Dealings with Elite Equine and Meadow stables in Essex

eventer11

Visit site
any honest reviews of elite equine and meadow stables in Essex? i had a quick look online and on facebook and its a mixed bag, with some very bad reviews. confused???

Last edited:

Ponymad21

Visit site
I told my friend to not even bother enquiring about one of their horses that she liked, the ad was written badly, calling the horse 14.2 and 15.2 in the same paragraph!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I spent some time a few days ago reading the various reviews. The horrendous reviews FAR outweighed any good things said about Meadow Stables. There are plenty of other places & people you can buy a horse from. From the reviews you should steer well clear of Meadow Stables & anyone associated with them!!!

fairyclare

Visit site
We have 2 horses from them on our yard (in Essex, less than 10 miles from them!) and both are lovely cobby mares, however, neither are what they were advertised or sold as!!
Both green both have novice rider/owners, luckily, they are both so genuine and kind the owners haven't come to any harm.

I would give it a very wide berth OP!!

Nutty Nagster

New User
Visit site
I have seen many horses advertised by this crew over the past few months whilst I’ve been horse hunting. From what I see, most of their horses are under fed, in poor condition and clearly unsound. One who constantly seems to come up is Tyson, who is apparently an ID, but to look at the poor chap looks more like a TB. They seem to so some very bizarre things when showing off their horses, jumping off their saddles, sliding down their rumps, sitting on them with an umbrella and messing about with mini diggers – which is all well and good if the horses aren’t dehydrated and possibly doped at the time of filming. I’ve not viewed any horse that these dealers have advertised, as something just doesn’t seem right to me. Plus all the bad reviews on social media – it’s there for all to see, just Google them or purchase at your peril.

Nellynag

New User
Visit site
These people should be shot with the way they treat their animals!!
I would recommend that anyone looking to buy from them turn on their tail and run a mile.
They buy their horses from the knackers yard. These animals are fit for nothing.
They are underweight and definitely not what they are advertised as!!
They prey on novice horseman that are suckered into buying what they believe is the perfect animal....
Till they get it home and the doping wears off.
I've actually not heard of a single success story from anyone buying from them that isn't their friend. They advertise the animals as ideal for novices. They are not. Alot of the time they are highly dangerous. Just go onto the dodgy dealer sites to check up on them. Please don't part with your money to these evil people.

littlelady26

New User
Visit site
I have read & watched videos of some heartbreaking stories from people who have purchased from these scum of the earth!! Defo would avoid like the plague. And having to ask ur 'customers' to write a good review about you, kind of says something!!!! I've looked at some of their horses on their fb pages and all I see are very poor, lame, sad and underweight beasts.

MrsNorris

Visit site
Have you been on the dodgy dealers facebook page? Tons of stuff about them and their associate Ricky Sawyer on there. I wouldn't touch them with someone else's barge pole personally.

Jach

Visit site
Stay away from them,not had personal experience but have see enough to know they are the worst type of dealer. I have seen heartbreaking videos of horses/ponies in terrible condition and hopping lame, yet they continue to think it's acceptable to treat them as if they were circus horses...waving buckets of mini diggers around them , two riders climbing all over them when in reality they are not fit to take even one rider, dogs in videos clearly tormenting them by snapping at heels etc...don't even mention them standing on them waving umbrellas around! To a novice this may demonstrate a 100% bomb proof horse, to anyone with any knowledge these poor horses are clearly not fit for the purpose! Bone thin, almost toppling over at times, dragging hind legs, drooped heads etc It is distressing to watch some of the videos. Many of their horses are bought from meat man and at sales. Many of their horses have been returned to them as dangerous, or with multiple physical problems. They never offer the return of money but state they will offer another of their poor broken horses. There was a video a short while ago of a woman who was absolutely heartbroken having to have her horse PTS, he was in pain and was dangerous, rather than return to them she bravely took the decision to do the correct thing. They are also known to be threatening and abusive to anyone who dares challenge them. All this is on social media sites if people want to search. You will never see any negative comments on their for sale posts as it is deleted and the poster is blocked, hence all their friends stating what a wonderful horse/pony it is. Sammarie Pheb's blocked list must run into hundreds! They appeal to novice buyers, all their ads state 100% bombproof, perfect to handle, shoe (feet are dreadful as John Archer shoes them himself and he is not a qualified blacksmith,) perfect in stable, safe in traffic and the 100% BS goes on and on. they are complete rogues and I cannot comprehend how they manage to continue in their vile business. They are also associated with Ricky Sawyer who has also received many bad reviews, they pass horses between themselves if having difficulty selling. As stated by Nutty Nagster 'purchase at your peril', you will have an unrideable horse, lose the purchase price, spend £1000s on veterinary care plus you will be angry and heartbroken. Hopefully one day they will receive their just rewards and banned from selling horses. When this day arrives there will be many out of pocket buyers celebrating that justice has finally been done.

