Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

WaterySun852

Visit site
Not from FB (I'm not on it)

£1000 for a "field companion" TB, who is retired at 5 with various musculo-skeletal problems, is food aggressive, "a little angry" when rugged, sensitive to groom, never been clipped, bites at times, and to seal the deal "He is a dominant horse and has I have never put him in a field with another horse so will have to be slowly entroduced to field mate" (sic). So not really a field companion at the moment, then. Offered by someone who's got an "unbreakable bond" with him. ? ...and he's one of the "better behaved" horses on the yard ?

https://www.horsemart.co.uk/field-c...experienced-home-only-/Horses-for-Loan/638470
??? have they accidentally put an extra zero on the price tag ?

Hollychops

Visit site
Just seen on FB:

Hi, not sure if this is a thing but looking for a freelance rider that maybe has their own lorry that could take my youngster out and about to get used to travelling and also new arenas??!

I could understand, ‘Anyone happy to let me tag along, I will pay my way/horse is good loader etc’ but not ‘Someone take my horse to places for me’. Or is it just me that sees it that way?

Pippity

Visit site
Just seen on FB:

Hi, not sure if this is a thing but looking for a freelance rider that maybe has their own lorry that could take my youngster out and about to get used to travelling and also new arenas??!

I could understand, ‘Anyone happy to let me tag along, I will pay my way/horse is good loader etc’ but not ‘Someone take my horse to places for me’. Or is it just me that sees it that way?

They say they're looking for a freelance rider, not a sharer/loaner, so it sounds like they want to pay someone to introduce their horse to new experiences? Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
One on FB today to serve as a warning

Person has recently bought a pony which vet now says only suitable for companion.
Trying to get money back but don't have sellers details so are offering it for loan.
Commenters are saying use her for breeding.

EventingMum

Visit site
On Facebook today accompanied by a very fuzzy photo in which she certainly looked like an old lady. It annoys me that someone states she should be retired but is not ensuring her future and no doubt making some money at the same time. I agree with those who say not to advertise for free but this doesn't sit well with me.

"No nasty comments please..I'm just trying to find her a kind
1f3e1.png
with someone who wants to hack a bit on a safe horse. She's 25yo and 15.2h in excellent condition and very very quiet. A 7yo girl rode her last summer holidays. In an ideal world she would be retired where she has been all her life but I am hoping someone here can offer her a loving future. We all know with better diets, veterinary care and dental care, older horses can have a good quality of life for many years.
She is registered Irish Draught and has a fantastic pedigree.
No stable vices and just a sweetheart.
Based in Ireland with transport available
1 1
1f955.png
1f955.png
"

silv

Visit site
On Facebook today accompanied by a very fuzzy photo in which she certainly looked like an old lady. It annoys me that someone states she should be retired but is not ensuring her future and no doubt making some money at the same time. I agree with those who say not to advertise for free but this doesn't sit well with me.

1f3e1.png
with someone who wants to hack a bit on a safe horse. She's 25yo and 15.2h in excellent condition and very very quiet. A 7yo girl rode her last summer holidays. In an ideal world she would be retired where she has been all her life but I am hoping someone here can offer her a loving future. We all know with better diets, veterinary care and dental care, older horses can have a good quality of life for many years.
1 1
1f955.png
1f955.png
"

I know, I hate to see this also. I always feel like replying, "if you cannot be arsed to give your horse the retirement she deserves why do you think anyone else will"

Ceifer

Visit site
There’s a strangely worded ad on a local Facebook horse group that is repeatedly put up by a woman wanting a retired horse/companion but the ad starts off by her saying she’s not a scammer, people have bullied her, been mean to her, she doesn’t want sympathy she just wants a retired horse that’s not a rescue and to help people.
Nobody appears to ever reply on any of these adverts so unless people are privately messaging her abuse it all
Just come across as a bit weird.

AntiPuck

Visit site
There’s a strangely worded ad on a local Facebook horse group that is repeatedly put up by a woman wanting a retired horse/companion but the ad starts off by her saying she’s not a scammer, people have bullied her, been mean to her, she doesn’t want sympathy she just wants a retired horse that’s not a rescue and to help people.
Nobody appears to ever reply on any of these adverts so unless people are privately messaging her abuse it all

I think I have seen the very same person doing this, multiple times!

Tell me you're missing a few screws without telling me that you're missing a few screws... ?

Very, very strange.

abbijay

Visit site
You are obviously in my neck of the woods as I see this regularly too.
It's the "don't be mean to me about this" that I don't understand and "Looking for the impossible [insert a million dramatic emojis]
Also, we have no FB friends in common despite her running a local doggy day care business and having horses. I would have expected at least one mutual.
I'm now wondering if she actually is local or not... Or just a lonely soul posting in groups.
I actual have a retired horse who lives out year round. I might enquire about the prospect of moving him...

teddypops

Visit site
She has posted multiple ads on every single horse Facebook group but each one is different but when people question her she is rude and blocks them.

My_old_warmblood

Visit site
I’ll give them the non smoker bit, I hate the smell and wouldn’t want anyone who smelt even vaguely of it near my horses / tack / yard because it lingers.

Kids is a bit of an odd one, I guess they think people without are more reliable?
Nope- I wouldn’t want children involved in a share with my horse. If they got hurt it could be pinned on me

My_old_warmblood

Visit site
Can you copy and paste it/ screen shot for us? Sounds familiar but can’t place it

abbijay

Visit site
That’s the person but a slightly different advert. I can’t find the ad I saw earlier. If I find it I’ll put it on.
She's posted a few over the last 6-9 months. She also posted asking for someone to lend her a box/trailer to collect a horse but didn't exactly thank us for suggesting local hire firms.

bouncing_ball

Visit site

1f3e1.png
1 1
1f955.png
1f955.png
"

this reads as the poster really doesn’t want to do it but is being made / circumstances dictate. Might be not their horse / loss of land Etc.

[153312]

Visit site
this reads as the poster really doesn’t want to do it but is being made / circumstances dictate. Might be not their horse / loss of land Etc.

I wish I had the money for that ID mare. I would love her for in-walk hacks and loooooong grooming sessions and just a lot of love and care in her dotage. Can't though, especially as my delightful little shit of an appaloosa gave us another lovely vets bill on sunday. :rolleyes: