Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

webble

Visit site
I think I saw that one it was sad it was tempting to take him just to retire him or pts

There was similar on a local page to me offering a 26yo who 'rides like a 10yo' and is for sale for £1500 due to being in great demand in a riding school (?). Poor old boy looked his 26 years, but was struggling on as best he could. In the comments, someone had put 'i luv him can i have him free will u deliver'. I was saddened by every aspect of it.

sasquatch

Visit site
I've noticed one poster on a local FB page trying to get rid of her mare for months, mare is a 10yo cob who's not in work currently (or for the past year) but is ride and drive, and gets even better, she might be in foal to a heavy stallion!

Her owner is now looking for her next horse, who must be able to jump 1m, compete in dressage, perfect all rounder, safe as a house, schoolmaster, preferably an ISH or nice coloured cob and under 9 years old - all for under £500!

Seen plenty of 'looking for a safe horse for a lady who wants to hack, must be bombproof, not a TB, not a cob, warmblood preferably, under 9 years old, capable of competing at badminton, with all tack and rugs but just for hacking now as my friend only wants to hack. small budget of under £300 and we're going to keep it in our-I mean her-field' recently, makes me sad.

I am one of those people who would like a small contribution when putting my horse up for share though, however I wouldn't be asking for more than £5 per day sharer has him that would be saved up to go towards the costs of my horse per month. Imo, there's nothing wrong for asking for a small contribution from a sharer if the sharer is able to ride and care for the horse as if they were their own, especially if they're using your tack and equipment, and the horse isn't coming back into work, or needing to be schooled or brought on.

Polar Bear9

Visit site
Just joined the Kent page as well. All I can say is dear God, this will keep me entertained for weeks. First post was asking if anyone had any horse they could borrow for any class at any show. What?!

MileAMinute

Visit site
I sold my Section A to what I thought was a loving family. It turned out they abandoned him at a livery yard and he was sold on by the YO to recover debt.
Recently I saw a advert on a local FB group from one of the kids, asking for cheap grass livery and a cheap horse. I couldn't sit on my hands. She genuinely thought she had done nothing wrong and that I needed to 'move on'. She ended up being blocked and a lot of people saw the advert so they know of her now but it infuriated me something chronic.

I've also seen several loan/sale ads with pictures of my current horse on! I'm flattered but worried about how deluded some of these kids are!

Agree with the whole cheap as possible thing too.
A recent one, not so much horsey, but local selling sites offering things for free, and the cheeky ******* want it delivered too!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Maybe I need to try this!

Wonder if this would work: "wanted someone who can come and catch my Welsh D daily, is prone to running off £40 per week as the exercise you will receive is equivalent to going to the gym"

SadKen

Visit site
I think I saw that one it was sad it was tempting to take him just to retire him or pts

If I was in a position to do so I would take him in a heartbeat... Not for 1500 quid as I wouldn't want to encourage it. But I could see him having a quiet life in a field wandering round in his summer coat where every now and again you catch a glimpse of a younger boy who was loved. Or maybe hacking at walk just for the fun of it, down the lane and back. I broke my heart a little over him, to be honest.

webble

Visit site
Oh you have me welling up too now and yes I know exactly what you mean

If I was in a position to do so I would take him in a heartbeat... Not for 1500 quid as I wouldn't want to encourage it. But I could see him having a quiet life in a field wandering round in his summer coat where every now and again you catch a glimpse of a younger boy who was loved. Or maybe hacking at walk just for the fun of it, down the lane and back. I broke my heart a little over him, to be honest.

nervous nelly

Visit site
I saw a brilliant one the other day a young girl maybe 13/14 advertising that she wanted someone to pay her to compete their ponies she apparently has room on her yard and can offer full livery to the right pony accompanying the adverts were a couple of blurry photos of her jumping ponies in what looked to by a very cowboy like style. I wonder if her parents were aware of what she was offering and when she would find time to provide full livery when she should be at school. There were then lots of comments from other young lasses saying how much of a fantastic rider she was.

thatsmygirl

Visit site
As a newbie to FB I am constantly gobsmacked by the cheek of people. One tonight, a 3year old palomino cob, unbroken,for loan!! As a project, don't you know! A project on loan my foot! Break my pony in for free and then I will pull it from under your feet when your done. I also love the ones which end with ....must be cheap! It takes a lot of strength on my part not to tell them what I think! These people are deluded!

