Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Durhamchance

Visit site
It wasn't horse related, but there was a post on one of my local area Facebook groups this morning that took all of my willpower to scroll past without comment

"Home needed for 2 year old house cat (cannot go out) for a few weeks while I move house"

Someone I assume was a friend asked if she wasn't worried someone might keep him to which she replied "not if they value their life"

I'm sure people are falling over themselves to help this wonderful sounding, kind hearted young lady. Suggestions that she put the cat in a cattery instead of palming it off on some stranger for free were ignored.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I do see those re. cats and moving quite a lot!

Not as ridiculous as some but posted at 20.10 on a friday evening, want an appointment to have finished by 12pm tomorrow...

'Heya.... any saddle fitters available tomorrow morning to unflock a solid saddle and reflock to fit please? Travelling out at noon with another horse for a few days so this lovely lad needs sorting for his sharer to use over the weekend as he is uncomfortable after his recent adjustment . I don't need recommendations but a saddle person to make an appointment. Thanks so much xx'

LHIS

Visit site
I've seen a belter this morning and had to share. What first caught my eye was the epically awful spelling, grammar and general command of the English language. But the best bit is that the advert was a swap request. The poster wants to swop a 20yr Welsh cob gelding, who is bolshy and stubborn, and doesn't load, for a bombproof first ridden cob. No money involved, just a straight swap.

holeymoley

Visit site
The ones with people selling 'bespoke' tack made by a quality saddler and usually use some poor company's name to try and sell some horrible saddle made from across the seas which really isn't worth the small change in your pocket. Seen one today and it was in a 'tan' colour , looked orange to me and just nasty . Seller said t didn't fit her horse , no surprise there, and she wanted £xxx for it. I can't remember exactly but it was in the hundreds :eek:

Embo

Visit site
Not really cheeky or ridiculous but saw this today which made me feel a bit sad for the pony:

"Haflinger gelding 20 year old passported and microchipped 14 2 hh not for novice as he has started to get nasty to other horses in field if a mare is in there ok with geldings can be ridden but at riders own risk as he does rodeo when asked to canter as you can see in photo's good to box shoe etc looking for forever home for him pm for more details."

Someone posted asking for videos of the horse ridden:

"no videos of him being ridden he just likes to know the strength of his rider we love him to piece. My mum and I want nothing but the best home for him as he just sits in the field doing nothing".

Gypley

Visit site
Not really cheeky or ridiculous but saw this today which made me feel a bit sad for the pony:

"Haflinger gelding 20 year old passported and microchipped 14 2 hh not for novice as he has started to get nasty to other horses in field if a mare is in there ok with geldings can be ridden but at riders own risk as he does rodeo when asked to canter as you can see in photo's good to box shoe etc looking for forever home for him pm for more details."

"no videos of him being ridden he just likes to know the strength of his rider we love him to piece. My mum and I want nothing but the best home for him as he just sits in the field doing nothing".

I saw this too. Poor guy :(

Laika

Visit site

Me thinks if a horse is reacting that way, it deserves investigation. You can't just decide to get rid when problems arise. Good grief.

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Some entertaining ones this week, someone is going matchy so lots of, "is anyone selling red stirrups, no more than £3" "wanted red fly Vale no more than £2

SpringArising

Visit site
Saw this on Preloved just now:

"I have my mare up for sale, her sire is Garuda K and her dam is Fonaby, she is an 8 year old trakehner will be turning 9 in july. she is 16.2hh, Glam is a very green horse and needs to be kept in a routine, she is better off living out in a herd 24/7 rather than being stabled. she is a very quirky horse and needs a confident rider because of this. She has competed in dressage, show jumping and cross country with dressage being her stong suit and cross country her least she will need more xc schooling although i have done one hunter trial with her.she is not a family pony and she can be a cow. she is also not suited for hunting or fun rides, as the last fun ride i took her on she did rodeo alot (this was the only time she has been like this with me) she does also rear buck and bronk but she hardly ever does it in the school its mostly out hacking she is also not good to hack but she is much better hacking alone. if you want to know anything else just give me a message"

2000!!! Must be having a laugh.

SpringArising

Visit site
Oh and this one:

"Are you looking for a challenge?.. looking for something to bring on and be a project?.. then Tam is your man!!"

Just a cool £140 a month for the honour!

