Cheltenham 2024

Clodagh

Visit site
I thought Gaelic Warrior was very smart.
Stateman just makes it look easy ( I’m sure it’s not), ask for gallop, ask for faster gallop.

reynold

Visit site
I see Sara Bradstock has Mr. Vango in the last race against Apple Away.

As I also have horses with Old Gold I'll be cheering Apple on but also Mr. Vango.

Clodagh

Visit site
I’m surprised to see Honeysuckle’s colours worn by Willie Mullins horses. She was Henry de Bromhead. Did Kenny (I think that was her owners name?) always have horses with both?

Horrible pile up in the Boodles.

sparow

Visit site
Highland Hunter had hard race at Newbury on 2 March which he won so that was just 9 days ago. Had little chance this afternoon based on odds so why was he running again so soon in soft/heavy ground? Heart attack seems to be likely cause of death - seems to me a very unnecessary death. Crying shame for such a lovely horse.

Kadastorm

Visit site
Such a sad start to the festival 😢
I’m not in the racing community so I don’t know about training and how long they should have between races, but running 9 days before the festival is strange to me. With it being such a big occasion I would have thought you would want them to come out more rested and fresher than that?

Clodagh

Visit site
Such a sad start to the festival 😢
I’m not in the racing community so I don’t know about training and how long they should have between races, but running 9 days before the festival is strange to me. With it being such a big occasion I would have thought you would want them to come out more rested and fresher than that?
Staying chases normally a few weeks to recover, if they didn’t have a hard time maybe a fortnight. I’m no trainer mind.

minesadouble

Visit site
Two dead already ☹️.

What’s the going like there?

ETA just seen the going referred to above as ‘soft/heavy’. That’s going to be tiring.
I'm not sure the deaths were related to the going. First one looks like heart failure and the second was brought down from the reports I've read.