Donations on Facebook to buy a girl a horse...

glamourpuss

Visit site
If this girl can get morons to part with their hard earned cash to pay for a new horse then let her. I'm almost tempted to say good on her.
Yes it's sickening when we have worked hard to pay for ours (well actually I've never worked *that* hard for any of mine...the last one I bought cost me £5 ) but as much as I can see they appear to know what they are doing [shrug]. If they wanted to donate to a charity they would've done (who's not to say they don't do this as well) their money their choice.
It's not something I would do in a million years but hey ho.
Genuine question why is this girl asking for a horse to be bought for her so offensive yet Mary King's daughter asking for a horse to be bought for her not?

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Very strange. Just found the page and noticed HHO forum has being named and shamed.. sad times.. :rolleyes:

See, this is the sad bit.

Not all of us are saying they are nuts. Some of us are saying each to their own, I know I am!

...but as usual, we are all lumped with being called 'sad middle-aged jealous women'.....

If they wanna donate, let 'em! I won't be.....but heck! Let's just roll out that ole bully card again!

~sigh~

CrazyCobLady

Visit site
See, this is the sad bit.

Not all of us are saying they are nuts. Some of us are saying each to their own, I know I am!

...but as usual, we are all lumped with being called 'sad middle-aged jealous women'.....

If they wanna donate, let 'em! I won't be.....but heck! Let's just roll out that ole bully card again!

~sigh~

Yep!

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
I haven't read every page of this, nor have I seen the facebook page. I know it is very bad form to make a comment on a thread without reading every single minute detail therein. But I shall comment and be damned. ;)

We now have a second rate, hitherto not very well known dealer who has now managed, with a little help from his stable girl, to get his name and trade spread out far beyond even his wildest dreams. And the real plus is the pair of them have managed to pull in some very nice dosh at the same time from gullible members of the public.

You have to agree it is a genius piece of marketing. OK, he might attract a few negative comments, but it would seem that they are FAR outweighed by all the interest now been shown in his trading stock. :D

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Genuine question why is this girl asking for a horse to be bought for her so offensive yet Mary King's daughter asking for a horse to be bought for her not?

Because Mary King's daughter wanted the horse bought so that she could keep the ride not that she would then own it- the new owner/syndicate would still own the horse ;)

Dizzy socks

Visit site
Anyone here want to help me set up a counter fund? With proceeds going to an actual charity? If people are half as willing to donate to that, then thing how great it would be for needy horses!

lucianna97

Visit site
this has absolutely nothing to do with this situation now and should not be brought up. this is cruel and she does not deserve all of this on the internet

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
this has absolutely nothing to do with this situation now and should not be brought up. this is cruel and she does not deserve all of this on the internet

Actually it's really important and has everything to do with the situation now.

People blindly donating to this sort of 'cause' need to be aware that in 99% of cases they are either a scam or a way way ticket to misery for some poor animal.

That ok on Principle'?

lucianna97

Visit site
thanks for judging me when u dont know me and no she wouldnt be neglected, the situation wouldnt be available if it was suspected that she would be neglected