Roxylola

Visit site
I have seen one on facebook recently that makes me a bit sad, horse who seems a great all rounder, he is for sale on behalf of a client for a fairly substantial amount but he seems a really straight forward sort. He was bought for current owner to get her confidence back on which apparently she has and has decided she is "ready for the next step". To me this reads like she is blaming the horse for a lack of ribbons and now thinks she "needs" a flashy warmblood to go out and win at novice/elementary :(

Amye

Visit site
I have seen one on facebook recently that makes me a bit sad, horse who seems a great all rounder, he is for sale on behalf of a client for a fairly substantial amount but he seems a really straight forward sort. He was bought for current owner to get her confidence back on which apparently she has and has decided she is "ready for the next step". To me this reads like she is blaming the horse for a lack of ribbons and now thinks she "needs" a flashy warmblood to go out and win at novice/elementary :(

I've seen this one! The advert makes it sound like the horse is really good... So I don't really understand the selling - it doesn't sound like a kick-along can't do much type - so why can't they take the next step with this horse? hmmm

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site

Or it reads that she is now wanting to go out and have a bit more fun on something with a bit more whizz. Not everyone enjoys a plod around the countryside 24/7, or a horse you have to gee up to get round a course/XC/hunting. I would be more pleased that the horse isn't being pushed to do things when s/he might prefer a slower more steady pace of life, where they aren't asked too much of.

Perhaps the rider may have been really good before, has a bad fall, has been really successful with getting their confidence back and now would like to have a project..

If you don't at least try to read things 'glass half full' life can be incredibly depressing, at least in the equestrian selling world! :D

SpringArising

Visit site

She bought the horse for a job, it did the job well, and now she's ready to move on. You're looking into this one way too much! The horse doesn't care.

honetpot

Visit site

I used to loan my old ponies out, one of which would look after any body and make an body feel as they could ride. These have a job and once that is done, about 18-24 mths they want something with a bit more go. My solution was loaning, but often these animals are expensive and why should not someone else have the joy?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I have seen one on facebook recently that makes me a bit sad, horse who seems a great all rounder, he is for sale on behalf of a client for a fairly substantial amount but he seems a really straight forward sort. He was bought for current owner to get her confidence back on which apparently she has and has decided she is "ready for the next step". To me this reads like she is blaming the horse for a lack of ribbons and now thinks she "needs" a flashy warmblood to go out and win at novice/elementary

What is wrong with that?

Is it not better for the horse to be sold to someone who thinks he is the bee's knees than to live out his life with someone who wishes she had a go-faster model?

If no horse was ever sold there would be no horses for us all to buy! This horse is going to make someone else really happy.

scats

Visit site

Sometimes people do simply 'outgrow' a horse in terms of ability. Sounds like a cracking animal that has done its job well and is now going to move on to helping someone else with their confidence. Provided they find a suitable home, and obviously with substantial price, that's the plan, I don't see anything wrong with this at all.

MouseInLux

Visit site
Sometimes people do simply 'outgrow' a horse in terms of ability. Sounds like a cracking animal that has done its job well and is now going to move on to helping someone else with their confidence. Provided they find a suitable home, and obviously with substantial price, that's the plan, I don't see anything wrong with this at all.
This is me at the moment. My pony was bough to get back into riding. He's great for lower level. We've placed at every show but I'm ready to move up and he can't do it with me. My daughter rides him at the moment but at 148cm he's a bit big for my not quite 6 year old. I would love for him to go to someone else to help them.

Roxylola

Visit site
Hmm perhaps I am reading too much in to it, he looks a cracking sort has done everything in a snaffle including hunting and some BE. He is only about 8 and a good size, to me he has potential for so much more than he has done so far. I don't know but to me unless the jockey has suddenly decided she is going psg next week or wants a much higher level eventer he strikes me as more than capable, and if the jockey is capable of doing that much more why has she been piddling about at novice with him.

But yes at least he stands a chance of a good home.

SpringArising

Visit site
Hmm perhaps I am reading too much in to it, he looks a cracking sort has done everything in a snaffle including hunting and some BE. He is only about 8 and a good size, to me he has potential for so much more than he has done so far. I don't know but to me unless the jockey has suddenly decided she is going psg next week or wants a much higher level eventer he strikes me as more than capable, and if the jockey is capable of doing that much more why has she been piddling about at novice with him.

But yes at least he stands a chance of a good home.

You've only seen the advert, not the horse though. Might be lazy as anything or a really careless jumper a lot of the time. You don't know the horse or rider so can't really judge them.

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Just seen a post for a gofundme page asking for people to donate to their talented friend's new horse search! Admin soon turned the commenting off for that after one comment! Have to say, I agree with the comment about horse care and money being needed for that!

Made me smile! ;)

Visit site
I saw a freisian for share, 3 days a week, and £300 per month. Needless to say it is still available. Nice horse but - seriously?! is it me or is that just a tad steep?
In fairness, £50 was going to the owner, and £250 to the charity the horse was listed with (horses4homes) as a 'compulsory donation'.
:S