Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Ambers Echo

And give it back better schooled and ready for summer fun. TBH if the ad was honest and said ‘I am finding it hard to get the time to ride over winter and would appreciate some help with bringing my green horse on, and also with some yard jobs’ they’d probably find someone really keen (I’d enjoy the project if the horse was nice and genuine).
I agree its the wording that is cheeky! I did take on a horse on loan once as a rising 4 yo just to get him sellable. He had been backed and was safe under saddle biut a nightmare on the ground. He was aggressive in the field, hard to catch, territorial in the stable. I was really interested in learning more about groundwork and handling - teaching horses to be mannerly. So he was fab for me to practice on for free plus fun to ride. Plus this was years ago and I could not afford a horse of my own. After a few months he was sold as a much nicer horse. Win win.

But I agree the OP is chancing her arm really!

Annagain

I recently tagged a friend who is looking for a horse in an advert that said "needs careful management but is 100%" (didn't say 100% what). When she enquired it turned out she was a chronic windsucker, required daily medication to prevent colic, had to be brought in every day in summer or flies would stress her so much she would colic, had to be IV sedated to clip as sedalin would cause colic, doesn't like being brushed, tries to bite when being tacked up and only loads in a lorry. 100% unsellable then? At least seller was honest on the phone!

Widgeon

I recently tagged a friend who is looking for a horse in an advert that said "needs careful management but is 100%" (didn't say 100% what). When she enquired it turned out she was a chronic windsucker, required daily medication to prevent colic, had to be brought in every day in summer or flies would stress her so much she would colic, had to be IV sedated to clip as sedalin would cause colic, doesn't like being brushed, tries to bite when being tacked up and only loads in a lorry. 100% unsellable then? At least seller was honest on the phone!
Gosh. That is a good one! :eek:

Pippity

From a local riding school:

PONY LOANS- CARE ONLY (No riding)
We have five ponies [names deleted] that we can offer for loaners for who are just interest in the care side of looking after a for the pony .
You will need to be experienced with horse care and be able to commit to a minimum of 2 consecutive days per week between Tues to Friday

At least they don't mention charging people. Equally, they don't mention paying people.

Cowrie

From a local riding school:

PONY LOANS- CARE ONLY (No riding)
We have five ponies [names deleted] that we can offer for loaners for who are just interest in the care side of looking after a for the pony .
You will need to be experienced with horse care and be able to commit to a minimum of 2 consecutive days per week between Tues to Friday

At least they don't mention charging people. Equally, they don't mention paying people.
In all fairness, cheeky as I think they're being, if they were closer I'd probably take them up on that for some no strings attached, free pony time with calm ponies and experienced people about. 😂🤣😂

exracehorse

In all fairness, cheeky as I think they're being, if they were closer I'd probably take them up on that for some no strings attached, free pony time with calm ponies and experienced people about. 😂🤣😂
Yes .. a lady I know has advertised on preloved. Just wanting to pony pamper. looking for a a small pony to pamper and groom and take out for short walks in the countryside NOT TO RIDE something that's not riding anymore. On the odd Saturday or Sunday. Must be in sudbury Suffolk no more than 5 miles of sudbury Suffolk please .happy to help around the yard filling up haynets poo picking field making up food ECT ECT

Elf On A Shelf

Not horse related - someone is advising people not to give their kids lollipops - you know the fruit flavoured hard boiled ones on a paper stick from swizels? All because her kids got it off of the end of the stick in one go then tried to swallow it thus it got stuck in her throat.

To me that is just bad luck and the fact you need to teach the kid to suck on the lollipop not pull the damned thing off of its stick! Have you ever tried to get one of those off of its stick without crunching down on it?!? It's damn nigh impossible!

exracehorse

Advert on Happy Hackers. 19 year old. Ok to lightly hack. Won’t stay sound in the school. 2,500k. Surely any horse should be sound to school. Unless it’s got knackered legs. Amazed at the amount of replies asking for more info as ‘interested’.

Flicker

Advert on Happy Hackers. 19 year old. Ok to lightly hack. Won’t stay sound in the school. 2,500k. Surely any horse should be sound to school. Unless it’s got knackered legs. Amazed at the amount of replies asking for more info as ‘interested’.
Oh god I hate these ads. Poor horse, it will be so vulnerable to being exploited especially now with the market so hot. These ads are usually followed up with posts that say, “I sold my beloved horse to what I thought was a forever home but they have sold it on to someone else, what should I do”

Red-1

To be fair, when I bought Rigsby, I may have responded to this. I was looking for a companion with benefits. Sounds like this one has less issues than Rigs did! However, Rigs was substantially cheaper.

I don't see this one as a cheeky post. If the horse is a genuine safe hacking horse, it may even be worth the £2,500. I have known many horses who have done years of steady, occasional hacking, but who wouldn't stand up to regular school work. It doesn't mean they self combust the first time they step on the sand, it suggests they are sound on the school, but wouldn't remain that way if schooled intensively or regularly.

I would hope that the owner will screen potential homes well. I had a phone interview, had to send photos, then the whole family turned out to vet me, as well as the other liveries. They wanted every piece of information before I was entrusted with Rigs.