Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Ad says:

16 yo TB
Weaves
Stressy
Can’t keep weight on
Naps
Can’t be left alone
Never left the yard he’s on or been loaded since owner has had him (a few years)
Been out injured for a year and not really back in work yet
Moves nicely - (accompanied by plenty of video of a lame horse)

And the best bit:

He’s up for a decent price because I’ve priced him for what I personally think he’s worth!

asmp

Visit site
There’s been some jaw dropping ones on nfed.co.uk this week for a horse, pony and dog, including this one:

“tb gelding his 9yo very quite to do in always no vices is being sold as a companion or light hacking horse as his not 100 percent sound but sadley I don't have the funds to investigate. He has very flat feet and pads so maybe his just sore and his sound on the bute so hence price his a fantastic temperament and will be good companion. I just want the money iv paid on him back .£1000.”

Redcow-hat

Visit site
There’s been some jaw dropping ones on nfed.co.uk this week for a horse, pony and dog, including this one:

“tb gelding his 9yo very quite to do in always no vices is being sold as a companion or light hacking horse as his not 100 percent sound but sadley I don't have the funds to investigate. He has very flat feet and pads so maybe his just sore and his sound on the bute so hence price his a fantastic temperament and will be good companion. I just want the money iv paid on him back .£1000.”

Another sad one on NFED for an 18 year old mare, bought 3 months ago but hasn't settled in her stable on a busy yard so selling. Bought for £700 but selling for £1000 because she's had her teeth and jabs done! Poor girl being passed around ?

asmp

Visit site
And the 9 week old puppy looking for it’s “forever home”, bought recently from a fair with no idea who the parents are but can’t be kept in the owners flat so has to be sold. ?

exracehorse

Visit site
⭐️WANTED FULL LOAN/LWVTB⭐

Hi I’m currently looking for a project horse that is currently out of work and needs bring back, to ride etc. I am 27 weeks pregnant and have a 17 month old daughter so must be good with kids!

SilverLinings

Visit site
⭐️WANTED FULL LOAN/LWVTB⭐

Hi I’m currently looking for a project horse that is currently out of work and needs bring back, to ride etc. I am 27 weeks pregnant and have a 17 month old daughter so must be good with kids!

OMG :oops::(

especially that she wants a 'project horse', sounds ideal for risking your unborn baby and 17 month old!

I understand some people choose to ride horses they know- and feel are safe- during their pregnancy, but surely at 27 weeks you wouldn't risk riding a horse you didn't know, let alone one labelled as a project?

maya2008

Visit site
I saw one for a share: ‘Looking for an experienced rider to help bring my horse back into work after a tendon injury.’ They wanted someone to pay for the privilege and do chores…

exracehorse

Visit site
OMG :oops::(

especially that she wants a 'project horse', sounds ideal for risking your unborn baby and 17 month old!

I understand some people choose to ride horses they know- and feel are safe- during their pregnancy, but surely at 27 weeks you wouldn't risk riding a horse you didn't know, let alone one labelled as a project?
And …. What happens to this horse on loan when she pops baby out in three months time .. two kids under two is horrendous. I used to be crying Judy doing the Tesco run with a newborn and toddler.

chaps89

Visit site
Popped up in my feed as a sponsored ad, as opposed to a one off post in a group if that makes sense

Pay to go and be a groom for any amount of time you want? It’s basically a holiday, I don’t know how it compares to an actual equivalent holiday where you don’t have to muck out and teach beginners but it doesn’t seem to me to be in line with normal volunteer/charity/aid work particularly!
Maybe if you were desperate for a horseback holiday in Africa and this is loads cheaper perhaps?

https://volunteerencounter.com/zimb...4pQ5WuevSPzWMVqPYIRm1tueyYk94TJwYfQ2T0FfMT1HA

Cloball

Visit site
Popped up in my feed as a sponsored ad, as opposed to a one off post in a group if that makes sense

Pay to go and be a groom for any amount of time you want? It’s basically a holiday, I don’t know how it compares to an actual equivalent holiday where you don’t have to muck out and teach beginners but it doesn’t seem to me to be in line with normal volunteer/charity/aid work particularly!
Maybe if you were desperate for a horseback holiday in Africa and this is loads cheaper perhaps?

https://volunteerencounter.com/zimb...4pQ5WuevSPzWMVqPYIRm1tueyYk94TJwYfQ2T0FfMT1HA
I've done a working holiday before and thoroughly enjoyed it, I didn't have long enough holiday to work a season abroad or enough money to pay for a riding holiday. I made some great friends, got fed, and got to do a lot of riding in a beautiful place.

