Chiltern Equine closed down

SEL

Visit site
eVet drug have just posted this on Instagram. I’m not on Facebook to see it there but I expect it was posted across all platforms.
View attachment 134356
Interesting!

They were at one point operating out of the same premises as Chiltern Equine. When my pony had surgery at the hospital a few years ago she was discharged with stuff purchased from e-vet that the nurse collected for me.

Was handy having free prescriptions

sport horse

Visit site
E vet was bought by the same company that bought Chiltern Equine in 2021 and both were sold last year to Nick Park, to satisfy the monopolies commission. They were always going to close evet as well as Chiltern Equine - imagine just selling off stock to line their pockets a bit more.

Sarah Randall and some of the team of vets and other staff from Chiltern, have today announced the launch of a new, independent practice. Elite Equine Clinic. Good luck to them and goodbye to the corporates - we wont miss you.

SEL

Visit site
E vet was bought by the same company that bought Chiltern Equine in 2021 and both were sold last year to Nick Park, to satisfy the monopolies commission. They were always going to close evet as well as Chiltern Equine - imagine just selling off stock to line their pockets a bit more.

Sarah Randall and some of the team of vets and other staff from Chiltern, have today announced the launch of a new, independent practice. Elite Equine Clinic. Good luck to them and goodbye to the corporates - we wont miss you.
Where did you see the announcement? Do you know which vets have joined her?

CeeBee

Visit site
I have had the clinical history for my horse emailed to me, but would really like to have the x-rays that were taken when he was in the clinic. I know the inbox is being monitored intermittently, but I would really like these to pass on to new vet practice. Has anyone had any joy asking for these?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have had the clinical history for my horse emailed to me, but would really like to have the x-rays that were taken when he was in the clinic. I know the inbox is being monitored intermittently, but I would really like these to pass on to new vet practice. Has anyone had any joy asking for these?
They sent all my horses x rays with the medical history as attachments by email, I didn't even ask for them I just received everything last week so I would email them and ask.

SEL

Visit site
yes - mine were all loaded onto dropbox

For both the mares I got every single one of their x-rays

SEL

Visit site
So did I for 2 horses there are pages of notes and images 😳 handy to have though

They sent it all to the RVC as well.
I found it interesting to nose through. The discharge report from the surgeon who did my pony's wind operation 3 years ago was there and that wasn't shared with me at the time - fortunately I did do a slow and steady return to ridden work because he'd actually specified what he wanted and it would have been useful to know!

SO1

Visit site
I just found out that the company who originally bought out Chiltern IVC is owned by Nestle. Nestle has been accused of dubious practice around marketing of baby milk formula in low income counties. I don't buy Nestle products for that reason but had no idea that Nestle owned IVC.