College project - what clothes do you wear to the yard?

Greylegs

Visit site
If riding, jods and a top which is appropriate for the season - so anything from a tee shirt (usually a polo type shirt with a collar and short sleeves), to several layers including a jacket. Whatever I wear, it has to have at least one useful pocket. If not riding, jeans then ditto ..... Footwear ... my faithfully Ariat wellies or old country type boots which are then changed for riding boots (kept there) if riding.

Yard clothes, including jackets, jeans and tops are almost exclusively bought from charity shops or supermarkets. Can't see the point in spending decent money on stuff which is going to be filthy in minutes. Jods/boots from local tack shop or on-line. I never buy "branded" clothes for the yard. Mucking out on my Joules gilet .... no, no, no ....

Nothing really missing that I can think of. I think there's rather too much stuff about at the moment if anything and much of it it is grossly over-priced.

Denise657

Visit site
I'm not able to ride at the moment and the girls are on 24/7 turnout.
On days when I'm lunging I wear jhods, wellies, any top, a burgundy superdry hoody which is fleecy lined and a gilet. I find this better because my more nervous girl can see my shoulders and movements easier and take cues from that.
When I'm doing field maintenance or just visiting/ feeding I wear joggers, any top, wellies a cream Barbour jacket (cream for visibility and it was a gift like 5 years ago. Normally I don't wear branded things to the field) and a big blanket scarf in winter.
I have chronic daily migraines so also wear a cap and polarised sunglasses.
I buy everything online or it's gifts.
Tall girl jhods are expensive and normal sized ones are above my ankle so I always have to wear longer boots.

Auslander

Visit site
Skinny jeans, polo shirts and long socks, with either wellies or neoprene lined garden clogs, which are just ok in muddy gateways if I'm careful! I get hot very quickly, and I'm not a fan of bulky layers, so my absolute favourite piece of clothing is an alpaca wool lined short fitted jacket, which is super thin and lightweight, nice and warm, but doesn't make me boil if I start warming up. It also looks smart, which is a novelty for winter me. I especially like that it was reduced from £90 to £26!

Beth206

Visit site
1. What clothes do you tend to wear to the yard incl footwear
2. Where do you tend to buy your yard clothes e.g. shop or online
3. Do you think anything is missing from the equestrian sector clothing wise

1. I usually always wear a pair of jodhs, a fleece, coat and Le Chameaux wellies.
2. I mostly buy my clothes from summer shows when they have good offers on
3. No, although I haven't seem to have found the perfect glove for winter that I can do yard work in and ride in

Obilicious

Visit site
Thank you so much to everyone who replied.
If there is anyone who wouldnt mind me asking a few more qurstions please message me!! Thank you !