[153312]

Visit site

"Semi wild release pride" makes me think "canned hunting".

None of that seems legitimate or sensible.... Border checks etc on horseback yet it's open to people "of all experience levels"?

? ?????

I hope I'm wrong seems just like a money making exercise

chaps89

Visit site
I've done a working holiday before and thoroughly enjoyed it, I didn't have long enough holiday to work a season abroad or enough money to pay for a riding holiday. I made some great friends, got fed, and got to do a lot of riding in a beautiful place.

I totally get that but it still seems so expensive? £800 a week plus your flights?
I think it’s the way it’s sold as volunteering as opposed to a working holiday that grates perhaps?

Sossigpoker

Visit site
I know someone pretty clueless who has a 5 year old horse, not regularly ridden as they won't pay for it (unable to ride themselves) but now advertise for a loaner for the horse. The horse won't hack even in company! So they won't someone to come and essentially produce the horse for them and also pay them for it!
Nothing wrong with the horse, he's just barely backed and needs educating. They just expect someone to do it for them amd make money out of it.

I'm Dun

Visit site
I totally get that but it still seems so expensive? £800 a week plus your flights?
I think it’s the way it’s sold as volunteering as opposed to a working holiday that grates perhaps?

I think the cost is roughly double that for non volunteers, it certainly was last time I looked at it. Seems a really good way to get a cheap once in a lifetime holiday by helping out.

I'm Dun

Visit site
"Semi wild release pride" makes me think "canned hunting".

None of that seems legitimate or sensible.... Border checks etc on horseback yet it's open to people "of all experience levels"?

? ?????

I hope I'm wrong seems just like a money making exercise

Its not hunting

Antelope Park is the home of ALERT, African Lion & Environmental Research Trust, and many development projects focusing on conservation and community development.

KEK

Visit site
I know someone pretty clueless who has a 5 year old horse, not regularly ridden as they won't pay for it (unable to ride themselves) but now advertise for a loaner for the horse. The horse won't hack even in company! So they won't someone to come and essentially produce the horse for them and also pay them for it!
Nothing wrong with the horse, he's just barely backed and needs educating. They just expect someone to do it for them amd make money out of it.
I've seen heaps of those adds here. Come and lease this just backed horse, experienced riders only, oh and its paid, on property. Hmm, I've been PAYING someone to ride my youngster for the last 3 years! So unbelievably cheeky.

Sossigpoker

Visit site
I've seen heaps of those adds here. Come and lease this just backed horse, experienced riders only, oh and its paid, on property. Hmm, I've been PAYING someone to ride my youngster for the last 3 years! So unbelievably cheeky.
I used to pay a pro to ride mine too . Probably paid about a grand to get him started and produced to his current level.

Reactions: KEK

KEK

Visit site
I used to pay a pro to ride mine too . Probably paid about a grand to get him started and produced to his current level.
I'd best not add up what I've paid so far.. could have bought a schoolmaster for sure. Shes been riding him 3 times a week for the best part of 2.5 years..Oh well, you live and learn! At least he has a good temperament, very dope on a rope.

smolmaus

Visit site
Oof. That is so grim.

We have a social media post scheduled from the sanctuary about that issue. I didn't write it, and I shouldn't be the one to write it because the optics are bad if a horse sanctuary says "please for the love of God give your old horses the gift of an easy death instead of expecting someone else to take them on so you don't have to think about it". Still true in my eyes, even though I know why it's not really the best way to say it.