Dogs I have met today. Who did you meet?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
We met a lovely looking (show-type) brown Lab dog on our walk yesterday. Owner commented on how well-behaved our 3 all were. We laughed and explained that Almostevery extending lead that Isee is fully extended nomatter wherewe had just had to have a 'behaving yourself' session, as they had wanted to go exploring where we really didn't want them to. :oops:

We also met a Yorkie who was on an extending lead which was *not extended*. We had a brief conversation with the owner as we passed one another on the road.

Almost all the extending leads that I see, no matter where, are fully extended, it was lovely to see one being used correctly

Karran

Visit site
Today we met Over-Amorous Frenchie who's owner doesn't really understand when Mrs Collie curls her lip at him, that she most definitely isn't being friendly.
A OES who triggered Mrs Collie into a screaming fit for daring to look in her direction.
A black GSD which triggered another screaming fit as she thinks they're all out to get her after ParkKnobhead repeatedly let his launch itself at any dog as his doesn't need to be on a lead and it's "just playing" even if it has teeth out and fur up.
Three tiny things of unsure breeding - polite hello sniffs.
An AmStaff puppy (another screaming fit)
A Yorkie
A cavalier KS called Ruby who had a lovely polite game of chase.
And our friends Jasper the wirehaired Viszla and Millie the cavipoo

Last edited:

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
We took ours to the river for a swim/paddle today. Just along the bank was a couple of children playing on a rope swing with a lovely pale yellow Lab dog, playing in the water alongside them. He looked to be about 2 yrs old and his manners were impressive! Ours didn't try to interact with him but we did have to walk reasonably close as we left the field, he knew we were there but he didn't leave his children for a moment. A rather rude greyhound had barked very loudly at him a few minutes earlier and he ignored that too.

skinnydipper

Visit site
We met a black lab who came across to say hi. My girl was on her lead. BL owner said let her off if she would to play - she did, so I did.

Owner said he likes to chase and wrestle.

She bounced about, into the play bow a few times, tried to entice him to chase her, was a complete hussy, but he kept his cool and couldn't be tempted.

I think he thought she was too forward for a first date. Maybe next time.

Last edited:

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
We met a lovely young border collie bitch. The boys ignored her to start with but her owner throwing a ball and her chasing it proved too much of a temptation! Mitch runs like a bouncy little foal, he’s all legs. I wish I’d taken my phone, he’s brilliant to watch.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
My OH said he met an ’odd looking’ dog today, Andrex puppy body, Weimerarner colour. Says he was very confused! I told him about ‘silver labs’. He said he was relieved because he thought he was going mad! Bless. It lives directly behind us. The owner wanted to know where our two big dogs were, OH was taking out the pups.

FinnBobs

Visit site
Funny to hear about all the other short-legged crosses that people are meeting. Our own boy is a rough collie/Jack Russell - very unintentional mating, which produced a whole range of different sized and shaped dogs. Our lad looks like a very lightweight rough collie, but on Jack Russell legs - about 20kg, very long, but very low! In his case, he took on the best of both breeds - very bright, very trainable, more energy and stamina than his poor conformation needs, but can also switch off, affectionate and cuddly without being clingy and needy.

That’s the shame about accidental crossings - there’s never going to be another like them!

Do you have a picture of your dog Firwen30? I am intrigued to see what that cross looks like.

skinnydipper

Visit site
This is cheating a bit because we first met him yesterday but play was a bit half hearted because he couldn't decide if his ball was more important than a game with the big girl.

No indecision today. As soon as he saw her it was a case of "sod the ball" and straight into a full on game of chase and be chased.

She came back to me for a quick breather then back for round two.

Our new friend and playmate is a golden doodle.

Ratface

Visit site
Turn off the audio, I sound mental. They’re both crazily flexible and bend massively. Bear is just like ‘WTAF?!’
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I didn't turn off the audio - you're better than drink/pills etc for a remedy for any shade of gloom! :)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I converted my horse trailer into a coffee box last summer, and have it on my small holding for walkers, cyclists and horse riders. One of my favourite things about it is the fact that lots of customers bring dogs. They all get a dog biscuit on arrival, and regular dogs sit and smile at me the minute they get here! Today was very quiet due to awful weather, but yesterday I met a collie x spaniel, a cocker, four labs, a border, two poodles, and a cocker.

