Dealings with Elite Equine and Meadow stables in Essex

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Not everyone is on Facebook....

I actually rang her up after looking at a very plausible advert. She came across very well on the phone. The horse looked fine.

I did look her up on FB, and subsequently cancelled the appointment, and I dare say that, from what people have said about the yard, I would have turned tail and run once I got there. But, if I hadn't got facebook, I wouldn't have known until then.

In the interests of research, I did google the phrase you suggested. This was the 2nd result...

https://www.meadowstables.co.uk/reviews

I'm not saying that the information isn't out there, just that being so harsh after someone already made the mistake isn't polite, necessary or helpful.

Whilst I agree with your last sentence, I don't do FB and I know how dodgy she is!

I'm Dun

Visit site
Not everyone is on Facebook....

I actually rang her up after looking at a very plausible advert. She came across very well on the phone. The horse looked fine.

I did look her up on FB, and subsequently cancelled the appointment, and I dare say that, from what people have said about the yard, I would have turned tail and run once I got there. But, if I hadn't got facebook, I wouldn't have known until then.

In the interests of research, I did google the phrase you suggested. This was the 2nd result...

https://www.meadowstables.co.uk/reviews

I'm not saying that the information isn't out there, just that being so harsh after someone already made the mistake isn't polite, necessary or helpful.

Her google reviews are terrible as well and come up right at the top when you google. Clearly not all bad, but anyone who has a 2.7 needs to be avoided at all costs

reviews

Chuffy99

Visit site
Good point about FB but she’s come on here and if you’re buying unseen as per skint1’s post you need to do even simple checks to protect yourself

skint1

Visit site
They put the pressure on a buyer to make a quick decision and vet later during the "trial period" they say they have lots of interest and it will be gone by time you get there and it's a hard to find type, and the adverts are aimed at novice owner/riders who are probably all struggling to find the unicorn of horses, and wow there's a whole stable full of them in every shape and size being sold with guarantees and trials! I can see how it happens. And, going back to earlier conversations we've had on here... people who don't take responsibility for their lame or otherwise troubled horses are the people who help feed this miserable industry.

Becca0108

New User
Visit site
Sidneys story

There are 2 things that I want to gain from sharing my amazing boys story. First one is the spread the word on Sam Pheby and everyone who sells on her behalf, they should not be selling horses, they have no morals and couldn't careless about the health and wellbeing of the animals they are selling. The second is to get the word out about CPL. I had never heard of it before I had Sid, it isn't a greatly recognised condition but it needs to be. If its caught early enough it is easier to be able to manage it and stop the horses with the condition breeding to stop it being passed on to the next generation of these beautiful animals.

