Confrontantial livery

Minny

Visit site
Tbh, I wouldn’t worry too much about the situation. Give it some time. Everyone will settle down again. I suspect the other livery had a whole load of personal stuff on their mind and you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I’m not suggesting it’s right or that it was nice to experience for you but it is nature of the beast on livery yards. My advice is to forgive, forget and move on. Roll your eyes and take a deep breath. Life is too short to get embroiled in this. You can be civil but you don’t need to extend any favours to this livery in the future.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
No apology from them today, other than being given an unpleasant stare.

Although I haven’t approached the livery either, as I have a feeling it will be like adding petrol to a fire.

Well the only problem with that is that the atmosphere will linger. I'd bite the bullet and have a chat with her and sort it out.

Bellaboo18

Visit site
No apology from them today, other than being given an unpleasant stare.

Although I haven’t approached the livery either, as I have a feeling it will be like adding petrol to a fire.

I actually think you've done the right thing, let it die down a bit and then in a few days make pleasantries. Then it's upto her.

Archangel

Visit site
So no one was injured, nobody fell off and the livery is STILL in a huff 24 hours later. She needs to get a grip.

My big horse did a massive spook tonight which set the other one off and for a moment I was squished between two horses and we were all clattering up the road. My OH decided to shine a torch on us which made things worse! Did I feel the need to shout at anyone? Of course not, it was one of those things.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Well the only problem with that is that the atmosphere will linger. I'd bite the bullet and have a chat with her and sort it out.

Yep, most definitely this. You need to sort it out so that can enjoy your time at the yard with your horse.
Try the softly softly apology approach first and if she starts being an arse then explain to her, quite calmly and emphatically that she is speaking to you in an inappropriate manner.

Clodagh

Visit site
In that case, unless you were going about your business in an inflatable t-rex suit while playing your tuba, I suspect the other livery needs to get a grip on herself and deal with her anger issues. And yes, the YO should probably have stepped in - though, as previous posters suggest, she too was probably shocked at the outburst...

I think, if the livery is still being 'emotional' you should go for the t rex suit and really give her something to stress about. :)

Hack4fun

Visit site
I was going about my business on the yard, when she brought her two horses in which ended up being spooked by me. Completely unintentional as I did not realise they were there.

Hardly your fault then. It is a livery yard. People are to be expected.

merlo89

Visit site
Just a little update for anyone curious...

A fb post has been uploaded to the world mentioning “it only takes one or two nasty people to totally poison a yard and make it miserable for other people.”

But also

“Yard owners need to be aware of what goes on and not tolerate people being malicious and upsetting others”

I will be sitting yard owner down and showing her this as I am not impressed.

paddi22

Visit site

A fb post has been uploaded to the world mentioning “it only takes one or two nasty people to totally poison a yard and make it miserable for other people.”

But also

“Yard owners need to be aware of what goes on and not tolerate people being malicious and upsetting others”

yeah totally..
Stress the fact that this is on social media and affecting her yard's reputation. That will strengthen your case and make you look like the adult calm one in the whole thing

Clodagh

Visit site

But also

Oh my. What a nightmare.

meleeka

Visit site

But also

Please tell me you ‘liked’ the first one 😏

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
this sounds like the mangled flip side of the poster recently whose YO was watching their FB and asked them to take a post down!

Airing dirty laundry in public never pays off :eek: regardless of what OP did or didn't do, this isn't the way for the other livery to deal with it. Hope you manage to get some kind of grown up resolution.