Disgusted with Frogpool manor .com

liveryblues

Visit site
I am absolutely disgusted with Frogpool manor and will never buy from them again. I ordered 3 pairs of breeches last week, I missed the delivery man then had to wait 2 days to collect them as he had taken them to a local-ish post office for me to collect. Said post office is only partime!
I collected the parcel in a rush ( onway to horses etc).
Anyway I get home turn parcel over to find that although not very noticable as parcel is long and flat that it hasnt been sealed properly. It was one of them blue mail order thick polythene bags that are impossible to open where they have been sealed without tearing. I usually open with scissors. Inside there is only one pair of breeches but the invoice says three?
I phone Frogpool immediately and they confirm that three were sent. I explain I have only one pair and that the parcel was not sealed properly and offer to send pics of the parcel etc.
Lady at frogpool says great.. send pics we will raise it with parcel force etc, it could take upto a couple of weeks to get money back.
Now this is were I get really annoyed! Lady phones back the next day after receiving pics to say... she has raised it with parcel force and they will not accept liability because I should not have signed for a damaged parcel. I say the parcel was not damaged ( I had allready explained this) but on getting it home and turning it over, it clearly hadnt been sealed properly. The sticky strip was lying flat to the parcel but has clearly not adhered. Lady then says she is really sorry but there is nothing they can do. So in other words I am now over £110 out of pocket for items I did not recieve but have paid for. I have offered to send them the parcel packaging so they can see for themselves it was not sealed (this of course would make them liable as the parcel was not damaged in transit more sent out without being sealed properly)
They maintain they would not send a parcel out like that, even thought I can prove it.
I am disgusted as I have paid for three pairs but have recieved one.
Frogpool are refusing to refund me :( I am gutted :( I now cant afford to replace the others & instead of three new breeches which I desperately needed, I have only one.
Cookies & ice cream for getting this far. I should of titled it massive rant!

Suzie86

Visit site
That's rubbish for you :( but...... I guess maybe she is right and because you signed for it you accepted the goods as they were?

kerilli

Visit site
take photos of the bag as it is, and keep pushing. put it all in writing etc. they want to you give up... i wouldn't. good luck.
that is terrible customer service and i for one will avoid them from now on.

liveryblues

Visit site
I didnt even notice till I got home, it wasnt obvious! I think they should accept responsibility as they did not seal it properly. I have the parcel to prove this.They are a huge company. Its not my fault either and I dont think I should be out of pocket for someone else's mistake.

Capriole

Visit site
I know when *Ive* had to collect parcels from the PO, or depots etc., Ive had to sign BEFORE I got the parcel..I sign for it, they go off and find it, they hand it to me...done.

How can they say youve accepted it damaged by signing for it when you dont get the parcel handed over UNTIL youve signed for it, therefore you woudlnt know it was damaged?

Syrah

Visit site
That's bad customer service.

How did you pay?

If by credit card, give them a ring and see if they'll do a chargeback.

If by PayPal, raise a dispute via that payment.

zoon

Visit site
Frogpool have now been bought by Speedgate - maybe see if you can contact someone on that side and see if they are more helpful?

onemoretime

Visit site
If you paid by credit card ring them immediately or paypal and take it up with them. Also write to the Hollands family at Speedgate Farm Fawkham Kent as it is their business. I live not far from them and have done business with them for years and always found them very good. As Kerilli says dont give up on it keep perservering. PM me if you want any further details re the Holland's and Speedgate.

StableMum

Visit site
That's bad customer service.

How did you pay?

If by credit card, give them a ring and see if they'll do a chargeback.

If by PayPal, raise a dispute via that payment.

There is also something called Chargeback if you paid by debit card whereby you can claim the money back off your Bank - Google will provide the finer details. Good Luck.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
good luck, chargeback does work, it's all such a pain in the a*** tho. Maybe suggest to Frogpool that they have a look at this forum too, does tend to do the trick ;)

Natch

Visit site
Do carry on kicking off. I echo what others say about chargeback, if it was bought on credit card they are jointly liable by law, although reportedly they can be funny to deal with over getting money back. To be honest I would get advice from cab, demand to speak to managers at frogpool, make an issue of poor customer service (sometimes companies will meet your needs if you complain about customer service even if they wont admit liability) and generally be a thorn in their side until it becomes easier to help than to hinder you ;)

Natch

Visit site
Ps take names each time you speak to them and record date time and what conversation was about. Send them photos of incorrectly sealed package and suggest they try in the office to open one that has been correctly sealed like that.