Spotherisk

Visit site
At KC good citizen training this evening, a 6 month bulldog puppy, seven month villa and two year old poodle x, when we came out there were two shelties and a cocker.

the bulldog was starting her first season, she and Rew were very loved up ?

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
We met loads of dogs tonight as it was a nice evening, a very conscientious owner of a busy working cocker who recalled and leashed it when other dogs were passing. I saw a big Golden Retriever bimbling over to all the other dogs and braced myself. When it was finally our turn he took one look at her and went NOPE. He can obviously tell a pair of grumpy bitches when he sees them :p

Equi

Visit site
I met a beautiful little black spaniel today. Her hair was beautiful, shiny, curly and sleek. I had massive hair envy.

FinnBobs

Visit site
Bit tricky to get a good angle which shows his size in comparison to his height!

View attachment 89932
View attachment 89933

Thank you so much. He's absolutely lovely!

I have Rough Collies and my Sister in Law has JRT's - we would never breed them, but that doesn't stop my entire boy from being very interested in trying! luckily her girls are going to be getting spayed. I never could find a picture of a cross between the two though!

Moobli

Visit site
Went for a walk at a disused airfield today and met a very nervous young Lab who ran towards us (I’d put my dogs on lead) and then thought better of it and ran away while it’s owner gently called it to her but it took absolutely no notice. And then similarly a border collie with an elderly chap that kept running a field’s length to look at us and then running off again.

[158444]

Visit site
Last night me and Theo was on a beautiful walk in near woodland with mom and her 6 flatties and we met a lovely rottweiler who was great with all of our dogs he mainly took a shinning to Theo and they played together for a Good 20 mins before Theo got tired , I underestimated rotties they have more energy than I thought either that or Theo is even more chilled than I thought.

Then on the way back this stupid woman was walking a Mastiff type dog ( I'd left mom by this point so it was just me and Theo) started running towards us I shouted to call her dog back but she was useless , Theo was on lead and so I put him behind me immediately and was ready to do anything possible to protect my boy when the rottie came from behind us and made one large very loud bark and the Mastiff stopped in it's tracks and ran back to were it's owner was. It lasted seconds but felt like several minutes.

I have no idea how the rottie was just their as I didn't even know he and his owner were behind us but thank God that rottie was their or God knows what could have happened to Theo

I've also never seen a dog tell another dog off like that either, just so greatful we made friends earlier and that they were walking in our direction

[139672]

Visit site
I saw the weirdest looking dog in a diy store on Saturday. I think it was a bulldog cross staffie. It was that silvery grey of a staffie, had a massive wide head a bit like a staffIe and the most awful legs. He looked like he couldn’t walk very well. His legs were spread very wide apart. Horrible to see ☹️

fiwen30

Visit site
Thank you so much. He's absolutely lovely!

I have Rough Collies and my Sister in Law has JRT's - we would never breed them, but that doesn't stop my entire boy from being very interested in trying! luckily her girls are going to be getting spayed. I never could find a picture of a cross between the two though!

I’ve met 2 of his littermates - 1 looked like my boy, quite fine in the body and with a long but light coat, but with longer, better conformed legs, which made it look like an orange and white border collie, if you didn’t notice the rough collie slope to the head; the other had the same short legs and long body, but was much heavier and with a much thicker, rough collie double coat. Both had the same orange and white markings.

The bitch had been the Jack Russell, and she had a litter of 12, so I would maybe keep an eye on your lot! I would absolutely adore another dog like my lad, but it doesn’t seem quite right to encourage that crossing again!

Equi

Visit site
I saw a pretty cool dog today. Not sure if it was a breed or not. It looked sort of like a Russian terrier head but more labradoodle body, and was Black and Tan coloured like a dobe. Very fluffy but not doodle fluff not quite Russian fluff lol hard to explain.

ArklePig

Visit site
I met a golden retriever/German Shepherd cross. He was golden! But with the thick gsd fur! His tail wagged in my face when I scratched his bum. I don't mean to be dramatic but I'm absolutely smitten and I would die for this dog. I think he loved me back too. I asked if he could come live with me but I think his mum was also smitten so that was a no go ?

Clodagh

Visit site
I met a golden retriever/German Shepherd cross. He was golden! But with the thick gsd fur! His tail wagged in my face when I scratched his bum. I don't mean to be dramatic but I'm absolutely smitten and I would die for this dog. I think he loved me back too. I asked if he could come live with me but I think his mum was also smitten so that was a no go ?
I think Guide Dogs use that cross. But I may have dreamed that ?