Sidney aka Lotus du Monty was advertised by Brook Gaylor on behalf of Sam Pheby at Meadow lane, Wickford, Essex. He was advertised as a 16hh 6 year old Belgian draft, he was suppose to be fully broken in, good to handle on the ground, up to date with his teeth and feet.
When Sid arrived to me on 15/12/2021 his feet were in a right state and I couldn't get him to pick them up at all, I had the dentist out to check his teeth and they hadn't been done, from his passport he was actually only 5 years old and when I measured him he came up at 15.2hh not 16hh. I wasn't very impressed by all of this but I thought I can live with it, its all workable. He was the kindest most gentle horse I had ever met, he had such a gentle soul and a kind eye. We worked together, using positive reinforcement on getting him to pick his feet up. Once we are able to do this I got my Equine Podiatrist out to do his feet and she believed that he had been allowed to get very long hooves which had then been aggressively trimmed leaving very little for her to be able to do. Again, this was workable, it would take time but we could get his feet to where they needed to be.
Within the first few days of Sidney arriving he went lame. I got the vet out who suspected it was a lameness that had been going on for a while due to the fact that he was swinging his right hind rather than flexing it and she put him on bute for 10 days and to see how he was after that. He went sound but I had a gut feeling that there was still something wrong with his legs so decided to clip his amazing feathers off. I was truly shocked by what I found under the feathers. He had a severe case of Chronic Progressive Lymphoedema (CPL). This is a lifelong disease that affects draft horses with feather. CPL is a failing of the lymphatics in the lower legs and there is no cure. I contacted Brook on several occasions to inform her of the issues that i was having and i ended up being blocked by her when i told her about his CPL. This is where I started doing alot of research into it and came across the Facebook page dedicated to CPL and found the wonderful admin and the amazing Rebecka at equilymph. I changed his diet to low sugar and starch, kept his legs clipped, treated any sores, put him on a track system, started exercising him and contacted Rebecka to get some double wraps made for his legs. I did everything within my power to try and hault the progression of the CPL.
When I started to ride Sid I very quickly found out that he had infact not been properly broken, he had no idea what I was asking him to do when I was on his back. Que lots of tears and frustration, this was just another thing that proved he was not the horse I thought I was buying. We found a brilliant equestrian coach and decided that we would start Sid from the beginning with his education and together we would get to where we wanted to be. I started long reining him, my 1st aim with sid was to simply be able to hack him around the field or down to the farm, this might not sound like much but when we first started he wouldn't move more than 2 steps and would constantly plant himself and refuse to move. After alot of time, effort, money and tears we got there. We got to a point where we could walk around the field, it felt amazing not only being back in the saddle again but being there with a horse I had brought on from the very beginning myself. He went down with a hoof abscess but we treated it and he went sound again, what a relief. We started trying to work in trot and thats when I knew something really wasn't right, he was very clearly lame again. I got my vet out to see him again. In the 2 days between booking for her to come out and her coming out he had gone lame in walk too. The prognosis was not good but I couldn't give up on him, she put him on bute and I decided I would give him a month to see if the double wraps made a difference and to see if it might be something that would right itself like it did when I 1st got him. The wraps started reducing the CPL but it wasn't enough, my beautiful boy was still in pain, even when standing he wasn't comfortable so I made the heartbreaking decision to get him out of pain once and for all and have him put to sleep on 24/5/22. I had so many sleepless nights and tears cried trying to make this decision but I know 100% that it was the right thing to follow the vets advice and get him out of pain.

I only had Sidney for 6 months but the journey we went on together was an amazing yet heartbreaking one. He should never have been sold to me. I spent alot of money trying to get him better but no amount of money I threw at it was going to help. I have lost nearly £7000 on by having Sid in my life and this is a devastating amount of money for anyone to lose but I would spend the same amount again just to be able to have this amazing boy in my life for the amount of years he was suppose to be. Yes I have lost alot of money but the heartbreak I have felt by losing my boy is worse than any amount of money I could lose.

https://www.facebook.com/727031490/...aETd8kz2KDChdxoXnj7gfsAWMnPmYufK3yhWLbcLLopl/

Lady Tinseltime

Visit site
Sidneys story

There are 2 things that I want to gain from sharing my amazing boys story. First one is the spread the word on Sam Pheby and everyone who sells on her behalf, they should not be selling horses, they have no morals and couldn't careless about the health and wellbeing of the animals they are selling. The second is to get the word out about CPL. I had never heard of it before I had Sid, it isn't a greatly recognised condition but it needs to be. If its caught early enough it is easier to be able to manage it and stop the horses with the condition breeding to stop it being passed on to the next generation of these beautiful animals.

