Dog confiscated from family for no good reason...

lochpearl

Visit site
yet the owners have another 14 days, when will this stop for the poor lad? I see a rescue centre has offered him a home but I can't see what life he would have there, quoted 'Our rural rescue is willing to adopt Lennox, keep him safe and away from the general public.'

lochpearl

Visit site
I think for them now it is a hard decision as they have come so far and the 'what ifs' and 'have we done everything in our power to save him'. Unfortunately I thought this would be the outcome and I also thought that the conditions that the dog was kept in would have made even the most saintly dog upset, protective, scared.......... so might not be able to just fit back into normal life.

I just think that it is disgusting that it has taken so long to make this decision and also why the owners have been allowed to pay the license and have had no known problems in all those years and then suddenly he is taken away.

whisp&willow

Visit site
yes but at the same time its not right to just sit back and say- oh well you say he's a pitbull so he must be- just pts then.

its a terrible predicament to be put in. on the one hand you dont want to see your beloved pet suffer in secret kennels for a year, but at the same time you owe it to them to fight for them and try to bring them home. :(

Dobiegirl

Visit site
See this is what i meant- i could not have put a dog of mine through this ordeal.

I agree, I couldnt see one of mine suffer in this way, his food needs may have been met but not his mental & physical needs.

To me this is akin to torture and if he was mine I would have asked him to be pts to save him from this legalized cruelty.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I agree, I couldnt see one of mine suffer in this way, his food needs may have been met but not his mental & physical needs.

To me this is akin to torture and if he was mine I would have asked him to be pts to save him from this legalized cruelty.

I have to agree.

I hope they don't appeal the appeal, and allow the dog to be pts immediately. They can then pursue justice through different avenues.

whisp&willow

Visit site

i agree but at the same time i don't think its right to be dictated to by so called "experts" who can just come along and take your dog away.

it is an awful ordeal for the poor dog to go through. but at the same time i don't think i could just sit back and let them destroy my dog because of how they think she looks.

to me that is an admission of "guilt" to ask for the dog to be put down as soon as seized. :(

its ridiculous! any number of dogs can fit into any number of breed standards!! as long as they meet a certain percentage of these traits they are deemed type. that to me is just sickening.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Be careful if your dog looks anything like Lennox, this ruling has just allowed all councils all over the UK to come for your dog, even if it has done nothing wrong.
THAT is why the family were fighting, not just for Lennox, but for dogs of 'type'.

lexiedhb

Visit site
Be careful if your dog looks anything like Lennox, this ruling has just allowed all councils all over the UK to come for your dog, even if it has done nothing wrong.
THAT is why the family were fighting, not just for Lennox, but for dogs of 'type'.

To be fair CC- they were allowed to that long before this poor dog spent 18 months in less than ideal living conditions.

I understand them fighting, I understand they wanted to make a stand, just personally I would not put my dog through that.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
But he was deemed 'legal' for up to four years before he was seized. The same council handed a license out and took their money, as did the insurers. The vet who microchipped the dog had no concerns, there were no reports of any attacks or bother with this dog.

lexiedhb

Visit site
But he was deemed 'legal' for up to four years before he was seized. The same council handed a license out and took their money, as did the insurers. The vet who microchipped the dog had no concerns, there were no reports of any attacks or bother with this dog.

My understanding is there does not have to be- if a neighbour feels a bit unnerved by living next door to a "type" dog, then the council have "rights".... dog does not actually have to have done anything wrong.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
That was not what happened, believe me and Lennox's death will help hide a large number of procedural cock-ups made before, during and after his seizure. She alleged :rolleyes:

Lady La La

Visit site
Thats just ot, Lennox was always going to be pts. Theres no way the mistakes that were made throughout this sorry state of affairs are going to be aired for the piblic to hear about now.
Lennox is dead, BCC walk away unscathed and a whole load of bullshit is fed to people who dare to ask why this has happened.

lexiedhb

Visit site
That was not what happened, believe me and Lennox's death will help hide a large number of procedural cock-ups made before, during and after his seizure. She alleged :rolleyes:

I did not say that was what happened in this case i was saying that is what CAN happen to any dog some knobber decrees is "of type".

Basically his death is covering the councils ass, as if he were to go home and something were to then happen it would be the councils fault for "letting him out"

Bo**ocks! if you ask me!

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
The warrant for the dog's seizure being made out to an address in a different part of the city being just one. And the wrong type of warrant being used to seize him.
And what about those pics taken on a hidden camera, showing the dog warden who was 'terrified' of Lennox, cuddling him and patting him on the head?
Look, I am not a conspiracy theorist, I have no problem with a dog being put down for behavioural problems, jeez, we've done it ourselves on a couple of occasions, but this whole thing stinks to high heaven.

lexiedhb

Visit site
The warrant for the dog's seizure being made out to an address in a different part of the city being just one. And the wrong type of warrant being used to seize him.
And what about those pics taken on a hidden camera, showing the dog warden who was 'terrified' of Lennox, cuddling him and patting him on the head?
Look, I am not a conspiracy theorist, I have no problem with a dog being put down for behavioural problems, jeez, we've done it ourselves on a couple of occasions, but this whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Quite.

Apparently they can now reappeal- just sen this posted on another forum

"Latest is that they have 21 days to find something to appeal with.

Everyone is trying to drum up as much support as possible.

OK folks, if you want to send an email to your MP you can via this link: www.writetothem.com - you then put in your postcode and it will bring up a list of councillors for your area. There will be a link to write to all your councillors. Click on it and you can send them all an email. Please keep your emails polite and ask/beg them for their help re the Lennox case.

When you submit you need to wait for an email that has a link in it which you will need to click on to activate the message to be sent to your MP.

There is also a list of Belfast Councillors, Dog Wardens, etc on the www.savelennox.co.uk website on the How You Can Help page."

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Thanks for posting that. The official site seems to be down at the mo but that is not surprising given the traffic/editing which will need to be done.
Guys, kick up a stink, this is not just about Lennox!

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Ive emailed Belfast City Council .
As well as appealing for them to see sense Ive also reminded them as to the waste of public money and how the wider world is watching their actions after having previously checked & registered this dog.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Not talking to you DG :p but I would remind everyone getting in contact to keep concise, factual and civil - swearing, abuse and ranting will not help Lennox (sadly our friends from across the pond have not been too helpful in this regard in the past :( )

Dobiegirl

Visit site
CC I can do polite:D and was very careful to be respectful and not allow any emotions to take over my fingers:D.

I think anyone who does otherwise will be doing Lennox a great disservice and our emails will be dismissed out of hand.