Daft passport names

Pippity

Visit site
Whoever came up with my mare's name evidently thought she looked a bit butch and decided to make it obvious she's a LADY - Miss Lady Blue. (And if you can subtly hint that she might be related to Our Cashel Blue in the process...)

As we already have a Blue on the yard, she goes by Big Blue, Blue Baloo, Blue Moo, or Grumpy Tart.

oldie48

Visit site
My PRE is called Camaron, apparently meaning shrimp in Spanish :oops:, I cannot imagine why anyone would want to name a beautiful grey horse after such an ugly and pink creature but a google search revealed that he is not the only one and there are many, many Spanish horses called Camaron!
So his groom came up with a brilliant stable name just by playing with two letters in his name and he now goes by the name of "Macaron". It really suits him because he is small, round and very sweet just like a macaron :D
Perhaps because shrimps are grey before they are cooked, but I agree not very flattering

oldie48

Visit site
We had a lovely Irish pony called An Buachaille Liath, which I am told is
the grey lad in Gaelic. My daughter, whos name is Lydia, was announced as she went into the SJ ring as Liyola on the pony with the unpronounceable name. Our next horse did not have a registered name, he was also irish, a big chestnut gelding by Ricardo Z, we named him Donnrua Rebel as Rebel ll Z was his grandsire, Donnrua means ginger, I think! I was told by someone who had worked at the stud that stood Ricardo Z, that he wasn't very bright and was known on the yard as Retardo Z, apologies as this isn't very PC!