Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
That's interesting! I was going to say I'd be curious to know what they envisaged the sharer of the non-ridden doing with the horse.

I'd actually be up for a non-ridden share as quite like the idea of some in-hand hacks/groundwork/showing, a bit of chilled horse time in my week, and maybe to practice the lunging and long lining I have started to learn. Probably not up for paying to do horse care though! Not unless I was getting some kind of stable management tuition in return.
I think its cheeky to charge someone to look after a non ridden horse I certainly wouldn't, I never even charged for the riding I was just grateful of the help and never expect them to do chores either.

Fransurrey

Visit site
“Anyone fancy going out tomorrow who has transport? Happy to pay.”

….sure, I’m always happy to take randomers and their horses with me for pin money! 🤦‍♀️
People do, though! There's a livery on my yard that gets lifts from strangers. One lady travels quite a way to pick her up and take her to events. I just don't have the time to be that generous.

IrishMilo

Visit site
“Anyone fancy going out tomorrow who has transport? Happy to pay.”

….sure, I’m always happy to take randomers and their horses with me for pin money! 🤦‍♀️

What's cheeky about that? They've said they're happy to pay. There are often posts put up round here of people looking for lift shares/someone to go out with as their horse needs company etc. It's a good win win for some people.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Holy moly! HQ 341085

That poor thing looks so broken :(

There isn't nearly enough attention being paid to a lot of horses that don't appear lame but consistently stand camped under. I know of at least one vet who won't investigate if the horse trots up sound, but for me it's always trouble brewing.

nutjob

Visit site
Holy moly! HQ 341085
I've recently been to view one myself which stood camped under like that. At least there's a picture of this one in the ad so you can scroll on by. The one I went to see I only spotted it after I had ridden and wanted to take photos to look at more closely at home. It was a really lovely horse, rode nicely and not obviously lame at the time, but I've had more than my share of suspensory issues and for a 5 figure purchase price it's too much money for something to be a pet after a couple of years. Another I have tried had a hind fetlock nearly touching the floor even in walk.

Melody Grey

Visit site
What's cheeky about that? They've said they're happy to pay. There are often posts put up round here of people looking for lift shares/someone to go out with as their horse needs company etc. It's a good win win for some people.
I (personally) think it’s cheeky to ask for someone to foot the risk of damage to their transport from someone else’s horse. If they’re happy to pay, they should be happy to pay for a fully insured self-hire or driven transport. I took it to mean they’re happy to pay, but not for a professional set-up.

I sometimes offer lifts to good friends whose horses I know, though accept nothing in return, it’s a dodgy insurance situation otherwise.

Jenko109

Visit site
'
Looking for a sharer for my rising 3 year old mare 1-2 days a week based in Headley.
She turns 3 this month so will be starting her education and being a working mum I really need some help.
Looking for someone who has been around youngsters before. She's a really good girl but she can still be a baby.
I've done a lot of groundwork with her so she's good to lead, tie up etc.
Would be looking for a small contribution and there would be yard duties ie poo picking and feeding on your day/s.'

Come on now. You can't charge someone for that 🤦‍♀️

maya2008

Visit site
Wanted… just been born foal, to make x height etc.

Ummm rather restricting your options if you type that in April aren’t you?! I’ve had lots of ponies, only one was born before 1st May.

Caol Ila

Visit site
There seem to be quite a lot of young (under 4) horses going up for part loan. Three more this week on one of the pages I follow.

I keep seeing that snash as well on the Scottish horse loan page. It screams of, "I bought a baby and now I don't have time/knowledge/skill to deal, don't want to pay a trainer, but it would be pretty cool if someone paid me for the privilege of training it."

The only thing I will say is that if I'd seen someone offering a full loan of a sort-of-ridden-but-green youngster, to be kept at a yard of my choice, I might have taken that three years ago. It would have arguably made more sense than buying Fin, because I could have sent it back to its owner when Hermosa came into full work. I was looking for that, but it was lockdown and not forthcoming, so I went f*ck it and bought a horse. Point is, there may be circumstances in which that suits some people.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Prize for the least useful photo of the week goes to ..

View attachment 137636

Are you absolutely sure that you haven't accidentally scrolled over to the dogs for sales section? I mean it definitely does look like a horse, but had you told me that it was e.g. either an Old English Sheepdog or a Bearded Collie, with a lion cut, and in an awkward pose with the head bent down to sniff something, I might've very well believed you.

e998de7956cc79f54e483dd1d2bd09fd.jpg

images

But perhaps it's only me being able to see any vague similarities.

Boughtabay

Visit site
There seem to be quite a lot of young (under 4) horses going up for part loan. Three more this week on one of the pages I follow.

Never seen any of these in my area… until now! Loan/share for an unbacked 5yo who just so happens to be ready for groundwork & backing! Once you’ve done that you’re welcome to take the horse to shows and riding club. A good opportunity for an “experienced” person 🫣

Maybe I should’ve done this with my daft Spanish dragon and just hopped on when he was ready to go thanks to the “loaner” 🤪