Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Sleipnir

Visit site
I'm selling a brand new bridle I only tried on 2 times to understand it's too small. Pictures of the ad clearly show a shiny new bridle and the text also states it. Somebody messages me and asked if I was willing to swap my bridle to another one instead of selling it.

Why not, I thought, if the bridle they're offering is similar in quality, new or almost new and the right size, so I asked for pictures.

Got sent pics of an old, dirty bridle with a torn cheeckstrap and multiple nicks & scuffs. Yeah, thanks, but no thanks - that didn't seem like a fair deal at all. :D

dorsetladette

Visit site
not on FB, but a friend of mine has taken a young couple under her wing. They had 1 mini cob which was kept in a field with others. The field owner wasn't being fair with them and getting cross when they fed hay etc. So my friend found them a couple of options a field next to others or a little sole use yard and grazing. They chose the later, not really suitable for a pony on its own, so they went out and bought a youngster to keep mini cob (a filly) company. The youngster is a colt! They now have a 3yr old filly and an 8month old colt in the same field - I'm cringing as friend is telling me this. Anyway roll on 2 weeks - they have decided they now want to save for a house and want to sell both ponies. The poor colt is on its 3 home already and the filly doesn't know if she's coming or going. Looks like they have found a home for filly so now colt is going to be left on his own at 8months old after only been in his new home 2/3 weeks. They've asked friend to deliver the filly but don't want to give fuel money as she's a friend and should be doing them a favour.

Some people are just not fit to have animals or friends sometimes!

Berpisc

Visit site
not on FB, but a friend of mine has taken a young couple under her wing. They had 1 mini cob which was kept in a field with others. The field owner wasn't being fair with them and getting cross when they fed hay etc. So my friend found them a couple of options a field next to others or a little sole use yard and grazing. They chose the later, not really suitable for a pony on its own, so they went out and bought a youngster to keep mini cob (a filly) company. The youngster is a colt! They now have a 3yr old filly and an 8month old colt in the same field - I'm cringing as friend is telling me this. Anyway roll on 2 weeks - they have decided they now want to save for a house and want to sell both ponies. The poor colt is on its 3 home already and the filly doesn't know if she's coming or going. Looks like they have found a home for filly so now colt is going to be left on his own at 8months old after only been in his new home 2/3 weeks. They've asked friend to deliver the filly but don't want to give fuel money as she's a friend and should be doing them a favour.

Some people are just not fit to have animals or friends sometimes!
Bloody Hell...

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Hi I'm xxx and looking for a new home, I've injured my leg and need some time off or box rest, but my stable is too small and my dad is struggling for time due to personal reasons. If you could give me the time and care I need please message me, please only messages if you are interested and located in xxx thank you

No details about height, age, personality, injury just needs a new home ?

Griffin

Visit site
Hi I'm xxx and looking for a new home, I've injured my leg and need some time off or box rest, but my stable is too small and my dad is struggling for time due to personal reasons. If you could give me the time and care I need please message me, please only messages if you are interested and located in xxx thank you

That is so sad, that poor horse :(

abbijay

Visit site

Saw that one, decided not to give him my opinion. :mad:

abbijay

Visit site
I shared a post about the virtues of Riding School Ponies and why they are so important and we shouldn't refer to them as "just" riding school ponies. I said that my first came from a riding school and how valuable he was in teaching me.
On jumps the owner of the riding school I bought him from going beserk that I am running down their methods and belittling what they do. Literally the opposite of what I was doing!

Surbie

Visit site
I shared a post about the virtues of Riding School Ponies and why they are so important and we shouldn't refer to them as "just" riding school ponies. I said that my first came from a riding school and how valuable he was in teaching me.
On jumps the owner of the riding school I bought him from going beserk that I am running down their methods and belittling what they do. Literally the opposite of what I was doing!

I saw that. They must have both got out of bed the wrong side AND misread your post.

nagblagger

Visit site
[QUOTE"Vodkagirly, post Hi I'm xxx and looking for a new home, I've injured my leg and need some time off or box rest, but my stable is too small and my dad is struggling for time due to personal reasons. If you could give me the time and care I need please message me, please only messages if you are interested and located in xxx thank you

No details about height, age, personality, injury just needs a new home ?[/QUOTE]

I would have been so tempted, i'm a sucker for a sob story, that's why i have so many field ornaments. i'm glad i don't know where it is - and don't tell me!

Vodkagirly

Visit site
How much is a hireling these days?

i’m thinking about going on a hunt this weekend(26th feb)
i would be looking for a 16.1-18.3hh, can hunt and won’t refuse as this is my first hunt, please be near south yorkshire as i would like to try before the hunt to make sure i like the way they move, nothing too strong, breed preferably thoroughbred, irish sport, warmblood etc, any age if they are a natural hunting horse, gelding or mare

ABOUT ME:
i am nearly 15
5’7
intermediate rider
medium weight i would say
i know how to tack up and clean tack so no need to worry about dirty tack afterwards

PRICE :
i would pay up to £15 to rent your horse for the hunt

bouncing_ball

Visit site

i would be looking for a 16.1-18.3hh, can hunt and won’t refuse as this is my first hunt, please be near south yorkshire as i would like to try before the hunt to make sure i like the way they move, nothing too strong, breed preferably thoroughbred, irish sport, warmblood etc, any age if they are a natural hunting horse, gelding or mare

ABOUT ME:
i am nearly 15
5’7
intermediate rider
i know how to tack up and clean tack so no need to worry about dirty tack afterwards

PRICE :
I think a good hireling, plaited and delivered to the meet is about £100-£200!

Regandal

Visit site

ABOUT ME:
i am nearly 15
5’7
intermediate rider

PRICE :

Dear Lord! Please tell me that she got ‘appropriate’ replies! ?

AntiPuck

Visit site

ABOUT ME:
i am nearly 15
5’7
intermediate rider

PRICE :

C'mon, did someone here write this one just for this thread ?

Melody Grey

Visit site
Saw a good ‘un today: Livery wanted, must be close to x loca upon, have a school etc.....for two ponies to share a stable.

I’m aware that can be a thing, but don’t know of any yards that would willingly offer this missing an opportunity to double their rent from two ponies!

[153312]

Visit site
Saw a good ‘un today: Livery wanted, must be close to x loca upon, have a school etc.....for two ponies to share a stable.

I’m aware that can be a thing, but don’t know of any yards that would willingly offer this missing an opportunity to double their rent from two ponies!
errr, in all fairness, we've specifically sought a yard that would let us do that for two shetlands before because one of them box walked without his friend in with him. Never had a yard say no you can't do that and must pay for two stables, even if they didn't advertise stables for sharing.

Sossigpoker

Visit site

My yard has ponies sharing stables. It's quite common if you have little ones that are good buddies.

exracehorse

Visit site
❤️LOAN❤️

14.2 cob, 2yo gelding for Full loanto move yards - I’m looking for someone to loan him for 8 months. a he’s good in mixed herds and very good - friendly with people, hopefully looking for him to jus live out on some grass but he does behave in the stable aswell, make a great companion/ horse to fuss with till he’s old enough to b broken. …….. so basically owner wants free livery for her two year old and in 8 months time when he’s 3, she’ll have him back.