Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I think it's been caught now. Always worried me riding on the beach where the horse might end up if we parted company and there's a hell of a lot of beach at Formby.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
looking for a experiened and competent rider to come ride our 15hh Connemara on a regular basis must be aged between late teens to 40 years old and weigh no more than 11 stone

*whispers, what happens when you hit 41? is it something I should know about? :eek3:

holeymoley

Visit site
Not me but I seen this advert-

‘Looking for a SINGLE trailer.. blah blah...

Response -
‘I have a double 505....

🤨

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
That happens all the time with stuff, people with very specific requirements! Essentially they are just presuming other people are reading the thread.

Annagain

Visit site
Not ridiculous as such, just heartbreaking. This poor horse sounds like he is screaming that something's wrong and nobody is listening to him (names edited out by me). At least this owner is honest about him and seems to want to find him the right home, probsbly after being duped into buying him herself.

EXPERIENCED RIDER ONLY/COMPANION
**** is a 22 year old bright bay warmblood standing 16’1, don’t be out off my his age as this horse has plenty more time under his belt. **** is not a novice ride and I can’t express this enough, **** will require an experienced knowledgable rider as he didn’t have the best of pasts and since having **** and speaking to old owners it’s been brought to light that **** was passed from pillar to post through the years and suffered some trauma with a past owner, so it’s paramount that he has a forever home. **** had been out of ridden work for 9 months but just recently has been restarted, **** is very good with voice commands and has been lunged with and without tack on and has had a rider back him/walk and trot him, **** is strong willed and knows how to test his rider, in the past he has known to rear but we have experienced none of this since bringing him back into work, **** is very forward going and your typical prancy pretty gelding but he gets very distressed leaving the ménage gate and will try napping or running backwards to get back to the exit, and will threaten to get the rider off, having said this there are some good parts of **** back when he was in continuous work, **** had attended beach rides with an old owner and hacked regular but was known to enjoy company rather than being alone, **** was trained to showjump with BSJA even though we found no records of him, he has beautiful scope and is still clearing 3ft blocks with plenty of scope, **** previous owners said he would be perfect for anyone who would enjoy the show ring but would require a strong rider due to him being fizzy and strong. **** was trained with natural horsemanship/parelli on the ground, **** is a gentle giant loves nothing more than a brush and to be fussed with, **** is currently barefoot and picks up all hooves without a fuss. **** would also do well as a companion as he loves being out with his herd. **** will be coming with his whole collection of rugs/headcollars. I will he coming to view any homes and be requiring references so that I know he is going to a suitable home and not ending up in the wrong hands again, reason for selling as I don’t have the experience to bring him on myself and lack of rider to continue his education. Can provide any videos or extra information needed or required. Price asking for is £400 to ensure good home. Based *********

DirectorFury

Visit site
Not ridiculous as such, just heartbreaking. This poor horse sounds like he is screaming that something's wrong and nobody is listening to him (names edited out by me). At least this owner is honest about him and seems to want to find him the right home, probsbly after being duped into buying him herself.
[...]

Christ, with a price like that he's probably going to end up with an idiot or a dodgy dealer :(.

deb_l222

Visit site

EXPERIENCED RIDER ONLY/COMPANION
**** is a 22 year old bright bay warmblood standing 16’1, don’t be out off my his age as this horse has plenty more time under his belt. **** is not a novice ride and I can’t express this enough, **** will require an experienced knowledgable rider as he didn’t have the best of pasts and since having **** and speaking to old owners it’s been brought to light that **** was passed from pillar to post through the years and suffered some trauma with a past owner, so it’s paramount that he has a forever home. **** had been out of ridden work for 9 months but just recently has been restarted, **** is very good with voice commands and has been lunged with and without tack on and has had a rider back him/walk and trot him, **** is strong willed and knows how to test his rider, in the past he has known to rear but we have experienced none of this since bringing him back into work, **** is very forward going and your typical prancy pretty gelding but he gets very distressed leaving the ménage gate and will try napping or running backwards to get back to the exit, and will threaten to get the rider off, having said this there are some good parts of **** back when he was in continuous work, **** had attended beach rides with an old owner and hacked regular but was known to enjoy company rather than being alone, **** was trained to showjump with BSJA even though we found no records of him, he has beautiful scope and is still clearing 3ft blocks with plenty of scope, **** previous owners said he would be perfect for anyone who would enjoy the show ring but would require a strong rider due to him being fizzy and strong. **** was trained with natural horsemanship/parelli on the ground, **** is a gentle giant loves nothing more than a brush and to be fussed with, **** is currently barefoot and picks up all hooves without a fuss. **** would also do well as a companion as he loves being out with his herd. **** will be coming with his whole collection of rugs/headcollars. I will he coming to view any homes and be requiring references so that I know he is going to a suitable home and not ending up in the wrong hands again, reason for selling as I don’t have the experience to bring him on myself and lack of rider to continue his education. Can provide any videos or extra information needed or required. Price asking for is £400 to ensure good home. Based *********