Leo Walker

Visit site
(feet are dreadful as John Archer shoes them himself and he is not a qualified blacksmith,)

He does their teeth as well if they have a problem big enough that he deems they need doing.

There is the odd good review, purely because they have such a high turnover the odd good one does pass through. The place is a hell hole, nothing like it looks in the pics. I only wish I had the videos from when I visited, with Sam and Ricky chatting, calling their customers all sorts of vile names!

DollyPentreath

Visit site
Dodgy as they come. I don't often post on here anymore but I'll make an exception for these crooks. I've seen countless sale ads showing lame horses and heard many sob stories. These people are selling extremely lame horses and are completely negligent. They either don't realise the horses are lame and shouldn't be dealing or are deliberately selling horses unfit for use. The sellers just block anyone that raises a concern (I was blocked for pointing out a pony was quite lame behind and should probably see a vet; the reply was 'it's just choppy strides' and I was blocked). They don't use their public pages anymore because of the terrible reviews and the fact they can't make them private. To top it off they just delete bad reviews from their FB page anyway. A girl started an FB page to warn people (there are so many stories of horses being put down) and now the yard owner accuses the poor girl of having a personal vendetta and writing multiple bad reviews under different usernames.

Well, you're welcome to check my history on here Meadowstables I've been around longer than you will be. Hope they're shut down soon to save a few horses and buyers from misery, go elsewhere to buy.

Leo Walker

Visit site
They either don't realise the horses are lame and shouldn't be dealing or are deliberately selling horses unfit for use.

They know full well and they also know exactly who their target market is, and the fact the inexperienced, nervous novice probably wont notice.

A girl started an FB page to warn people (there are so many stories of horses being put down) and now the yard owner accuses the poor girl of having a personal vendetta and writing multiple bad reviews under different usernames.

Being fair, the Facebook group is a total joke and is actually doing them a favour. It is very personal and very hysterical, lots of useful posts, but all overridden by the admins behaviour. At one point they were calling MS/EE to discuss "issues" with them and recording the conversations. When pushed they said they were doing this to get past history on the horses they had sold. Which is ludicrous! They get them from varying dodgy sources but know absolutely bot all about them!

Then there was a huge falling out between the two admins and it got even worse. They posted a video of a horse that MS/EE hadnt had long and then sold. It was a 100% sound horse. There was lots of screaming that it was dog lame and suffering. They posted a few seconds video of it warming up, in bandages, on rough, very wet ground making lots of noise about it being dog lame with a congenital illness, and thats despite the new owner joining the group and saying how pleased she was with the horse. The horse in question then went on to be successful in a HOYs qualifier.

There are enough horror stories without them going after things like that. I left the group at that point as it was embarrassing for all concerned!

wildwest

Visit site
Avoid, my husband is a behavioural trainer and a lot of his clients horses come from there :( all with kissing spines and behaviour issues.

Fleas

New User
Visit site
Jach and DollyPentreath have hit the nail on the head with these morons. I know of 3 dodges they have sold locally, one was pts after 6months.
Steer well clear, they are true scum and pass off every one of their broken down horses as 'super safe' 'bombproof' etc etc which is far from the case as they are dehydrated then 'worked' by the imbeciles that work for these scum - look out for their associates, Ricky, Lucie, Paris, Michael... too as clearly they cant see or feel that these knacker horses are clearly lame and/or in pain, but are happy to lie to your face that they are 'amazing' sound sensible horses and Pratt around on their backs doing the most idiotic things.
Sam and Jay (or John as he changes his name just as often) changes their names, ages and breed, ask to look in the horses passport, it's usually fake or from a different animal altogether. Don't line their pockets, go elsewhere and do a lot of research first, these reviews are coming from a long line of people who have wised up to their game and would not go anywhere near them with a disinfected jump pole. Watch their videos closely and turn the sound up ;)

