Communication from a vet: don’t know what to make of it!

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Makes me think of the Herriot books and Mrs Pumphrey and her pampered Pekinese Tricki Woo and how she (or rather Tricki) always called James Herriot "Uncle Herriot"!!!

This sounds rather like the sort of message that "Uncle Herriot" might be sending to Tricky Woo if he was feeling poorly LOL.

Rather OTT, and certainly would make me want to seriously go and puke from the sickly-sweetness of it if I'd received it. But maybe sent with the best of intentions............. ??? Who knows.

But my cynical mind suspects that this is the sort of practice that might be inflating their fees to the same grossing level as their sick-making flattery-levels TBH.

wispagold

Visit site
My brother in law had a cat called Knob, don’t ask!
He used to chicken out when it went to the vets for injections and said its name was Puss.

My OH named our cat... part of the deal when he agreed I could have one. He called him Super Hans after the character in Peep Show. At home he gets called by his full name. Although I will admit he is registered as Hans at the vets as I was a bit embarrassed.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Makes me think of the Herriot books and Mrs Pumphrey and her pampered Pekinese Tricki Woo and how she (or rather Tricki) always called James Herriot "Uncle Herriot"!!!

This sounds rather like the sort of message that "Uncle Herriot" might be sending to Tricky Woo if he was feeling poorly LOL.

Rather OTT, and certainly would make me want to seriously go and puke from the sickly-sweetness of it if I'd received it. But maybe sent with the best of intentions............. ??? Who knows.

But my cynical mind suspects that this is the sort of practice that might be inflating their fees to the same grossing level as their sick-making flattery-levels TBH.

I shall henceforth call him Tricky Woo! ?

Their fees are eye watering, almost £300 for the 5 minutes over the phone/3 minutes in the car park initial consultation. I did ask the OH what people do when they simply don’t have the money. It must be a terrible situation for them.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
How is he doing?

He’s coughing up blood, I’m extremely worried. His behaviour bar being reluctant to eat (think it might be painful) is totally normal, stealing things, stalking fat git pigeons under the bird feeder, demanding fish food which he loves, weirdo.

His appointment at the RVC is Tuesday. My OH would prefer me to go, but we’re already one down at work and there’s simply no-one to cover. I doubt there’ll be a resolution available bar surgical intervention and if an x ray, 2 CT scans, a fna biopsy and an ultrasound can’t tell us what it is, I think exploratory surgery is the only option. ?

Clodagh

Visit site
Well hopefully it’s just a grass seed or something in his throat? Maybe.
I hope it’s nothing much.
Do you give an update as soon as you hear.

SAujla

Visit site
My dogs breeder went through several investigations for what was bothering one of her dogs ears and it turned out to be grass seed so could be something similar here? Good luck I hope things turn around quickly

Shady

Visit site
Oh goodness CT I've just caught up with this and I really hope you get to the bottom of what's wrong. Like SAujla, i've known people pay thousands in investigation and the problem was something very simple, but missed or dismissed as unlikely at the start.
Without sounding dramatic what is the blood like ?. With cats I can often tell where it's coming from.
Thinking of you and sending hugs to you and fur baby Zac........just nooooooooooo. xxxx

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site

I thought maybe he’s inhaled a grass seed/foxtail. The lump is in the smaller tube leading to his left lung. The fna displayed inflammatory cells, which would be right if it’s a foreign object. The clinic he was referred to kept talking about cancer OR a torsion in the tube but don’t really know, despite all the investigations, hence we wanted a 2nd opinion at the RVC. Why they didn’t do a decent biopsy is beyond me, an FNA is surely more applicable for an external lump eg a lipoma?

He’s feeling sorry for himself tonight but managed to take treats off Aunty B, who was round for tea.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Not as bad as an equine vet I had, where someone else's horse was added to may account, for an arthroscopy. I called them and said I had no grey mare called XXXXX, nor had I had an arthroscopy. They argued the point for quite a while, thinking (I think) that I was trying to dodge the (rather large) inpatients bill.

The matter was settled when I told them that they always take card details when a horse comes in for in patients work, so bill that card, as that will be the owner. I presume they did, but the dratted horse stayed on my account, as I got a vaccination reminder. I called again and asked to have it removed, but they wouldn't, although they did re-name the horse to "Not Her Horse."

The next year, I duly got a letter,

Dear Red-1,

I am writing to tell you that your horse, Not Her Horse, is due her vaccination. Please book in with the surgery.

It seemed funny, until I claimed on my actual horse and the insurance went digging not the vet history, whereupon they wanted to know why my other horse, Not Her Horse, was not insured, and why I had not informed them that I had another horse who had needed vet treatment.

That took some explaining!

The clue is in the name!!!!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
A friend just told me that our mixed practice vet charged her £100 less than the RVC for her horse’s scope. I know who I’ll be asking for next month!