Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site

What even is this?

@shortstuff99 have answered your question↓↓
He is a Lusitano, this is traditional foal turnout for PREs and Lusitanos. Used to enhance the shape of the neck etc but it is also believed that the hair then also grows back in thicker.

The comments seems to focus on the front end, but I think the head is cute, it's the strange looking Flat Stick tail which bothers me. I was convinced the tail had been photoshopped until I googled and found e.g.:

52266_-_photo_6_1695638394_big.jpg

potras-pre.jpg

By the way, hair as hair, if it really does make the mane and tail grow back thicker, how come all horses who have once had a full body clip doesn't look like overgrown wooly Shetlands? You know, like this but much bigger

IMG_4168.jpg

f9802947e6f5d7227bb82d1fe40707f3.jpg

IrishMilo

Visit site
WANTED

Project horse with excellent pedigree!! Big jumpers! Clean X rays! 3 or 4 year olds only!

Exceptionally well bred put together horses only!!

Must be a young prospect for competing!! Jumpers only!!

And then photo attached is of rider doing half a ft log out hacking with a not excellent position...

Surbie

Visit site
Is this as daft as I think it is? Or am I very out of touch with prices for this?

12k for a well-bred but 16yo mare that has essentially not been ridden for the past few years and is sold from the field?

'Grade 1, RID 16.2, 16 years young, hunted, jumped, hacked and beautiful to handle. Never sick or sorry, barefoot. Has been living in a field and occasionally hacked over the past few years as her rider completed her studies.... With full time work placements now calling, xxxx is looking for a new home, ridden and/or as a beautiful top quality brood mare. Will be sold from the field… 12k'

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Is this as daft as I think it is? Or am I very out of touch with prices for this?

12k for a well-bred but 16yo mare that has essentially not been ridden for the past few years and is sold from the field?

'Grade 1, RID 16.2, 16 years young, hunted, jumped, hacked and beautiful to handle. Never sick or sorry, barefoot. Has been living in a field and occasionally hacked over the past few years as her rider completed her studies.... With full time work placements now calling, xxxx is looking for a new home, ridden and/or as a beautiful top quality brood mare. Will be sold from the field… 12k'
I wondered if there was an extra nought accidentally added on the price 🤔.

She’s a Janet George bred ID, and is related via her maternal grandsire Lady’s Tralee Raj to my own wonky mare, who is by Raj.

Last edited:

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site

I think they initially marketed (what was a very good horse) at about £3k originally. But then were cautioned about her being too cheap and flogged on again for a higher price. If you read the whole fb thread it makes it quite clear.

Undoubtedly she’s priced far too high, and they’ve done her no favours by not keeping her going. But hopefully someone will make a reasonable offer and a very good home.

There’s a lot of interest in her from the Indigo fraternity 🤞🤞

Surbie

Visit site
I think they initially marketed (what was a very good horse) at about £3k originally. But then were cautioned about her being too cheap and flogged on again for a higher price. If you read the whole fb thread it makes it quite clear.

Undoubtedly she’s priced far too high, and they’ve done her no favours by not keeping her going. But hopefully someone will make a reasonable offer and a very good home.

There’s a lot of interest in her from the Indigo fraternity 🤞🤞
🤞

I wasn't sent the whole post - now found it and it makes more sense.

vickyb

Visit site

Goldie's mum

Visit site
COMPANION ONLY !!!!
[**] is a 14.1hh standardbred x Welsh, she cannot be riddden due to poor confrontation with her back legs and could make it worse. She is in no pain at all, there’s just no room for her atm. She is the sweetest mare ever has never done any harm but she can be a bit mare ish when she wants to be but she’s an absolute dream to have, lives out with 2 geldings at the minute, she’s out full time aswell ideally wanting 2
🥕
🥕
🥕
but a bit less is negotiable. She has to go to the right home since she is very loved.
:oops: