Dunne v Frost

teapot

Visit site
I'm doing a fair amount of work at the moment for Women in Sport, and not only my own experiences, but all the others I'm hearing, shows that this type of behaviour is alive and kicking. It's aided and abetted by those who choose to overlook it, see it as the way it's always been, are too scared of the bullies to call them out, or too scared (usually other women) of becoming the next target.

And the women who do stand up, do expose the bullies, do call into question the integrity of their organisations and their whole sport, they are never considered a victim, they are just gobby opinionated entitled females who are only out to cause trouble and attention seek. Been there, lost my job over it.

Absolutely. Let alone the can of worms that is how women treat other women.

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
Just catching up this. I don't know enough of the facts to comment on the case as I am still reading upon the issue but I am horrified at some of the devastatingly misogynistic comments on some of the social media sites. I don't consider myself to be hugely naive but what some people are prepare to post on sites under their own names is staggering. Honestly thought we had moved on as a society but obviously not in a not insignificant minorities minds.

Velcrobum

Visit site
There were 5 runners in the Tingle Creek of which 2 were ridden by women being placed 1st and 3rd. Then Bridget Andrews pulled off a big win at Aintree and also was 3rd in another race. I genuinely feel that there are some very misogynistic male jockeys who are lesser riders who hate the idea of women being better. Bryony's results from today 1st, 3rd x2 and a 4th!!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
well i was pleased for her especially for the win, there is no doubting her talent and grit and the horses seem to run well for her. i think quite a few of the male jockeys hate being beaten by women and i would imagine thats part of the reason for the current case..i wonder if they would be so rude and aggressive to a male jockey who had made a mistake..

tristar

Visit site
It's also noticeable that prominent sportswomen who openly step back due to stress, mental health concerns, any other reason actually, are deemed to be weak and not up to it, whereas the ones who like BF are toughing it out are seen as unpleasant people and open to character assassination (not least from other women).

and sometimes other women are women`s worst enemies in bringing them down

i`ve come across some stinkers in my time men and women, but unfortunately for them i have no fear of anyone or their character assassination attempts, yet i feel it is so sad it has to come to BF going to court or anyone else for that matter when all they are doing is their job, personally if someone did the exposure thing to me i`d wait till no one is looking and give him a swift knee in the jaxy , all the other things are not worth risking one`s reputation for by retaliating and descending to their level of behavior, self control is everything or one can never present a case against them and get accused of 6 of 1 and half a dozen of another

Arzada

Visit site
In almost all weighing rooms there is a separate female changing room but yes the valets work bench is in the men's. This does need to change. They should have it sectioned off with easy access to both genders of jockeys.

How does someone get a job as a valet? I can't find any career information and the very little I've found suggests that it's like the car transport drivers in days gone by, like the 70s, handed down father to son. White man to white man.

bonny

Visit site
How does someone get a job as a valet? I can't find any career information and the very little I've found suggests that it's like the car transport drivers in days gone by, like the 70s, handed down father to son. White man to white man.
A lot of them are ex jockeys

McGrools

Visit site
There were 5 runners in the Tingle Creek of which 2 were ridden by women being placed 1st and 3rd. Then Bridget Andrews pulled off a big win at Aintree and also was 3rd in another race. I genuinely feel that there are some very misogynistic male jockeys who are lesser riders who hate the idea of women being better. Bryony's results from today 1st, 3rd x2 and a 4th!!
The girls are certainly proving their worth. Its great to see x

Clodagh

Visit site
Even if BF is unlikeable (not saying she is, I don't know her), she should be treated with professional courtesty by her competitors. They all left school many years ago.

I absolutely love her post race interviews, at least she shows a bit of enthusiam and love for the sport and the horse. Compare her to Ryan Moore. Not saying he is unlikeable either, but post race interviews are not his strength.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
on reading that article dunne's representative is saying that other jockeys have felt the same about her riding. even if her riding was suspect, which i havent seen, dunne should have reported her to the authorities and not acted the way he did, he needs to be disciplined for his behaviour and told to grow up....will be interesting to hear what the other jockeys say and whether they back dunne

Visit site
With regards to the Virtual Grand National tweet Dunne put out - he was the only one stupid enough to put down in written words, in the public domain what the majority of people that work in racing (all parts of racing) were thinking.