Michala

New User
Visit site
Outstanding ccjs against them prompted yet more name changes. Pheby became pheb, John became Jay and company has changed names several times. The only people who stick up for them are their equally dodgy friends or the lucky few who weren't shafted by them. Anyone in any doubt just look at the videos they post of unsound, underweight horses and make your own minds up. They target novices for a reason. Google Sammarie Pheby/Pheb, John/Jay archer, meadow stables, meadow stud archer, meadow stud Wickford, John elitee, Elite Equines, Ricky Moore/Sawyer (selling from there at one point). Jeez - I've kept the name I was born with 🤔

Aquila

Visit site
I have the misfortune of having dealt with these parasites personally. In 2014 I bought a 'safe and bombproof' pony from them for my son, who was a novice rider. They were aware that he was a novice and assured me this pony was 'super safe' and 'anybody's ride' She seemed quiet and docile when we viewed her, so I purchased her with a two week warranty.
Within days of getting her home the pony's behaviour changed drastically. She was sharp, bargey and difficult to handle. I got on her first and despite having ridden for 30 years she put the fear of God in me. I reported it to Jay/John straight away and we agreed to give her a week to settle, even though I wasn't happy with the behaviour I'd seen and knew I'd never trust her with my son. During the week she went from bad to worse so I called Jay to ask to return her under the warranty. Despite leaving several messages he didn't get back to me, but I eventually got a phone call from his delightful wife Sammarie Pheb/Pheby who hurled abuse and foul language down the phone and told me if i didn't shut the F up I was going to 'get it' Charming.
I have since met somebody who used to transport horses for them, who told me that they bragged about working to an appointment system so they could withhold water for long enough for the horses to become dehydrated and lethargic in time to be tried by potential buyers. Please please do not deal with these people. They are the lowest form of humanity I have ever encountered.

The wife

Visit site
I haven't had any personal dealings with her, although did inquire about a beautiful dun Section C gelding she had for sale a fortnight ago. Something didn't feel right when I spoke to her on the phone about him. After a bit of Facebook stalking, I saw a post on Sammarie (whatever her name is) a few days prior saying how pleased she is the pony is 'home' and how she wished she had never sold him, 3 days later he is up for sale... Did a bit more digging and found out they are not very pleasant people to deal with. There is a Facebook page set up called Meadowstables The Truth with 3000 odd members, check it out, this will give you what you need to know about the set-up. Quite worrying really.

Feival

Visit site
Last week he sold a horse without checking the person he got it from owned it, and wont tell the true owner where it has gone. The horse was Ezra.

ambybucksgal

New User
Visit site
Hi I'm the girl that set up the group on Facebook for all the people who have been stung by these two planks . Sammarie pheb continues to blame me for her loss of sales .unfortunately the truth speaks for itself. She now claims that I have written all these messages on here .and that I am jealous of her life LOL . I personally have been bullied and attacked by her .most recently she set up a fake Facebook account and messaged me stating that she was going to ring the social services and get my son taken off me . I personally couldn't give a toss what she does my son is well loved and looked after .clearly she feels the need to bring my child into her personal life .shows what a sick and twisted cow she really is

Aquila

Visit site
Shooting Star - Many of us have heard this thread is running, as Sammarie herself has kicked up a fuss and drawn attention to it. So those who have genuine stories to tell have felt compelled to join this forum and share them, hence the many new members on this thread. Believe me, if you'd had dealings with these people you wouldn't want your worst enemy to suffer the same fate. It's really not a joking matter, or something to be taken lightly.

Last edited:

DollyPentreath

Visit site
Wow - 5 brand new first time posters on this in 24hrs, amazing coincidence or ....?;)

Feel free to check out my history.. I've been here a loooooonng time. All my comments are based on the horrendously lame horses I've seen advertised, the awful stories I've read and the venom the woman spouts. I've no axe to grind, just the welfare of horses (and novice buyers) in mind.

kinnygirl1

Visit site
I am a member of one dodgy dealer pages on fb and these names come up a lot from lots of different members so I don't think its a witch hunt. I would avoid at all costs.