You see, if I had my retirement livery, this is the sort of horse I would look for and he would happily be allowed to live out the rest of his days in blissful retirement (in a massive herd) without ever having to fret about anyone getting on his back again. Such is life, I'm not rich enough to have such an establishment :(

Nepenthe

Visit site
Today's ridiculous post is a woman teaching her horse how to strike out with a front leg. I suspect she's trying to teach it to stand with a hoof on a step but it's hard to tell. Having had experience of a few horses taught to do things with their front legs (such as begging for treats), the risk of being kneecapped is real.

Don't teach your horse dangerous tricks, people.

Last edited:

HiPo'sHuman

Visit site
Today's ridiculous post is a woman teaching her horse how to strike out with a front leg. I suspect she's trying to teach it to stand with a hoof on a step but it's hard to tell. Having had experience of a few horses taught to do things with their front legs (such as begging for treats), the risk of being kneecapped is real.

Don't teach your horse dangerous tricks, people.

Is this the one on the Highland Pony Group?

Visit site
On a racehorse rehoming post for one straight out of training- would he be suitable for a novice just starting out?

No. No he would not. Yes he may be a truly amazing horse but he has still spent 7 years as a racehorse first!

Visit site
"Help please vets! 5 month old foal has started losing weight. She was weaned last month and the mare sold. She is eating great on feed and unlimited hay and grass. I haven’t wormed her yet. What’s the best thing to worm with? Anything I can give her to fatten her up? All the other horses in the pasture are fine."

:eek3: poor baby!!

JulesRules

Visit site
Just seen a wanted

Want a 15hh- 15.2 cob to hack alone and in company and good to school. Suitable for a novice teenager coming off riding school horses. Budget £850.

I was very polite and suggested they may need to review their Budget!

Denbob

Visit site
*WANTED*

16hh plus schoolmaster/mistress type, must be able to be ridden by a novice and step it up for a more advanced rider

Budget £1500

rallan15

Visit site
Looking for someone to help look after my horse: on a Saturday (with potential for other days according to my work rota or holidays). No contribution required but you must be calm, confident and knowledgeable. He is a gentle boy, standing at 16.3hh and although not a ‘plod’ he is fairly sensible and good in traffic. I would like someone who could help turn him out/bring him in and help with mucking out that day. His field is only a few minutes from his stable and his hay and bedding etc are in the stable block. You would need transport as the yard is not on a bus route. If you are interested in helping with this special boy, please contact me for further details.

I know there are people out there that want to groom and just spend time with the horse instead of ride but you would expect to be paid for this considering you're literally doing all the work.

JulesRules

Visit site
Looking for someone to help look after my horse: on a Saturday (with potential for other days according to my work rota or holidays). No contribution required but you must be calm, confident and knowledgeable. He is a gentle boy, standing at 16.3hh and although not a ‘plod’ he is fairly sensible and good in traffic. I would like someone who could help turn him out/bring him in and help with mucking out that day. His field is only a few minutes from his stable and his hay and bedding etc are in the stable block. You would need transport as the yard is not on a bus route. If you are interested in helping with this special boy, please contact me for further details.

I know there are people out there that want to groom and just spend time with the horse instead of ride but you would expect to be paid for this considering you're literally doing all the work.

Sounds to me like they are offering riding otherwise why mention he is good in traffic? Just a fairly normal share arrangement. In fact, one not requiring a financial contribution. Sounds a nice option for someone to me.

rallan15

Visit site
Sounds to me like they are offering riding otherwise why mention he is good in traffic? Just a fairly normal share arrangement. In fact, one not requiring a financial contribution. Sounds a nice option for someone to me.

Goes on to say he’s got an old hip injury so only short walks down the road.