the video, and there's suspicion it's sabotage it might be they've been advised to or are playing it safe.

Regardless of whether CDJ is innocent or not you do wonder if there's a second investigation that is/ could be done as to sabotage? The timing is very very suspicious.

ihatework

Visit site
This sort of riding and training is unfortunately part and parcel of modern competitive dressage. End of. I’m not surprised that something has eventually surfaced on CDJ but quite honestly this is not about her in my eyes, it’s about the culture in the sport.

The release of this video now is most definitely a spiteful act designed for maximum embarrassment and impact, of that I have no doubt. If the person taking that video really did care about horse welfare it should have been made public at the time, rather than allowing a further 4 years without investigation/ change.

That said, if there is clear horse abuse (which from CDJ statement she certainly seems to be conceding something went on) then despite the timing, it needs to be investigated and it’s 100% on CDJ.

gunnergundog

Visit site
The Telegraph says the video shows her repeatedly hitting a horse on the legs 'during a slow motion trot'. Piaffe/Passage training? Have seen bamboo canes used by someone on the ground to tap the legs whilst horse under saddle when training such steps. I thought that was the norm to encourage the elevation, but guess it comes down to the force used??? Also, Spanish Riding School have deployed such methods for in=hand work.