Does anyone subscribe to the David Marlin members content?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Think you'd be more than safe with Gillian Tabor op - I listened/watched a zoom based training sesson she did during lockdown and it was fantastic!

Assume you can cancel your sub to the Marlin website?
For the sake of eight quid I'd have just done it without admitting to it on here ? (cannot abide DM).

Let us know if it was worth it ?
An update on Gillian T would be appreciated ?

well just signed out of the webinar and it was indeed very good. Entirely presented by GT, a good mix of science/anatomy and practical applications. Good stuff and well worth it. Given me lots of ideas :) Will definitely be watching some of her other vids before my month is up and some other ones that look equally interesting.

BTW UV mask folk the results are up.

Alibear

Visit site
well i coughed up my pennies and have been listening to a really interesting webinar on developing feel with charlie unwin in the background while I do some boring reports :p no input from Dr Marlin so far ;)

That's one of my repeat visit ones. It's good but rather a lot for me to process. I think it's cheaper this way to get a wide overview from a variety of experts than signing up to everyone's individual online systems.

milliepops

Visit site
That's one of my repeat visit ones. It's good but rather a lot for me to process. I think it's cheaper this way to get a wide overview from a variety of experts than signing up to everyone's individual online systems.
yeah I have finished his presentation but now on the Q&A. there's a lot of content there!

I am pleased I joined, the one Gillian T did today was really informative and useful but she was effectively saying to go ahead and play with a lot of the things I've been thinking of anyway, so i don't feel like I need to spend anything on other stuff :D

Lady Jane

Visit site
Re hay soaking: I have heard so many different views, Dr DM, my vet and others. How do we know who is right? And it varies on the hay you start with!!!! I think you have to use some of your own common sense and judgement but I would prefer a definitive answer....

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Unless you are going to test every bale of hay you will never know what the sugar content is and there are so many theories. Some vets say 12 hours, some say a couple so if in doubt go for the maximum and rinse thoroughly.

vanrim

Visit site
He is an arrogant bullish bore who will not engage even in polite discussion unless you totally agree with anything he says 100%. He was bashing the Equibione faecal test that had become available to the general public (previously only affordable for researchers). When I very politely just said that I had used it and had found it very useful, he blocked me from his Facebook page and then got me blocked from a ppid page I had been on for years - I had no idea but apparently he is friends with whoever runs it. His reaction was totally over the top in my opinion.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
He was bashing the Equibione faecal test that had become available to the general public (previously only affordable for researchers).
Really? The Equibiome test was recommended to me by two vets for my mare. The results and ongoing improvement after adopting the suggested dietary changes have been very interesting.

Why on earth can't he just enter into informed debate about topics, rather than ranting and blocking people? It makes anything he publishes utterly suspect ?‍♀️.

MP, I'm glad to hear that you are finding the webinars interesting.

Frumpoon

Visit site
He is an arrogant bullish bore who will not engage even in polite discussion unless you totally agree with anything he says 100%. He was bashing the Equibione faecal test that had become available to the general public (previously only affordable for researchers). When I very politely just said that I had used it and had found it very useful, he blocked me from his Facebook page and then got me blocked from a ppid page I had been on for years - I had no idea but apparently he is friends with whoever runs it. His reaction was totally over the top in my opinion.

Try not to take it personally, a lot of us have had the same treatment

milliepops

Visit site
the ones where he doesn't have a dog in the fight seem totally different. the sports psychology type ones and the physio/biomechanics ones have no sales pitch behind them.

SEL

Visit site
Really? The Equibiome test was recommended to me by two vets for my mare. The results and ongoing improvement after adopting the suggested dietary changes have been very interesting.

Why on earth can't he just enter into informed debate about topics, rather than ranting and blocking people? It makes anything he publishes utterly suspect ?‍♀️.

He took me off 3 groups for saying the Equibiome test was worthwhile but early stages. I also quoted a human consultant who said in years to come they thought we'd get bespoke advice based on biome reports. He disagreed so zapped me!

Bet MP is wishing she hadn't opened up this can of worms ?

milliepops

Visit site
nah I knew there would be plenty of stuff on him as a person, considered pre-empting in my OP but figured it would be pointless ;) just hoped there might be a leeeeettle bit more about whether anyone had paid £8 for some videos by other people! :p anyway now i know!

Zuzan

Visit site
What I don't understand is how he has the nerve to charge people for the webinars when there are others as expert as him who do this without charging .. I'm gently working through the huge library Wendy Murdoch has .. many are about her product but there are also many that aren't.

Considering his main source of income wont be the webinars it seems quite exploitative especially when he asks people to contribute to his surveys / provide the data.

ETA if anyone is interested Wehorse have an upcoming webinar with Karen Rohlf .. which is free.

Frumpoon

Visit site
What I don't understand is how he has the nerve to charge people for the webinars when there are others as expert as him who do this without charging .. I'm gently working through the huge library Wendy Murdoch has .. many are about her product but there are also many that aren't.

Considering his main source of income wont be the webinars it seems quite exploitative especially when he asks people to contribute to his surveys / provide the data.

ETA if anyone is interested Wehorse have an upcoming webinar with Karen Rohlf .. which is free.

The same reason he has the nerve to set up ‘clinical trials’ (I use the term in the loosest possible sense) that support the use of the supplements his own company produces

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk

It smacks of personal vendetta, and not the first apparent one against a well respected company that I've come across.

GoldenWillow

Visit site
Bringing up this thread as wondered if you thought the subscription was worth it? He's just done a webinar on something that interests me but I'm not sure if other than that one thing I would get much out of even one months subscription. After reading his comments on here about the stone stable debate I'm also wondering about the value of the content?

milliepops

Visit site
I paid for the month and watched quite a bit so feel i got my money's worth as there was quite a bit that interested me.
I haven't renewed though, mainly because I just don't have a lot of time to watch stuff that you need to pay attention to!