CLARE BALDING RUINS IT FOR WOMEN PRESENTERS...

tasel

Visit site

Judgemental

The Internet makes one's location irrelevant
Visit site
Well, he had his teeth fixed now, hasn't he. He even said it was the best thing Clare ever said... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ho...s-jibe-at-Liam-Treadwells-teeth-pays-off.html

Whatever.

I am sure that Emma Spencer, Alice Plunkett, Lesley Graham and Tanya Stevenson would never make such a comment.

All absolute darlings of racing commentary and interviewing.:)

Whilst I am at it, I always feel embarrassed for Tanya, being call 'female' by you know who. I would anticipate there are others who post on this board, who would share that view.

I sincerely hope that stops with the new company.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Ian Treadwell was not in the slightest worried about the comment and went on to get his teeth sorted out.

He was inundated with offers to sort him out dentally for nothing, including from a practitioner in Blackpool who had backed him and wanted to express his thanks. Treadwell said, "It was the best thing Clare ever said,".

It was a genuine mistake made by Clare who thought that he had lost his teeth in a riding accident and was just trying to point out how tough the jockey's were!

Lol, and there you go! (And it's Liam, not Ian)

Last edited:

Judgemental

Visit site
I suspect that C4 Racing draws the bulk of its viewers from the older section of television viewers, a section who are known to dislike change!

Alec.

Indeed Alec how very true. With age comes experience and with experience comes a taste for the sophisticated, elegant and shall we say those who have a routine and Channel 4 Racing is very much a routine matter. Carefully worked into one's Saturday agenda.

Whilst I have made it clear that I enjoy all the lady presenters. My OH has a thing about John Frankcome, something to do with his West Country Burr. In fact I gather he has quite a fan club in that respect.

Last edited:

KautoStar1

Visit site
with the exception of Claire & Mick Fitz I find the BBC racing team a pretty poor lot, although I think the general standard of the BBC coverage is excellent.
And with the exception of the fat oaf Mac, I also like the Chan 4 team.
As for Johnny F, even for a man well into his 50's, I definately would, LOL. bet he'd make you laugh a lot as well :) :)

Judgemental

Visit site
with the exception of Claire & Mick Fitz I find the BBC racing team a pretty poor lot, although I think the general standard of the BBC coverage is excellent.
And with the exception of the fat oaf Mac, I also like the Chan 4 team.
As for Johnny F, even for a man well into his 50's, I definately would, LOL. bet he'd make you laugh a lot as well :) :)

I wonder if he knows about this 'closet' fan club.

Claire Balding had a nice piece in Saturday's Daily Mail. It was very funny, especially about her breakfasting with HM the Queen. Well worth a read. Sausages with Marmalade on toast - interesting and then upsetting the milk jug:).

lizijj

Visit site
I 'think' I remember a few years back how Claire said she had missed out on an equestrian presenting job to a well known generic sport presenter. I would much rather listen to Claire commentate on equestrian, or every other sport than someone such as Sue Barker. Claire is keen and knowledgeable.

kirstyl

Visit site
The 'getting your teeth fixed' comment was a follow on from a conversation she and the jockey had had previously...

I have to say, I'm her no.1 fan. She's brilliant!!!

Agree! She's fantastic and I'm so pleased she's going to be doing Channel 4 Racing. Not sure what's happening to existing presenters though?

Racergirl

Visit site
There are at least 4 members of the current presenting team that Id quite happily put on my bus of "celebs" aimed for a cliff....

Clare is fab, and a lovely lovely lady as well. Cant help but think CH4 racing will improve in leaps and bounds for securing her.

KautoStar1

Visit site
oooh go on, name them.

Fat Mac would definately be on the bus. Possibly Jim McGrath and definately all of the Racing UK team who, apart from Nick Luck, don't know a horse from a badgers arse.
I'd also add in Rischi Persad, Aussie Jim McGrath, Willie Carson & Richard Pitman.

I don't mind the Chan 4 team at all. I think Alice and Alistair are great with the jump racing coverage and Im less offended by Emma Spencer than I was, she seems to have improved enourmously over the last few years.

I'd also add in quite a few of the ATR team as well & definately Matt Chapman who is just a gob *****e. I'd keep Luke Harvey though, hes always entertaining and Jason Weaver knows his stuff.

EAST KENT

Visit site
Clare`s book is being serialised in The Daily Mail starting yesterday,a very entertaining writer too.Yesterday her breakfast sausage flew sideqways at the Queen,and today she rides off Princess Anne in a race..and is stil to be forgiven.Very jolly reading exactly as you would expect from her.:)

Alec Swan

Visit site

Very jolly reading exactly as you would expect from her.:)

"Jolly" is just the word to sum up CB. She does however, continue to make the odd howler or two.The night before last, when discussing one high profile athlete, she said that he'd stolen his quilt cover from his lodgings. A while later, she covered herself, or tried to, by saying that the athletes had actually been given the bed covers as mementoes.

As fond as I am of CB, I do wish that she'd stick to her script. I wonder if she's in competition with the DOE, in the "Gaff Stakes"!

Alec.

JS65

Visit site
I think she is a bit like Prince Phillip, entertaining as you never know when she is going to come out with the wrong thing.
I love them both, both real and entertaining.

cefyl

Visit site
At least Clare has dress sense, it may not be to everyones taste or the highest "fashion" but she is smart, and appropriate in her outfit choices. And you dont have to reduce the brightness of the screen to stop the orange glare off a fake tan as we were tempted to do at the weekend.

Judgemental

Visit site
oooh go on, name them.

Fat Mac would definately be on the bus. Possibly Jim McGrath and definately all of the Racing UK team who, apart from Nick Luck, don't know a horse from a badgers arse.
I'd also add in Rischi Persad, Aussie Jim McGrath, Willie Carson & Richard Pitman.

I don't mind the Chan 4 team at all. I think Alice and Alistair are great with the jump racing coverage and Im less offended by Emma Spencer than I was, she seems to have improved enourmously over the last few years.

I'd also add in quite a few of the ATR team as well & definately Matt Chapman who is just a gob *****e. I'd keep Luke Harvey though, hes always entertaining and Jason Weaver knows his stuff.

Well Kauto Star, it seems your prediction concerning Mac The Tick Tac was right.

Personally so as they keep Emma Spencer I shall be content and my OH with John Francombe. :)