Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

melbiswas

Visit site
I'm currently loving Facebook - we've caught our loaner out lying to us big time by looking at her Facebook public posts. Now we're taking back our pony when our plan had been to transfer ownership to her in September.

How satisfying! What was going on?

I have seen horses loaned to acquaintances and wished I knew the owners to give them more info on the homes! All pre FB days.

horselady

Visit site
Someone looking for an 11hand cob (?)that will be quiet enough for her daughter to rise who has just started riding but lost confidence at the riding school and none (!) of the ponies there are slow or quiet enough for her... oh and for £200.

Yes I'm sure that will work .

riding school plods not slow or quiet enough?!

horselady

Visit site
My thoughts too . Not to mention the girl had only started about a fortnight ago!

I've been riding ten years and only just got a horse in December! I have only ever known one riding school horse who was not a novice ride, a lusitano, gelded late who thought he was still a stallion.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I honestly can't find any cheaper, there are the webbing ones on ebay but at £62 are they reliable and comfy for the horse? How would you rate cheaper wed harnesses Leo, honestly interested :)

I've got one. I used it for long reining. Not sure I'd want to use one to drive in though! I got lucky and found a really old, original vanner harness on ebay for a couple of hundred quid. I've got another patent one I got off Preloved for £50 as its not got any traces. Cheap because it wasnt advertised properly, but I was close enough to go and look. Both if which I'm supposed to be selling as Im not supposed to be tack hoarding anymore :lol:

Saying all that, I havent really got a clue about driving and am starting lessons with my boy in a fortnight. But I do know enough about leather to know what I'm looking at and like I said the bargains are out there if you look for them :)

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Todays would be wanting someone to let them have transport cheaply as the professional transport companies are so expensive. Someone explained about professional carrier's insurance only to have a third poster roll their eyes that the question wasn't being answered and how annoying that was. Then the usual requests for used saddles - tried 100 saddles and they all run forwards or slip or perch, but they've got £100 to spend on this really tricky horse or pony. Horses are expensive. I could type that in response to so many posts.

southerncomfort

Visit site
For Sale ad - welsh mountain pony. Arthritic changes in the spine, can only be ridden by very experienced adults because of it's behaviour but would make a great broodmare (with arthritic spine?). £1400!!!

The words 'cloud', 'cuckoo' and 'land' come to mind.

Casey76

Visit site
I've been riding ten years and only just got a horse in December! I have only ever known one riding school horse who was not a novice ride, a lusitano, gelded late who thought he was still a stallion.

Ha! My old riding school only had a couple of horse suitable for beginners, the others were rather quirky to say the least! A couple were probably down right dangerous if you weren't really experienced.

miss_c

Visit site
For Sale ad - welsh mountain pony. Arthritic changes in the spine, can only be ridden by very experienced adults because of it's behaviour but would make a great broodmare (with arthritic spine?). £1400!!!

The words 'cloud', 'cuckoo' and 'land' come to mind.

Having just had a horse pts due to arthiritis in the spine that makes me very sad for the poor pony. :(

*Sahara

Visit site
I've got one. I used it for long reining. Not sure I'd want to use one to drive in though! I got lucky and found a really old, original vanner harness on ebay for a couple of hundred quid. I've got another patent one I got off Preloved for £50 as its not got any traces. Cheap because it wasnt advertised properly, but I was close enough to go and look. Both if which I'm supposed to be selling as Im not supposed to be tack hoarding anymore :lol:

Saying all that, I havent really got a clue about driving and am starting lessons with my boy in a fortnight. But I do know enough about leather to know what I'm looking at and like I said the bargains are out there if you look for them :)

Thanks for the info :) I've got plenty of time, a friend has got me thinking that driving might be brilliant for me to try when my yearling is old enough-if he's willing to pull :lol: but hovering over ebay and preloved there are no real bargains floating around atm.

