CRUFTS 2024 roll call!

druid

Visit site
😂 I’ve just spent the afternoon helping Mr EB take down trees at the shoot and we had a training session afterwards with ze Germans. Erik is now at least 70% burrs… 😂

He’ll have one last fun muddy/water/bramble training session tomorrow then I’ll work on starting to tidy him up (hoping there’s enough coat left after I pull the burrs out)😁

We do last muddy hurrah on wash day before ferry!

Cowboy magic is my secret for De-burring!

druid

Visit site
We will try fit in a visit to Rabart or Christies - I'll defintely owe you a thankyou gift!

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
This made me laugh - if ever we are out and about with Purdey and come across some EPs, Mr L always whispers to her "Purdey look, its ze English!" 🤣

If I meet a dachshund, GWP etc, I always say 'aw, the second best German dog!'

Or if I meet an Old English Sheepdog, I say 'look, the English version!'

EllieBeast

Visit site
I'm equally hoping mine isn't 'he escaped the DD stand and caused chaos' or 'he barked so much he got asked to leave' 🤣

😂 I’m worried that Erik is just going to curl up and go to sleep and will be a total false advertisement for the breed- it’s what he did at the game fair 🙄🙈

Which days are you at DD? We’re on there Friday (around showing) and Saturday

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
If I meet a dachshund, GWP etc, I always say 'aw, the second best German dog!'

Or if I meet an Old English Sheepdog, I say 'look, the English version!'

I have just told small dog that he is the Belgian Resistance.

Rosette stickers arrived today for the DD stand and it's the annual bath night tonight, not long to go!

Annette4

Visit site
😂 I’m worried that Erik is just going to curl up and go to sleep and will be a total false advertisement for the breed- it’s what he did at the game fair 🙄🙈

Which days are you at DD? We’re on there Friday (around showing) and Saturday
He's there Thursday with OH as I'm on the Therapy Dog Nationwide stand with Fizz. We're back to visit on Friday so will look out for you.

KEK

Visit site
Good luck all, I’m looking forward to watching from the other side of the world. Anyone competing in performance from HHO? The flyball is my personal fave to watch..

Love

Visit site
Potential numpty question but just looking on the website at the breed judging timetable - if there is no time does that mean there isn't one yet? or have they not updated the page yet?

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Everyone starts at 9am unless there’s an early or late start noted. Where there’s more then one breed in a ring, the second breed starts when the first has finished - you can get a very rough estimate of when this will be from the entry numbers, allowing about two minutes per dog, plus time faffing about taking pictures of the winners etc.

(Yes we are in after another breed and resentful of it 😬)

druid

Visit site
Everyone starts at 9am unless there’s an early or late start noted. Where there’s more then one breed in a ring, the second breed starts when the first has finished - you can get a very rough estimate of when this will be from the entry numbers, allowing about two minutes per dog, plus time faffing about taking pictures of the winners etc.

Are you always second in or does it rotate? Some breeds seem to have a set alternating year of first or second in.

druid

Visit site
We rotate every year so it's fair, it's only that it's always chows and they leave big clumps of orange hair on the carpet!

Unlike non CC who are always last!

Spaniels are an early start and probably still not finished by 4 given the entry!

Love

Visit site

Thank you! Either reading it wrong or not all times there on their website. Want to catch the GWPs in hall 4 but doesn’t seem to be any times at all for 4 and no competitor numbers that I can see.

Last edited:

Love

Visit site
No early or late times marked for them so ring 16, 9am start. :) 35 dogs making 42 entries
Ah of course that makes sense now! I did read the 9am start part you said originally but apparently it didn’t compute 🙈 thanks for the entry number! Should be able to make it for at least some of them

EllieBeast

Visit site
I was trying to work out the same! We’re 3rd breed in the ring (always last due to lack of cc’s!) a total of 119 entries before us.
So a 9am start means GLPs shouldn’t be in before 1pm? I really hope it’s a bit later than that! 🙈 I’m sure it usually is!