Knowing your age now after a pervious thread I am constantly amazed at how grown up you are I really am. Wish there were more young ladies like you around.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Saw an ad from a girl from my old yard, offering breaking services for 'difficult' horses. I just had to message someone who'd responded and tell her that the girl was all of 14 and her speciality is teaching a horse to rear vertically!

Zebadee_1995

Visit site
I am rarely on Facebook. The ones that get me every time though are the ones when there is a 3-4yr old unbaked horse for share/loan. I can't help think every time 'so.. you want someone to back and school your horse and pay for it'. Infuriating.
Also the 12-15 week old puppies for sale because they don't have time or the puppy is too much hard work!
Oh and 'Bombproof horse wanted, 14.2-16hh, under 12 yr old, preferably with tack and rugs, budget 500'
I have had fun reading this thread.

Kadastorm

Visit site
Yeah those kent posts make me ashamed to come from kent sometimes! Some young girls I know/used to teach also post on there sometimes and I do cringe!

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
He ha, love this thread! I like the ones that say, 'Can anyone come out to my yard at 9am tomorrow morning to clip my horse as I have booked the vet to sedate him for that time.' Why on earth would you book a vet to sedate a horse for clipping when you haven't booked anyone to clip it yet? At least give people a bit more notice.
Also like the ones where someone is advertising a horse for sale, priced very reasonably for what it is and someone tags someone in the comments who then replies saying horse is way too expensive, when horse is say an 8 year old well put together good allrounder which the owner only wants £2500 for? Apparently you should get one of these for about £500.

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
I am rarely on Facebook. The ones that get me every time though are the ones when there is a 3-4yr old unbaked horse for share/loan. I can't help think every time 'so.. you want someone to back and school your horse and pay for it'. Infuriating.
Also the 12-15 week old puppies for sale because they don't have time or the puppy is too much hard work!
Oh and 'Bombproof horse wanted, 14.2-16hh, under 12 yr old, preferably with tack and rugs, budget 500'
I have had fun reading this thread.

Sorry but I rather like my youngsters unbaked..otherwise they might be a light overdone :D

marmalade76

Visit site
The worst ones I have seen are where they are wanting to loan/sell an injured horse! They say 'lovely horse etc etc, just diagnosed with ligament/tendon whatever injury vet says should be fine after 6months + rest for loan'. Wait what? Horse is now injured and you want someone else to pay for it?

Or horse had an injury and she stated 'must be sold as I HAVE to compete and can't have two' no you don't have to compete you want to! Makes me sad :(

Yep, similar not long ago on our local group, 16.2 7yo low level dressage horse now only sound enough to be a companion/light hack, owner was hoping to find someone to love him as much as she does. 'Fraid I couldn't resist and had to comment 'if you love him that much, keep him.'

J&C

Visit site
There is a girl who post some ridiculous things on our local horsey page. She has recently been posting for somebody to give her and her horse a lift to a riding school where she has won a half price lesson. She said whoever takes her can bring their horse and have a half price lesson too.
Somebody has politely suggested that she should be paying somebody to give her a lift and she said 'why should i pay them when they are getting a half price lesson?' and 'its only a lift' etc. so somebody else said why doesn't she pay for the drivers lesson too in lieu of petrol money and her response for that is that there's 'no point' as she would then end up paying for a full price lesson and might as well not bother.

She posts a lot and generally expects to get everything for nothing and gets very defensive when people suggest she is asking a lot. A lot of people do stand up for her though, but I just find her a bit bratty.
She got offended the other day as she asked for advice as she couldn't get her horse to respond to her aids (i.e wouldn't walk forward at all) and a few people suggested she get an instructor out and she went off on one saying how rude it was for people to say she needed an instructor and she's not a novice and knows what she's doing and doesn't need riding lessons!

(if anyone is local to me I'm sure they will recognise her immediately, she posts a lot!)

miss_c

Visit site
I love the way everyone who owns a horse sets up their own "whatever their name is" eventing or dressage page.

Guilty... Although I do try to make it clear that it's really just a blog of what I get up to with my horses! I'm not imaginative so couldn't think of a better name for it!

I've said this story before but it you want a laugh...