Leo Walker

Visit site
You have to get good at trawling the ads. I got my new harness a couple of weeks ago from ebay. Badly advertised and rubbish pics but I could see it was good quality from the way its made so I took a punt and it paid off. I think it helps that I'm not very well a lot of the time so spend a lot of time on the internet so have all the time in the world for sifting through :)

*Sahara

Visit site
You have to get good at trawling the ads. I got my new harness a couple of weeks ago from ebay. Badly advertised and rubbish pics but I could see it was good quality from the way its made so I took a punt and it paid off. I think it helps that I'm not very well a lot of the time so spend a lot of time on the internet so have all the time in the world for sifting through :)

:D I'll have to have a good sift at night before bed and hopefully something will pop up! Thanks Leo :)

LadyK

Visit site
"Hi everyone, I want to hire a 3.5T box but keep getting quoted extortionate prices.
I only want to hire something for a couple of hours just to get my 14.3 Welsh D out and about (he's a good loader and traveler).
Does anyone know of any cheaper companies?!
Thank you"

Well if you are being quoted similar prices would you not assume that is the going rate...

horselady

Visit site
"I can't find a spayed mare anywhere! Do you think it will be safe to keep an unspayed one with my stallion if she has a tail flap on her rug?"
The mind really does boggle.

Last edited:

lar

Visit site
My local site has had a couple of gems recently.

First there was the two year old cob who was really good on the horse walker and with a saddle and bridle on - ad accompanied by pic of very large teen sitting on him.

Followed a couple of days later by an ad from someone else looking for a sharer 3 days a week (contribution required). You can't actually RIDE the beast but you can do all the jobs and groom it. I was so tempted to reply saying I think what you are actually looking for is full livery....

Batgirl

Visit site
An advert with a picture of 4 different horses and their heights - ring for details - no location, gender, age. *forehead slap

Wouldn't respond to posts asking for the details with anything other than 'ring for details'. *sigh

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
An advert with a picture of 4 different horses and their heights - ring for details - no location, gender, age. *forehead slap

Wouldn't respond to posts asking for the details with anything other than 'ring for details'. *sigh

Dealer trick. Anything to get you on the phone/premises so they can sell you what they have. That's why the range of heights and no ages, 'something for everyone'. The horses in the pictures were probably sold last year!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Dealer trick. Anything to get you on the phone/premises so they can sell you what they have. That's why the range of heights and no ages, 'something for everyone'. The horses in the pictures were probably sold last year!

And there's no advert you can beat them with later .

Vodkagirly

Visit site
**STAY ON PRESENT YARD PROJECT TO BREAK IN AND TO LEAD INTO PART LOAN**
FREE

Bramble is 11.1hh and still bum high. He is a welsh X shetland, bramble is 3 and a half years old coming up 4 in may. He lives in and out as he's going out in the field soon and comes in for the winter. I have brought him up since he was born. He is unbroken and i am wanting an experience adult to come and help me to break him in. I havent had the time to bring him on as i dont want to waste him and needs all the attention he can get. Bramble is a sweet, lovely natured pony when you get to know him and when he gets to know you. He catches perfectly, picks up all 4 feet for farrier, he is halter broken and has had a bit in his mouth before and took it nicely but wasnt for long. He is good to walk when you have full control over him as he is strong and will trick people. He is strong while walking on roads and will get excited but will calm down eventually. But he hasnt got a bad bone in his body, he is good with dogs etc but does spook now and then. He does bronk etc when he knows when to come in and while in the paddock but wont purposely kick you. Bramble is full of energy and he should calm down and be more relaxed when he starts to get exercised. He will make a good pony when he gets sorted.

**Haven't got the time as I'm starting a new job soon and college at same time as I don't want to sell him**

More information inbox me and will agree on things.
*** OVER 18'S ONLY WITH LOADS OF EXPERIENCE***

(Part loan - 2/3 days £15 a week)

Really???