Comments on your riding that make you laugh

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I once did a particularly hairy dressage test Grace felt like an unexploded bomb and jogged when we were meant to walk I had some piaffe and passage thrown in, a few leaps in the air and lots of snorting and throwing her head around, and I managed to go wrong so the whole thing was a disaster 🤣

Notes from judge was oh dear Elizabeth it really wasn't your day today but I give you full marks for trying to finish the test.

View

Visit site
A very long time ago I was on a course with the late Dick Stillwell, he told one rider his legs were "as ineffective as two straws hanging out a hay loft" and another rider, who was already riding internationally, "if you want to play with yourself go outside till your finished" when he was consistently carrying his hands too low.

Oh that reminds me of the feeling of utter uselessness when he asked me when I was actually going to ride the horse.

magicmoments

Visit site
'You've got feel'. I took from that ' you've got feel, but can't ride for toffee'. Said by PH to me in a school master lesson. I did/do find it amusing. Fortunately my riding, one issue in particular, that plagued me for years has now been resolved, thank goodness

shanti

Visit site
One that I always remember was from an Andalusian breeder who I visited. He chucked me on his top-level jousting stallion and among the multiple comments regarding my horrendous riding he kept yelling ''TIT'S TO THE SKY"
My current instructor always tells me that I should have been a motorbike rider instead of a horse rider due to the amount of sideways leaning I do 🤣

Ratface

Visit site
I had a ride on a really well trained corida horse when I stayed with friends in Spain. Before mounting I was told not to give any aids, just think what I wanted to do.

When I got a half pass instead of canter the comment shouted across the arena was "You thought too hard."
When I was still able to ride Old Horse, I found that "thinking what I wanted him to do" was very effective, as was breathing in when I wanted him to move off and breathing out when I wanted him to stop. Him having a silly s** moment was resolved by a sharp "Oy, You!!"
He's a very clever horse who knows exactly how to get what he wants without pushing it too far.

AppyLover1996

Visit site
I have quite a few that stick in my mind and make me chuckle :

1) Riding a very spicy OTTB who had recently come out of training - we were trying to nail to trot to canter without letting him run into it, my instructor after she finished laughing said "You suit him but by god did he look like a chicken legging it down the side of the arena and you looked completely lost - the pair of you are hilarious!"

2) Riding my currently owned Appy x New Forest (who is very opinionated!) - at a local clinic and he had only just come back into work due to a tendon injury so was supposed to be taking it easy. Said pony had other ideas and erupted into a set of spectacular broncs down the long side of the arena after being asked for a simple leg yeild in walk, proper putting his back into it and almost depositing me on the ground. When he realised I was still in the saddle much to his dismay, he promptly sat down and I slid pathetically down his back like it was a slide cause I wasn't expecting it and didn't have any stirrups - clinician had to excuse herself to change her underwear and compose herself...

3) Again with currently owned Appy x - showing at a local friendly venue, instructor came along for moral support as I become a wreck in show environments. Only doing the best equitation class and ridden odd coloured class, my instructor didn't realise the group of impressionable young children behind her and yelled the following across the arena "Ride with your t*ts proper sticking out cause they're bloody massive, have your hips like a wh**e cause he ain't listening, and if you flap like a bloody chicken one more time going into canter, I'm going to bridle you and ride you in the next damned class!" The children luckily found it hilarious and their poor parents had a barrage of questions to answer afterwards - but we placed in the class 🤣

4) Riding a friend's 18.2hh Clydesdale cross whilst she rode her daughter's 13.2 sports pony - innocent passer by said "why is the midget on the giant and how on earth did she get up there?"

5) If you rode as pretty as you looked, you'd get what you want a lot quicker - to which I replied "Oh you think I'm pretty?" (being sarcastic as I'm nothing special by a county mile!) and the horse I was riding promptly stopped in front of the arena mirrors and whinnied at himself

6) Why is it when I put you on a complete knob of a horse you ride bloody fab, but stick you on a schoolmaster and you ride completely shite (from a dear friend who sadly is no longer with us, but she had a valid point God rest her soul!)