Did a friend a favour, their friend's kid wanted a 'sit on a pony' and the only suitable mount was my husband's horse at the time. Kid rolls up (full riding kit, so looking for more that a 'sit on a pony'...) and once on, proceeded to boot said horse. Now, he can look after himself so he carted her off around the school... :D

The best bit is when her mother produced a list of all the shows I was to take said horse to, with my trailer....dates when kid could come and ride etc etc....and when I put the stoppers on it and said this wasn't up for negotiation, I was asked to let a kid sit on a pony, I was slagged off because I 'ruined her daughter's dreams of competing'.

:p

OMG! Cloud cuckoo land!!!!! The cheek of some people!

I also love the ones which end with ....must be cheap! It takes a lot of strength on my part not to tell them what I think! These people are deluded!

That makes me so annoyed when people say that - horses and cheap don't go together!

I saw one recently, a girl selling her 'school master horse' at the age of 5, conditions of sale.. He must stay on current yard or one within a 5 mile radius so she can visit weekly to check he is okay. Also in the conditions of her sale she is allowed to turn up at any point for a ride as he is her baby and she loves him dearly.
When asked if it was a loan rather than sale she stated it is definitely a sale, £6,000 for the darling horse she has to sell him as he is too good for her (she prefers a challenge), but she wants to visit weekly for lessons with her instructor.

I am sure he is never going to sell if she is serious!

Another in cloud cuckoo land!

A saw a post with a 'fund me' link. Poster wanted people to contribute money to pay off her last months livery as she had defaulted on paying it and didn't want to have to sell her horse, think I might try that!!

Cor, 2014's been a hard year for me, perhaps I should try this instead of moving to a cheaper yard?!

I saw a brilliant one the other day a young girl maybe 13/14 advertising that she wanted someone to pay her to compete their ponies she apparently has room on her yard and can offer full livery to the right pony accompanying the adverts were a couple of blurry photos of her jumping ponies in what looked to by a very cowboy like style. I wonder if her parents were aware of what she was offering and when she would find time to provide full livery when she should be at school. There were then lots of comments from other young lasses saying how much of a fantastic rider she was.

I saw one similar on the BSJA Page... A 12 year old offering 'competition livery' at £30/week, and the ad was signed as being from her and her mum. So basically they wanted a pony on loan but with the owner paying for it...

Apparently there's one on the ERG tonight from a girl saying she's given her stabled horse(s) extra hay and water so she doesn't have to go to the yard tomorrow as she plans on going out and getting drunk tonight and doesn't want to drive tomorrow. Great that she is being responsible about drink driving, but perhaps she could consider not getting so drunk?!

Another thing that annoys me is 'does anybody have X for sale?' (insert rug weight and size/saddle make/accessory)... I always want to reply 'Yes! The local tack shop!'

RaposadeGengibre

Visit site
Roughly translated:
'Does anyone know who owns the pony/ponies near the QE (no idea what that is) in Fav (Faversham maybe?). Please can they be instructed to message me immediately. Please spread this message to your friends'. :p

QE is an abbreviation of Queen Elizabeth school in Faversham.

Somebody;s horses broke loose into school playground.

(almost fried my brains trying to read it...)

Moomin1

Visit site
One that sticks in my mind was a post from someone who wanted advice on which gadget to use to 'bring her horses head in' (sorry, actually that should have read as follows: cn sum1 recomend sumat 2 bring mi ponys head in). When suggested that maybe decent lessons would help rather than just using gadgets, it was met with a barrage of abuse saying she 'don't need lessons cos i no wot im doin i am expiriance n ad ponys all mi lyf so shut up u h8ter'.

dreambigpony

Visit site
That girl on page talking about the lesson she wants taking to...I know exactly what you are saying. She posts all the time and complains about people's comments!

Last edited:

glamourpuss

Visit site
That girl on page talking about the lesson she wants taking to...I know exactly what you are saying. She posts all the time and complains about people's comments!

I saw the post about the lesson too.... I'm a member of these groups but I try not to get involved.
Although recently there was recently an utterly baffling one. The gist was asking people to stop tagging & sharing her advert for a block of stables as they were no longer available as her circumstances had changed. She then went on to say that the buyer had been told & the deposit was non refundable.
Lots of people responded saying this was illegal, her response was 'you don't know me or my situation please don't comment'
Wow. Just wow.