CRUELTY....The LACS way

Hercules

Visit site
Do you support LACS illegal method of deer control, the one where they chase deer in a vehicle before shooting it from that moving vehicle.

Yes, or no?

Simple really.

wurzel

Visit site
Is this the best you can do?

Do you mean I cannot tell the difference between a healthy animal and a sick one?

Tell you what.

Where do you live?

I'll meet you at Machine Cross this evening and show you the difference.

Interested?

Paul T

Visit site
If the vehicle was used to 'herd' the deer as the article states I condemn such action. However, if it was moving to get into a good position so that a shot could be taken at sick or injured deer, I haven't got a problem with that. I also haven't got a problem with whether the shots were taken from inside or outside the vehicle (which, by the way, was still, not moving as you state) - the main thing is that a shot was taken as soon as possible to alleviate suffering.

Paul T

Visit site
Certainly not. It's far more humane to put sick or injured deer out of their misery than leave them to suffer.

You have a very strange idea of animal welfare, which isn't surprising coming from someone who supports the hounding of deer for hour upon hour just for the sheer hell of it.

Paul T

Visit site
I've got far better things to do than meet with screwballs like you. Judging by your comments on this forum I have every good reason to doubt your integrity.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
But my deer are't suffering, in my case would it be more cruel to drive a car at a deer and then shoot it or flush it out with dogs, kept under control to prevent an extended chase?

Paul T

Visit site
I thought you were referring to the Torygraph's account of LACS shooting sick and injured deer.

How can you say 'your' deer aren't suffering - do they never get ill or injured? If they are all in perfect order I don't see the need to kill them at all but try telling that to your pro-hunting pals.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
I've never come across a sick or injured deer on my land, that's why I don't kill any. If there was one I'd call someone in to kill it.

I just flush them out and chase them a bit. I don't kill them.

severnmiles

Visit site
Sorry, yes I spent a bit too much time having a life with my family than is usually permitted on this forum. I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again.

What exactly would you like me to speak up about? Anyway I thought you'd thrown your teddy out of your pram and weren't debating with me.

Can't you multi-task?

I had thrown my toys out of the pram but I am no longer ignoring you, you should feel special, I usually sulk for longer :)

Paul T

Visit site
No, I don't think being sat in front of a computer is all that compatible with spending time with my family. I'm sure there are others on this site who will disagree (mentioning no names).

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
I'm not on any quest other than trying to fathom who's right and wrong in this debate. ARE there any sick, dying and dead deer in the sanctuary? Anyway, I haven't yet decided who or what I believe, because as far as I can see none of the LACS lot will admit to anything except that they are the ones speaking the truth and the pro's won't back down either!

Hercules

Visit site
The fact of the matter is that the antis live outside reality.
A-A is making a nonsense of the Law in his own way.
LACS and its self appointed monitors are not willing to further the issue because they are spineless and skint.
The police don't prosecute because they aren't interested in the Hunting Act.

The law is ineffective. Hunting continues.
The antis are very upset about that. The hunting community are laughing at them.

Karl, LACS et al if you don't like the facts, bore off and cry on your family's shoulder. They are probably used to your blubbing. Weaklings to a man.

CARREG

Visit site
Tom
I think Karl knows exactly what goes on at Baronsdown, his "I doubt your integrity" is just an excuse to distance himself from what he knows is the truth............Carreg

Paul T

Visit site
As pros are quick to lecture us all about how cruel nature can be, I'm surprised that there's sudden concern amongst them on this forum about wild deer that are free to come and go on LACS land. Like any other wild animals, some will inevitably die from illness and disease, and I've not seen any evidence to show this happens much more frequently on LACS land than anywhere else in the wild.

If you need futher information the following may help you:

http://www.extra.rdg.ac.uk/news/details.asp?ID=537

It's the pro-hunters who seem to have a disneyfied view of nature when it comes to the deer on LACS land.

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
As pros are quick to lecture us all about how cruel nature can be, I'm surprised that there's sudden concern amongst them on this forum about wild deer that are free to come and go on LACS land. Like any other wild animals, some will inevitably die from illness and disease, and I've not seen any evidence to show this happens much more frequently on LACS land than anywhere else in the wild.

If you need futher information the following may help you:

http://www.extra.rdg.ac.uk/news/details.asp?ID=537

It's the pro-hunters who seem to have a disneyfied view of nature when it comes to the deer on LACS land.

Wild animals don't stand in a field waiting for a land rover to deliver then hay.

LACS deer are not wild, the unnaturally high numbers in one place is not wild. The spread of disease quickly, which you can deny till you're blue in the face but is scientific knowledge amoungst high populations of animals in one area and even taught in the biology a-level syllabus (apparently LACS supporters don't have a-levels...) is not wild. Protecting them from predators, which in this country is man and his gun/hounds - is not wild.

LACS deer are pets, and I wish someone would hurry up and prosecute them for illegally keeping livestock unfences, unregistered, untagged and untreated for disease.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
"If it was illegal, why wasn't LACS prosecuted? "

Because the police couldn't give a damn and there's no private vigilante organisation backed by bleeding heart celebs who are willing to spend tens of thousands of pounds doing so.

Paul T

Visit site
Don't be so silly, of course they're wild. They're as wild as the birds in my garden which I feed from time to time.

Are you sure you're not Dorey's little girl?

Paul T

Visit site
"Because the police couldn't give a damn"

Insufficient evidence that anything illegal had happened more like.

I'm still waiting for answers to the other questions: where's the evidence the vehicle was moving; and who said it was?

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
If a bird in your garden broke a leg, what would you do?

LACS leave them for two weeks rather than let expert marksmen come and kill them.

No, it's not the same.

Your songbirds don't suffer from disease, your song birds have a natural predator. TBH, I'd fricking encourage you to feed them cos they need every help they can get now the RSPCA have decided magpies are their next victim...

LACS deer are no longer wild. Their behaviour patterns have altered significantly due to human interferance. Disease levels have rocketed due to human interferance.

But LACS refuse to admit this and will then say that they cannot interfer futher cos they're wild.

Bullshit.

Either they take responsibility, tag and register them, and start treating them for disease, or they stop feeding them.

I think I've said that three times now... I wonder if DEFRA would be interested in them breaking the law on keeping pet deer untagged?