Does anyone subscribe to the David Marlin members content?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
not wildly enamoured with subscription things but some of the webinars look really interesting. Curious to know if they are as good as they sound before committing my hard earned £!

milliepops

Visit site
(he seems to be doing things with other folk on these webinars, like there was a Charlie Unwin one recently)

Frumpoon

Visit site
I think he's probably at heart a good person and an advocate for animal welfare but after getting a pasting online from him and one of his business partners/investors for daring to suggest that most equine studies do not even come close to human studies for rigour and governance I won't even entertain anything he says

milliepops

Visit site
I am - I have joined for a specific reason - UV mask results so waiting for those but I find the content interesting and I have asked questions which has been helpful.
thanks LEC good to know.
i saw you can unsubscribe any time so I'll probably join up for this one and see how we go.

TPO

Visit site
I am - I have joined for a specific reason - UV mask results so waiting for those but I find the content interesting and I have asked questions which has been helpful.

Sorry for the hijack.

As in masks for eyes? Nicole Sherwood at Urban Horse School (fb) has imported UV glasses for her blue eyed horse. There was a post about them on fb and a few other replied about UV issues. I think there was a link to Warwick Schiller and his newest blue eyed horse too.

Might be of no interest but these people might be able to share info/experiences/antidotes on the topic

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Sorry for the hijack.

As in masks for eyes? Nicole Sherwood at Urban Horse School (fb) has imported UV glasses for her blue eyed horse. There was a post about them on fb and a few other replied about UV issues. I think there was a link to Warwick Schiller and his newest blue eyed horse too.

Might be of no interest but these people might be able to share info/experiences/antidotes on the topic

I have 2 masks but the results are looking at whether the claims are true by looking at UV protection on several including those with claims of 100%. I am really hoping the two very expensive ones I have for one of the eventers are actually any good. Though one of them is to compete in so not expecting a really great result as its clear with a UV filter but its better than nothing to compete in and at the moment the management seems to be working *touches wood*. There really is very little about on how to manage the competition horse with uveitis and I took most of my learning off TE where one of them competes 3* with a horse with the condition.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
thanks LEC good to know.
i saw you can unsubscribe any time so I'll probably join up for this one and see how we go.
and thats my plan! See how good it is for a month as paid and then decide from there on. I keep meaning to watch the Charlie Unwin ones but need some concentrated time.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
not wildly enamoured with subscription things but some of the webinars look really interesting. Curious to know if they are as good as they sound before committing my hard earned £!

You might want to be aware that the "Cambridge" which he used to use on his research papers is not Cambridge University but a correspondence address of his accountants. This was several years back now, and might have changed.

He has also, in the past, made pseudo scientific claims about horses in stone stables needing more rugging than those in wood stables which were totally unfounded and scientifically incorrect.

So I'd be cautious what credence you give the apparently scientific stuff, but quite a lot of what he writes is interesting.

TPO

Visit site
I have 2 masks but the results are looking at whether the claims are true by looking at UV protection on several including those with claims of 100%. I am really hoping the two very expensive ones I have for one of the eventers are actually any good. Though one of them is to compete in so not expecting a really great result as its clear with a UV filter but its better than nothing to compete in and at the moment the management seems to be working *touches wood*. There really is very little about on how to manage the competition horse with uveitis and I took most of my learning off TE where one of them competes 3* with a horse with the condition.

I have no idea about it, just that it was on my newsfeed and the stallion looks like a dude in his shades for competing

20210705_155349.jpg

Sorry for the hijack

TPO

Visit site
Personally I'm not a fan of his at all and it would pain me to put money in his pockets (but I have previously when I tried his supplements)

I appreciate wanting access to actual experts and DM offers a hassle free way to do that. If there was o other way to access the information that I wanted then I'd sign up to view that talk.

milliepops

Visit site
You might want to be aware that the "Cambridge" which he used to use on his research papers is not Cambridge University but a correspondence address of his accountants. This was several years back now, and might have changed.

He has also, in the past, made pseudo scientific claims about horses in stone stables needing more rugging than those in wood stables which were totally unfounded and scientifically incorrect.

