Come on eventers, lets see YOUR matchy matchy!

Lolo

Visit site
Because we chuckle at the matchy matchy threads, but you have to admit that when eventers go XC they put the matchy matchy of the dressage divas to shame!

Henrybrush-1.jpg

Al's most current, she's had it for nearly 4 years and it's slowly beginning to look a little worn, so a revamp is under way. Same navy blue with bright pink stars though :D Got it second hand off eBay after she outgrew her old pale blue quartered top.

Draw the line at matching bandages and numnahs as we aren't organised enough!

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
Ok... so this is just an excuse to re-post (again!) a couple of my favourite photos, but they do show how I manage to matchy-matchy both my XC colours (on me and Hopalong) with the fences too?! :D :p

You can see Hopalong sporting green over reach boots and tape on boots, plus my BE armband manages to tie with my BP/whip by being blue... and so many course designers kindly put lots of green brush fences in their courses! :D

Eglinton35.jpg

Turnberry027.jpg

However when it comes to general riding... you are not likely to find me in anything remotely matchy-matchy, in fact in the car for changing into tonight at the yard are black jeans and a navy Blair polo shirt! :eek:

kerilli

Visit site
i think OldGit takes the biscuit actually... horse's boots, saddlecloth etc are all in his pretty pale blue with hoops pattern.
mine's a lot more controlled, just jersey and fancy silk, can't be doing with anything other than white saddlecloth etc, but i've been hankering after a pair of SSG stars and stripes gloves for years to complete the look...
this is an old photo but hat cover and jersey are still the same as i use now.
Screenshot2011-04-12at125138.png

Lolo

Visit site
I forgot my own colours...
Burnhamwater.jpg

Matching numnah came with the silk and jumper off eBay!

I was thinking of Chloe and Baydale, specially Chloe! Everyone's are so smart.

Does anyone have a good alternative to a Treehouse Event shirt which doesn't cost £81 btw?

brushingboots

Visit site
old XC matchy matchy;
Aston-under-wyc17-7-102.jpg

new XC colours matchy matchy;
BarryAstonLW30-5-11sm.jpg

Do usually complete the look with a pink baselayer but was a tad wet that day and i'd already ridden one horse ;)

ETA:
full set of new matchymatchy
IMG_1474.jpg

Last edited:

saz5083

Visit site
Oh, should add that my shirt now has yellow stars on the arms too! Five on each side ;) I sat sewing them on while watching Badminton ;)

On a normal day however I am lucky if I have on matching socks! :D

tigers_eye

Visit site
Blimey Clava that is a seriously nice horse!

I think after Chloe_GHE Madeleine Brugman from The Netherlands has got to be up there! A user posted some pics of her at Bramham she's VERY pink! And she has a pink Vespa and gazebo at shows too.....

MagicMelon

Visit site
mine's a lot more controlled, just jersey and fancy silk, can't be doing with anything other than white saddlecloth etc,

Same here, I dont like coloured saddlecloths - used to love them but not anymore, not sure why. I just wear a black with pink starts silk with a pink t-shirt thing over my white long sleeved Puffa top (and a black BP). The only colour-orientated thing I am funny about is that I must have white tape round the horses black boots. Dont know why, it just irritates me having any other colour!

TheoryX1

Visit site
Still cant do photos but Mini TX's xc get up is very violet (Sponsors colours). Violet BP and matching hat silk, saddle cloth is white with sponsors logo on it (violet of course). Black xc boots and we have managed to track down some purple (almost violet) insulation tape.

I guess Chloe_GHE is working for a change, as she would be right on this thread straight away.

MillionDollar

Visit site
Some of these are fab :D It was only the other day I as looking in H&H and nearly every rider/horse combination had a white saddlecloth and black boots!!! Where is the fun in that!?!?!? Boring! :p

kerilli

Visit site
Blimey Clava that is a seriously nice horse!

I think after Chloe_GHE Madeleine Brugman from The Netherlands has got to be up there! A user posted some pics of her at Bramham she's VERY pink! And she has a pink Vespa and gazebo at shows too.....

there's an American eventer who wears the brightest orange you can imagine, and has her saddles made to match, i think that's taking it to extremes!
Mary King's green-seated Xtreem is pretty cool too.
I think of all the male eventers Matt Ryan has been the most into matchy-ness for years, his lorry has been tricked out the same as his xc colours for as long as i can remember. most guys just wore black back when he started with his brown and cream checks!

applestroodle

Visit site
Mine is subtle to as both horses i have evented have been coloured so thought to many colours would clash!! So its bog standard navy and white, my hat silk is navy with white stars though and a white pom pom on top, have a navy body protector and white long sleeved top under. Only ever white saddle cloth to.

229313_10150181470171769_501786768_6860635_714289_s.jpg

Lolo

Visit site
there's an American eventer who wears the brightest orange you can imagine, and has her saddles made to match, i think that's taking it to extremes!
Mary King's green-seated Xtreem is pretty cool too.
I think of all the male eventers Matt Ryan has been the most into matchy-ness for years, his lorry has been tricked out the same as his xc colours for as long as i can remember. most guys just wore black back when he started with his brown and cream checks!

It looks really classy considering in essence, it's a green saddle!

When my sister and I were younger, we used to call the Hoys the spacemen as their silver colours made them look like they were going into outer space!

kerilli

Visit site
It looks really classy considering in essence, it's a green saddle!

When my sister and I were younger, we used to call the Hoys the spacemen as their silver colours made them look like they were going into outer space!

ah, we referred to them as "Bacofoil"... ;) ;) ;) i thought the shiny silver was a bit much, verging on bling actually!