Sidney aka Lotus du Monty was advertised by Brook Gaylor on behalf of Sam Pheby at Meadow lane, Wickford, Essex. He was advertised as a 16hh 6 year old Belgian draft, he was suppose to be fully broken in, good to handle on the ground, up to date with his teeth and feet.
When Sid arrived to me on 15/12/2021 his feet were in a right state and I couldn't get him to pick them up at all, I had the dentist out to check his teeth and they hadn't been done, from his passport he was actually only 5 years old and when I measured him he came up at 15.2hh not 16hh. I wasn't very impressed by all of this but I thought I can live with it, its all workable. He was the kindest most gentle horse I had ever met, he had such a gentle soul and a kind eye. We worked together, using positive reinforcement on getting him to pick his feet up. Once we are able to do this I got my Equine Podiatrist out to do his feet and she believed that he had been allowed to get very long hooves which had then been aggressively trimmed leaving very little for her to be able to do. Again, this was workable, it would take time but we could get his feet to where they needed to be.
Within the first few days of Sidney arriving he went lame. I got the vet out who suspected it was a lameness that had been going on for a while due to the fact that he was swinging his right hind rather than flexing it and she put him on bute for 10 days and to see how he was after that. He went sound but I had a gut feeling that there was still something wrong with his legs so decided to clip his amazing feathers off. I was truly shocked by what I found under the feathers. He had a severe case of Chronic Progressive Lymphoedema (CPL). This is a lifelong disease that affects draft horses with feather. CPL is a failing of the lymphatics in the lower legs and there is no cure. I contacted Brook on several occasions to inform her of the issues that i was having and i ended up being blocked by her when i told her about his CPL. This is where I started doing alot of research into it and came across the Facebook page dedicated to CPL and found the wonderful admin and the amazing Rebecka at equilymph. I changed his diet to low sugar and starch, kept his legs clipped, treated any sores, put him on a track system, started exercising him and contacted Rebecka to get some double wraps made for his legs. I did everything within my power to try and hault the progression of the CPL.
When I started to ride Sid I very quickly found out that he had infact not been properly broken, he had no idea what I was asking him to do when I was on his back. Que lots of tears and frustration, this was just another thing that proved he was not the horse I thought I was buying. We found a brilliant equestrian coach and decided that we would start Sid from the beginning with his education and together we would get to where we wanted to be. I started long reining him, my 1st aim with sid was to simply be able to hack him around the field or down to the farm, this might not sound like much but when we first started he wouldn't move more than 2 steps and would constantly plant himself and refuse to move. After alot of time, effort, money and tears we got there. We got to a point where we could walk around the field, it felt amazing not only being back in the saddle again but being there with a horse I had brought on from the very beginning myself. He went down with a hoof abscess but we treated it and he went sound again, what a relief. We started trying to work in trot and thats when I knew something really wasn't right, he was very clearly lame again. I got my vet out to see him again. In the 2 days between booking for her to come out and her coming out he had gone lame in walk too. The prognosis was not good but I couldn't give up on him, she put him on bute and I decided I would give him a month to see if the double wraps made a difference and to see if it might be something that would right itself like it did when I 1st got him. The wraps started reducing the CPL but it wasn't enough, my beautiful boy was still in pain, even when standing he wasn't comfortable so I made the heartbreaking decision to get him out of pain once and for all and have him put to sleep on 24/5/22. I had so many sleepless nights and tears cried trying to make this decision but I know 100% that it was the right thing to follow the vets advice and get him out of pain.

I only had Sidney for 6 months but the journey we went on together was an amazing yet heartbreaking one. He should never have been sold to me. I spent alot of money trying to get him better but no amount of money I threw at it was going to help. I have lost nearly £7000 on by having Sid in my life and this is a devastating amount of money for anyone to lose but I would spend the same amount again just to be able to have this amazing boy in my life for the amount of years he was suppose to be. Yes I have lost alot of money but the heartbreak I have felt by losing my boy is worse than any amount of money I could lose.

https://www.facebook.com/727031490/...aETd8kz2KDChdxoXnj7gfsAWMnPmYufK3yhWLbcLLopl/
So sorry you have been conned by this awful woman. You are not the first.

skint1

Visit site
I am so sorry for you and for Sidney, how utterly heartbreaking. It's a sin that he ended up with them but how lucky was he to land with someone who actually cared and actually tried to help him, I am sorry that you couldn't have more time together xxx