The next few days will be interesting when the other jockeys have their say.

bonny

Visit site
With regards to the Virtual Grand National tweet Dunne put out - he was the only one stupid enough to put down in written words, in the public domain what the majority of people that work in racing (all parts of racing) were thinking.

That’s a horrible thing to say, is not even accurate to say you know what the majority of people were thinking.

Clodagh

Visit site
With regards to the Virtual Grand National tweet Dunne put out - he was the only one stupid enough to put down in written words, in the public domain what the majority of people that work in racing (all parts of racing) were thinking..
Don’t you think that’s just sad that someone can be disliked for showing enthusiasm and love, and the ability to put across the teamwork you have when riding to people that don’t understand it?
I suppose ‘real’ racing people prefer the ‘it’s a machine’ attitude that all jockeys used to show?

Backtoblack

Visit site
having read the reports in the link it seems there has been a lot of unproffessional swearing and threats made to Frost, if this was a work place tribunal im sure the perpetrator would be sacked and even the police involved for the death threats,its not the 1970s anymore the race issues in yorkshire cricket have highlighted this. imo Dunne needs to be sacked, stopped from riding and made to find another job where is alledged uncouth and misoginistic comments will not be tollerated, made to come into the real world and not the closed boys club racing seems to be.

Last edited:

Andie02

Visit site
having read the reports in the link it seems there has been a lot of unproffessional swearing and threats made to Frost, if this was a work place tribunal im sure the perpetrator would be sacked and even the police involved for the death threats,its not the 1970s anymore the race issues in yorkshire cricket have highlighted this. imo Dunne needs to be sacked, stopped from riding and made to find another job where is alledged uncouth and misoginistic comments will not be tollerated, made to come into the real world and not the closed boys club racing seems to be.

And lets not forget the indecent exposure !

Makes me wonder what his wife thinks about all of this and how she is dealing with it.

Last edited:

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site

???. Oh dear.

We get it, EKW, you don't like Bryony Frost, but your comments are not professional, and are not helpful to racing.

Visit site
So we all have to suddenly change our opinions and worship the ground she walks on just because the press says so and because she talks like a 7yo child who has just jumped her first cross pole clear round on Twinkletoes the pony?

Do you think Dunne being sent death threats and threats of serious violence by her family is OK because he is male? And by all accounts he is not the only one who has been on the end of these!

There is still a lot more to come from this case.

bonny

Visit site
So we all have to suddenly change our opinions and worship the ground she walks on just because the press says so and because she talks like a 7yo child who has just jumped her first cross pole clear round on Twinkletoes the pony?

Do you think Dunne being sent death threats and threats of serious violence by her family is OK because he is male? And by all accounts he is not the only one who has been on the end of these!

There is still a lot more to come from this case.
Why not just wait and see, I really think you should stop commenting at least until the end of the case.

Steerpike

Visit site
I'm sorry but you need to read that back, reading that out makes you sound like the 7 year old.
I have known quite a few racing people with a similar attitude to yours and sadly they don't do racing any favours and are part of racing's problem.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site

With your very knowledgeable and interesting insight into the world of horse racing that many of us on the forum enjoy, I personally find it very disappointing how you are demeaning yourself with your supposedly 'insider' comments on this thread.

You are losing the run of yourself, and in doing so any previously held respect for your knowledge of the industry is dwindling rapidly. Pity really.

Parrotperson

Visit site
Well the whole thing smacks of jealousy to me. dunne is jealous of frost’s success and doesn’t like it cos she’s a girl.

I’ve not seen an interview that BF has done that hadn’t praised the horse, trainer and staff. She’s enthusiastic and it’s nice to see.

and if racing doesn’t like her enthusiasm then that’s v sad snd a loss to it.

As an aside do people hate Frankie who is just at enthusiastic? No? Because he’s a bloke? Was he hated as a youngster?

and by the sound of it there’s a few people who are jealous of her. It’s all so unnecessary.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Elf, that's uncalled for and unprofessional. I thought a lot more of you than the quite frankly petty comment above ?
It's very rare to see anyone on here diss their own chosen sport or fellow riders and competitors, from dressage, sj to eventing etc in writing, on a very public forum. Most close ranks and stick up for the beleaguered ones on most occasions.

Most here are not privy to daily chat on and off course, nor Chinese whispers etc, but are following the reporting of the case as it happens.