Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I think thats his problem. Hes 14.1/2hh HW cob. People think he will be a plod and/or too small for them.I just pay my instructor to ride him now. Saves me the hassle of unreliable idiots :)

Leo Walker

Visit site
I have the same problem with my small pony. Something I would have jumped at as a kid - I find it most odd

I'm only about five miles from you, perhaps its geographical!!

Possibly. I only know of one horse with a sharer at my yard, and she pays a small fortune for something that wont hack out alone, so shes stuck in the school most of the time, so who knows!

exracehorse

Visit site
Facebook Essex horse riders had a post put up yesterday ' horse hasn't eaten or drunk water for two days and is laying down all the time, what should I do' I dared to say are you being serious, why haven't you called a vet? And then I was told I was being horrible as she only wanted some advice. Advice! The horse could have been dying with colic. Who leaves their horse like that for two days without calling a vet. Not a horse forum. And why do the responses say 'hun' a lot, hate hate that word

*Sahara

Visit site
Facebook Essex horse riders had a post put up yesterday ' horse hasn't eaten or drunk water for two days and is laying down all the time, what should I do' I dared to say are you being serious, why haven't you called a vet? And then I was told I was being horrible as she only wanted some advice. Advice! The horse could have been dying with colic. Who leaves their horse like that for two days without calling a vet. Not a horse forum. And why do the responses say 'hun' a lot, hate hate that word

how people like that get there hands on horses is beyond me...and yes the word hun, hate that word as much as chav speak :blue:

EQUIDAE

Visit site
I'm in the same boat too - 14h3 mare who I would love someone to have a bit of jumping fun with but cannot find anyone reliable. She's a cracking mare who will jump 1m10 and never stops - can I find anyone? Nope :(

Leo Walker

Visit site
I really wish I lived closer to you!

Not as much as me! :lol:

I'm in the same boat too - 14h3 mare who I would love someone to have a bit of jumping fun with but cannot find anyone reliable. She's a cracking mare who will jump 1m10 and never stops - can I find anyone? Nope :(

I dont get it! I dont get paid for shares anyway. But it seems some people find lovely reliable people who pay through the nose and no one else can find anyone!

glamourpuss

Visit site
I've given up advertising the 2 I've got for share.
Horse 1 - been there done it, ex-eventer 100% in every way. Got one woman who wanted shoes on him, but me to pay. This horse hasn't worn or needed shoes for over 3 years, but she claimed she had never ridden an unshod horse & didn't want to start now.

Horse 2 - another eventer. Not a novice ride but safe & not nasty. Completely fixed old injury means I would rather he stayed at the low levels of eventing. Absolute rosette machine SJ & dressage. Would suit a teenager who wants to have lots of fun. Can't even get anyone to look at him.

No costs, transport to shows, opportunity to train with an Olympic medalist, private yard, no limit on days.

Then I see an advert on FB for a sharer for an unridden 3 year old for £50 a month for 3 days a week & people seem to be falling over themselves to get that one.

I don't get it 😞

miss_c

Visit site
One on FB today saying they wanted to change to shavings but it would cost too much to set the bed up so could people kindly donate bales of shavings to them?!

Iwantakitten

Visit site
Saw a fab one a couple days ago on one of our local groups. Something along the lines of "wanted: safe and sensible type for novice rider, must hack alone and in company and work nicely in school, 8 years plus. Budget of £300"

Dizzle

Visit site
"Does anyone have any sedalin for sale"

Ummmm, yes, I keep a regular supply of prescription drugs to sell on the black market...

*Sahara

Visit site
Oh god, I just saw one on preloved, doggy related, and reads like this:

any big dog wanted

im looking for a nice big dog not to old and not a pup staffy rottie akita husky any think like that please must be free or very cheep as single parent with kids lol and on bennafits

...if you're a single parent with more than one kid and on benafits then maybe a big dog, like the one they are after, is defiantly not a good idea!! having to sit on my hands.

Polar Bear9

Visit site
I've given up advertising the 2 I've got for share.
Horse 1 - been there done it, ex-eventer 100% in every way. Got one woman who wanted shoes on him, but me to pay. This horse hasn't worn or needed shoes for over 3 years, but she claimed she had never ridden an unshod horse & didn't want to start now.

Horse 2 - another eventer. Not a novice ride but safe & not nasty. Completely fixed old injury means I would rather he stayed at the low levels of eventing. Absolute rosette machine SJ & dressage. Would suit a teenager who wants to have lots of fun. Can't even get anyone to look at him.

No costs, transport to shows, opportunity to train with an Olympic medalist, private yard, no limit on days.

Then I see an advert on FB for a sharer for an unridden 3 year old for £50 a month for 3 days a week & people seem to be falling over themselves to get that one.

I don't get it 😞

What the hell?! If you're anywhere near me (Hampshire), I'd jump at this!

Araboo27

Visit site
Here's a classic -

"I know this may be a long shot but does any one have a beginner/kid safe horse that I could ride for free? I been riding on and off for 15-16 yrs now. The reason I'm looking for a beginner/kid safe horse is bc I had an accident in August I got the ok from my dr to start riding again
So I'm looking for one that I could start back on slowly
I would like it to be a mare bc I have better luck with them just no mustangs or thoroughbred or green broke horses
Would like it to be under 15 hangs Bc I'm only 5ft4in-5ft5ins and I have a hard time getting on and must be able to carry around 175-180ib
Around/close to the springtown to area (no more then 45mins away)
*plz no negative comments* thank you''

There are no words 😳

puli

Visit site
The ones which want a paragon of virtue, 15-16hh 6-9 years old, jumps DC round foxhunter with a novice, but hacks alone and in company with a granny, can be handled on the ground by an unborn child. With the aforementioned Albion tack and Rambo rugs, delivered to the stable. Free or under £200. I really have to bite my tongue when I see these :p

Yep I seen a lot of them I own a horse that is basically the horse described above. 6 year old 15hh good to handle. Can be hacked out by a total novice and hacks alone and in company he will also go anywhere. He is great in the school and with a novice he plods in the school with an experienced rider he wakes up and works well. He can also jump 90cm and has been hunting and has done xc courses and hunter trails. He also loads and is great to clip and shoe and is great with the dentist but he cost me 2500 pounds no one in their right mind would sell a horse like him for free or under £200

EQUIDAE

Visit site
Yep I seen a lot of them I own a horse that is basically the horse described above. 6 year old 15hh good to handle. Can be hacked out by a total novice and hacks alone and in company he will also go anywhere. He is great in the school and with a novice he plods in the school with an experienced rider he wakes up and works well. He can also jump 90cm and has been hunting and has done xc courses and hunter trails. He also loads and is great to clip and shoe and is great with the dentist but he cost me 2500 pounds no one in their right mind would sell a horse like him for free or under £200

Someone offered me £4500 for my mare who is as described - she wasn't even for sale...

FfionWinnie

Visit site
"I'm looking for a 6ft3 Bucas power turnout must be in perfect condition with no rips or tears and NO SILLY PRICES!"

The last three words drive me completely mental!