Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Murphy1

Visit site
Just seen a 5 year old cob for full loan, to stay on current yard. Needs bringing back into work. Can buck, not suitable for a novice, is spooky and quite strong. Will suit a confident person who will put all the time and effort in, and it'll become a good riding horse. Loaner will pay all stable fees, farrier, vet etc and horse is stabled, loaner must muck out everyday in winter.

Pretty sure this person just wants someone to bring on their difficult horse, do all the work and pay for everything too (including vet bills!) It's very temping to comment 'good luck' but I don't think that'll be appreciated!

southerncomfort

Visit site
Wonder where these poor old horses will end up:

I have to old horses which I no longer have time for I'm looking for them to go to a loving home as companions. Neither are ridden anymore, one is a gelding who is 22yrs and the other a mare 26yrs. Please contact me for more information. Need to rehome ASAP

wingedhorse

Visit site
To be fair a short-term loan of a nice RC type would work for a lot of people. Maybe she doesn't want to turn him away or pay $$ for schooling.

If horse was older and sensible but the type that needed to stay mobile and in work and muscled (many older horses do), and if paying someone to do all jobs and exercise difficult when also not driving with broken leg, I can see why might offer short term option to take on costs and riding. Might work for right person.

wingedhorse

Visit site

I have to old horses which I no longer have time for I'm looking for them to go to a loving home as companions. Neither are ridden anymore, one is a gelding who is 22yrs and the other a mare 26yrs. Please contact me for more information. Need to rehome ASAP

Owners should put to sleep if cannot look after themselves or find a good companion home (like rocking horse droppings) via word of mouth, or through friends of friends.

wingedhorse

Visit site

I love my 19 year old 17hh high maintenance horse but he costs me far more than the younger horse, and needs more care. I love him, and will gladly take care of him, I have owned him 8 years. But why would I or anyone take on someone's older horse? These horses deserve better in their old age.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Just seen an ad for a 10k+ eventer. For sale as a show-jumper because he (the horse) 'has decided he doesn't like eventing anymore'. Several people are asking for his BE name to be told 'but I'm not selling him as an Eventer' ?????:confused:

Annagain

Visit site
I saw one a few days ago when forum was playing up and I couldn't post it. Now I can post again, I can't find it. Basic premise was someone trying to loan out a 5 year old unbroken, stunning* Sec D, for someone to break in free of charge at which point owner would no doubt demand it back. First line of advert was "D******ds need not apply."

*very averagely put together

Damn I was so going to take you up on your oh so kind offer, but I'm a d******d so I'll politely back away.

Auslander

Visit site
Just seen an ad for a 10k+ eventer. For sale as a show-jumper because he (the horse) 'has decided he doesn't like eventing anymore'. Several people are asking for his BE name to be told 'but I'm not selling him as an Eventer' ?????:confused:

I saw that, and it didn't strike me as a dodgy ad - I thought she was pretty straight about him. It looks like a well schooled horse with the beginning of the advanced movements installed, and a decent jump on it. She's been honest that it's jacked it in eventing, but that's no reason for it to not be worth decent money as a dressage horse/showjumper, which is what she's selling it as.

Auslander

Visit site
The ad was fine - refusing to give the BE name is weird! Even if you want a show-jumper then you want to see his record surely?

I got the impression that it was more because she was adamant that she won't sell him as an event horse. She offered to point someone in the direction of his BS record, so I don't think she's being unreasonable.
It's pretty easy to work out who he is, and see his BE record - I can see why she's not particularly keen to point people in that direction!

frankster

Visit site
Just today..... if you don't sell your saddle I'd be grateful of it for my rescues as we cannot afford feed and tack .... ummmm selling a 3 months old Albion dressage saddle. Scamtastic or what..

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Just today..... if you don't sell your saddle I'd be grateful of it for my rescues as we cannot afford feed and tack .... ummmm selling a 3 months old Albion dressage saddle. Scamtastic or what..

Argh, they want one saddle for free to their rescues (plural), as they can't afford feed and tack. Who falls for such stuff? Presumably enough people for them to continue.

timbobs

Visit site
"Suzy **** and me are looking for 2 horses to take out on a Hak this weekend on Sunday, somewhere in Surrey, near to London ideally, willing to pay £30 each."

Umm... How about no?!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Unbelievable cheek/optimism of what must be a youngster on my local page:

Age 5-12
13.3-15.1hh
No full cobs or tbs
Must be good to handle
Broken in (just backed or green)
Small budget
£450 and under
Would be great if can deliver
London

Doesn’t want much, does she, delivery would be great!! :D

exracehorse

Visit site
Unbelievable cheek/optimism of what must be a youngster on my local page:

Age 5-12
13.3-15.1hh
No full cobs or tbs
Must be good to handle
Broken in (just backed or green)
Small budget
£450 and under
Would be great if can deliver
London

Doesn’t want much, does she, delivery would be great!! :D

Lol just saw that advert too. I guess they’d like tack thrown in too.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Yesterday seemed to be a day for children wanting sponsorship as they are out jumping 50-60cm classes and they are going to do some sponsored rides and XC schooling next year..
I think school hols started ;).

Peter7917

Visit site
one yesterday

'wanted, a horse to do my gcse horse riding on. want to ride three times a week, no cobs, must be able to jump big, can pay £50 a month'

when enquiring how big shes looking to jump......'over four foot'

good luck with that.

View

Visit site
Yesterday seemed to be a day for children wanting sponsorship as they are out jumping 50-60cm classes and they are going to do some sponsored rides and XC schooling next year..
I think school hols started ;).

Yes, I saw them as well. And shook my head - I would never have had the nerve to do that (still wouldn't, come to think of it).

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Yes, I saw them as well. And shook my head - I would never have had the nerve to do that (still wouldn't, come to think of it).

I wrote to my dad's place of work to ask for sponsorship back in the 80s :D if I'd have had social media, I'd have been well up for it @notbackwardsincomingforwards (on a mac, can't find hash key :p)

cobsarefab

Visit site
one yesterday

'wanted, a horse to do my gcse horse riding on. want to ride three times a week, no cobs, must be able to jump big, can pay £50 a month'

good luck with that.

Round here you pay that much for half hour on a horse that can jump that big!

exracehorse

Visit site
On chit chat and tack. Hiya, have anyone got a horse box that I could use for the showing season if you don’t use it? And drop it back after the day has finished? Thanks ...........

Ceifer

Visit site
one yesterday

good luck with that.

Agreed that’s a cheeky post. However I think GCSE riding for PE is a bit ludicrous and unfair on teenagers that don’t have their own horse or compete. I taught a girl at riding school years ago who needed to get the top grade. Not sure if they’ve changed the syllabus now but the top tier was quite challenging. She borrowed my horse in the end and worked really hard. It’s great for those who’ve done PC or compete regularly but for the average rider it’s tough.

maisie06

Visit site
Local facebook selling page - a girl is advertising saddles and rugs for sale, nothing odd about that...BUT she's been putting posts on other facebook sites looking for saddles etc for "rescue ponies" and putting whatever donations up for sale....only it gets worse as people who have bought the goods via paypal have not recieved anything....a right shitstorm has erupted....

exracehorse

Visit site
Local facebook selling page - a girl is advertising saddles and rugs for sale, nothing odd about that...BUT she's been putting posts on other facebook sites looking for saddles etc for "rescue ponies" and putting whatever donations up for sale....only it gets worse as people who have bought the goods via paypal have not recieved anything....a right shitstorm has erupted....

Which site ? Being nosy