So I'd be cautious what credence you give the apparently scientific stuff, but quite a lot of what he writes is interesting.
as above it's not his content I'm interested in.

milliepops

Visit site
yeah you can sign up for a single month which is what I'll probably do. I thought GT was a good bet so that's useful to know.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
I certainly wouldn't be wasting one cent on anything that Marlin himself puts out, IMHO he is a complete charlatan, an unpopular opinion that I have voiced on here before. But if it gives you access to other data from different sources then it could be a good base to sift through and find what you need, then opt out.

Alibear

Visit site
I am, it's been useful for Charlie Unwin talks, also with leading American PSSM expert and the study on protection provided and heating created by various exercise boots etc. I don't use it as much as I thought I would but that's a time issue, I signed up for 6 months with some birthday money.

Sossigpoker

Visit site
I used to follow him.until a few things happened.
He published his article about how hyperkeratosis (mallenders and sallenders) in horses is caused by mites and kept digging himself deeper and deeper when people picked him up.on this.
He doesn't allow for any criticism from anyone and any criticism is always labeled rude and trolling.
Someone commented on his post and pointed out that he was wrong , stating they were doing a PhD in that topic and gave a well reasoned argument. It was deleted and he started basically bullying that person and ridiculing them.
I asked why he felt it was OK to troll others when he's the first to moan about it- and got promptly blocked.??

The man is a bit of a brat and I certainly wouldn't be lining his pockets.

Casey76

Visit site
He published his article about how hyperkeratosis (mallenders and sallenders) in horses is caused by mites and kept digging himself deeper and deeper when people picked him up.on this.
He doesn't allow for any criticism from anyone and any criticism is always labeled rude and trolling.
Someone commented on his post and pointed out that he was wrong , stating they were doing a PhD in that topic and gave a well reasoned argument. It was deleted and he started basically bullying that person and ridiculing them.
I asked why he felt it was OK to troll others when he's the first to moan about it- and got promptly blocked.??

This. I was publicly called out for saying that I wouldn’t attend a webinar hosted by DM based upon the advertising photo…

The webinar was by a physiotherapist on how movement is therapy, and the photo showed a horse in punitive and dangerous equipment, over flexed and in a pace somewhere between trot and canter. The photo was eventually identified as a random stock photo and not related to the PT in any way. The PT came on the thread and said herself that she didn’t use the equipment in the photo.

I was basically called an idiot by DM choosing whether or not attend the webinar based upon the photo rather than by the name of the PT (I haven’t heard of the PT before).

HBB

Visit site

His hyperkeratosis post really was a bit of a shocker, his overly defensive response was embarrassing. I used to enjoy some of his posts and as his popularity grew, so did his ego, he reminds me of EL from TB.
I unfollowed him too, his constant patronising of anyone who dared to question him was very unpleasant.

milliepops

Visit site
Have you tried contacting the folk whose content you are interested in directly, missing out the rather suspect intermediary?
well yes, and for instance Gillian Tabor sells courses on her website but I'd like to know what I'm signing up for before shelling out even more £££, likewise Charlie Unwin. people don't give away much for free.

I'm happy to fork out £8 for a look round the content for a month tbh. I'm fully up to speed with how DM behaves on FB etc but since almost no one has actually seen the paid for content it's not that helpful in terms of making a decision. I'm thinking I'll just try a one off and reserve judgement on him as a person for that time. Might even learn something ;)

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
well yes, and for instance Gillian Tabor sells courses on her website but I'd like to know what I'm signing up for before shelling out even more £££, likewise Charlie Unwin. people don't give away much for free.

I'm happy to fork out £8 for a look round the content for a month tbh. I'm fully up to speed with how DM behaves on FB etc but since almost no one has actually seen the paid for content it's not that helpful in terms of making a decision. I'm thinking I'll just try a one off and reserve judgement on him as a person for that time. Might even learn something ;)

For the sake of eight quid I'd have just done it without admitting to it on here ? (cannot abide DM).

Let us know if it was worth it ?