Do you look good on a horse?

skint1

Visit site
It's kind of a vain thing to worry about of course, but I really don't look good on a horse. i am torn between wanting to see photos of myself on my lovely girl to see if we look different to when we first started together, we have both lost weigh and got fitter, and I hope maybe I look a bit more like I belong on a horse maybe.... On seeing photos I'm left thinking I should just never allow any photos to be taken of me ever but especially on a horse :) because I really don't look any better! I can't decide if it's because I have stubby little legs, a long body, a fat neck, a flat face, the body protector not helping or some combination thereof, anyway, nothing I can do about it, love my horse and love riding, so I am not going to think about it anymore :)

I am not going to post any myself but if you want to post your best and worst that is fine by me,

Noodles_3

Visit site
Nope! I always look crap lol. Because I am quite small I just look short and compact and I always want to look long and lean on a horse lol. Jodhpurs don't flatter me either and make me look curvier!

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
No, I look awful - short, fat legs, body protector making me look oh so slim and elegant, slumped like a cowboy, with a stupid grin on my face, and arms round my pony's neck hugging him because I love him so much - but I don't really care! :D

Capriole

Visit site
If chubby red faced short-ar$es are what you think looks good, then I look A-MAZE-ING. Otherwise no. My horse is photogenic though :D

_GG_

Visit site
Nah...I don't and I don't really care. I need to lose a bit more weight again but my two are more than capable of carrying me but I look at my worst when on a horse, lol. Belly stick out, extra chin looks really obvious and...oh well...the horses and OH love me :)

Qru

Visit site
I feel that I tend to look OK weight/height wise but I always have an appalling facial expression so I end up with a lot of pictures looking like the headless horseman. I guess photographers think my horse is far more attractive :rolleyes:

59F627E7-6FA0-458C-A21B-31A7A806AB82-899-0000009F96436912_zpsaec8147f.jpg

1BF19B59-4C60-4581-B5ED-578885995F2B-899-0000009F80170640_zps7ea695b1.jpg

:D

Last edited:

MileAMinute

Visit site
No! I look at pics on here and watch Youtube vids of all these slender amazing riders and plan to look like that the next time the camera is out.
I look far from it!

L&M

Visit site
No - despite years of horse ownership and countless lessons, I still look like a sack of '*****e'.................!!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Nope, never. I can't change my skeleton so even when severely underweight I still have a huge ribcage, long back and short legs. My daughters who are both around the same height as me are each more than 2" longer in the leg and shorter in the spine than I am and a foot smaller round the ribs!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Most people will not like themselves in a pic. But the more you look the more you think actually that's not too bad. Just get some pics and look carefully before you bin them, if you want to, you might be surprised :)

Bernster

Visit site
Not something I've ever given any thought to.
Generally more concerned with does the horse look good when I'm riding it.;)

Ah, now that's a sensible way to look at it!

I also hate seeing pics or vids but I try very hard to focus on how the horse is going and reacting to how I'm riding, rather than beat myself up about how I look in that sense.

Of course, I can't help that annoying little inner voice commenting on my wobbly legs, rear end and flappy feet but what does she know eh?!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Most people will not like themselves in a pic. But the more you look the more you think actually that's not too bad. Just get some pics and look carefully before you bin them, if you want to, you might be surprised :)

Opposite problem - I like them at first glance, but over time notice all the flaws and they take over the picture. Thus I generally think I look awful (but Fergs is lovely so I post them everywhere anyway...).

SCMSL

Visit site
I always look terrible! My hair is all over the place, my legs look twice as fat and I have the terrible habit of biting on my lower lip while riding, which means I always have some very artistic face expressions... not! -.-

Oh well, the good part is the horse always looks pretty perfect :D

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Opposite problem - I like them at first glance, but over time notice all the flaws and they take over the picture. Thus I generally think I look awful (but Fergs is lovely so I post them everywhere anyway...).

Hmmm. I think I notice the horrific flaws first (mainly fatness of rider!) then I get over the shock or something :D

One thing op is you need about a million pics to get one you like!

gwniver

Visit site
I always think I look to big for my horse but I love him and I am definitely not selling him so he is stuck with me !!=D
I think everyone's natural reaction is to judge and criticise themselves ;)

Enfys

Visit site
I actually have no idea :) No one takes photos of me, and I don't have mirrors or shop windows anywhere.

Anyway, I have very flashy horses, nobody looks at the rider, all they see is a bay that piaffes and passages everywhere with her tail stuck in the air that snorts like a dragon, or a mini Iberian lookalike with a mane 2' long and legs moving so fast that she looks like a clockwork hovercraft.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Hmmm. I think I notice the horrific flaws first (mainly fatness of rider!) then I get over the shock or something :D

I am horrified by my fatness in photos at first too. Then 6 months later, when I'm even fatter, I look back at them and think "wow I looked so much better then!". Not cool at all!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
My dad took some spectacularly unflattering pics (I wasn't riding) of us at the show last weekend and my diet/exercise plan is now back on track!!!

3Beasties

Visit site
Nope! There are very, very few photos that I actually like of me on a horse......despite hundreds being taken!

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Quite frankly I hate ALL pics of me but I always feel/look fat sat on a horse. Im very tall (5ft 11) and have really long legs (34") but weigh over 15 stone :( Mainly belly and Im working on it but ewwwwww :$

TrasaM

Visit site

Kinda true :eek: I got my RI to take some pics last week at the start of the lesson. My initial reaction was :-O ! But there are few really nice ones .. Well came to that conclusion after I stopped picking fault but I don't half pull some weird faces! I'm trying to pick up the courage to get her to video me next...maybe . .....

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
PMSL :D :D :D

I took my show jacket off last week as it was so hot at the show and I regretted it when I looked at the photos later I wasn't the elegant rider I was hoping to be......jackets hide a multitude sins :eek:

Now doing the 5:2 diet :D

kerrieberry2

Visit site
I look really bad on my mare, I feel okay on her but when I see pics I look hideous! esp when its winter and I've got a size 16 jacket on that fitted me 4 stone ago and a body protector under it! I look like im crushing the poor girl!

I used to look ok on my other horse, she was the same size but had a much bigger body so I didn't look like my feet where hitting her legs haha