Kaylum

Visit site
Try weighing the package and check against postage charge?

Agree with this and also people are right about signing before you are handed the package, therefore you are not given the chance to see if it is damaged or not.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
I have stopped going to Frogpool because of several stories I have heard about them. A friend had stitching come undone on a new bridle and had a hell of a problem getting it sorted. i stick to my local shop when I can! They even let me take horse food home when I turned up without my purse because they knew me.

shadowboy

Visit site
I too don't use Frogpool because their customer service is shocking. I also find them to be short and sharp over the phone (I had an order than took ages to arrive) and so don't use them. Poor customer service will loose them business - far more cost to them than the two breeches! They should consider their long term economies more. I'm not a fan of the company and won't buy from them.

liveryblues

Visit site
Just been to bank, no help at all! Not going to let it drop, they advised me to go to trading standards. I will keep the parcel wrapping as proof that the parcel was not sealed and see what they have to say about it!

Olliecp77

Visit site
I've used frogpool for years and spent a small fortune with them and found them really really helpful until speedgate took over which is a shame. I returned a broken item as they had agreed to refund and as I used them so much I said put the refund on to my account rather than hassle of a cheque. Speedgate had no record of this - I had a chain of emails and it took months of chasing and re-chasing but got it sorted - thank god I had emails. They did just want me to give up and this was only a tiny amount - was more the principle of how much I had spent over the years regularly. I won't use them now and its a shame as the site was good, service was excellent and good deals.
I would raise a complaint on line with royal mail - I sent a bit back and it never arrived at some company and managed to get a refund after a lot of chasing again - I think it was something to do with items up to £100 IIRC would be refunded - few years back but it may be another option.

liveryblues

Visit site
Hmm I think I will phone royal mail myself to see if I am being fobbed off? It is a real shame as I too have used Frogpool many times over the years & spent lots, never had a problem, to be treated like this now really is poor :(
I will take my custom else where in future.

POLLDARK

Visit site
When receiving a parcel that I must sign for & haven't time or chance to check out I always write on the form 'Contents & parcel not examined, just received' Then I sign. Don't know if it would help at the end of the day but can do no harm.

liveryblues

Visit site
That is a really good point Polldark! One which I will definitely be using in the future, never even crossed my mind to write not checked as nothing like this has ever happened before, I have always received what I have ordered. Will not get caught out again though! xx

Visit site
I'm new here and this is my first post. :D

I'd email them a formal complaint letter and say you signed for a package. But at that point of knowing what was in the package. Goods were not received as deicribed. i.e. invoice says 3 and only 1 present. Not with this company but I did once pay by debit card for items that were not delivered correctly. I ordered two and they only delivered one. After lots of haggling, they did refund my money but Barclays had said after a 30 days they would claim the money back for me. The link below contains advice and template letter etc.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_195923

this is good too

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_world/consumer_affairs/buying_goods_your_rights.htm

You ordered something, signed for package -but the package was not correct. They did not deliver the correct good to you. This is the line I would take. I'd get the name of the MD of the company too (demand this when you ring them, or google them).

Good luck

dressagelove

Visit site
This thread has made me hesitate!

I was going to buy an albion legend dressage girth off frogpool as get this; EVERYWHERE else it is £110 - £120, frogpool are selling it for £45!!! It is so much cheaper and is defo the same girth! but i have read a few bad reviews about frogpool.... do i risk it!!?

kal40

Visit site
Yes. You might get bargain and if you hve a problem then you have all this ^^^ advice on how to sort it

liveryblues

Visit site
I wouldnt jump in and say no hayley as I have ordered in the past with no problem. However this current experience of mine would stop me ever using them again. I dont expect that everyone has a problem, I havent in the past. All I would say is I hope no one else receives the same poor customer service that I have.... Be warned!

mymare

Visit site
God they sound like a nightmare! Don't back down, make sure you get your money back. Either speak to Trading Standards or CAB. Good luck!

As someone else also said, point them in the direction of this thread!! ;) Or email them with the link. Bad customer service = bad advertising!