Dunne v Frost

bonny

Visit site
Visit site
Oh there's no excuse for bullying but I suspect a lot more will be coming out of this than has already been said so I'm just saying to hang fire on judgement til we hear the whole story.

bonny

Visit site
I suspect there are still a lot of people who don’t like women jockeys especially the ones who are having a lot of success. I suspect this case is bringing out into the open what some of them have to put up with and racing will be forced to take action and stop living in the past. That has to be a good thing ?

Gamebird

Visit site
I think the problem is that the valets are based in the male changing rooms, so although most racecourses have separate female facilities, they still need to go into the male changing rooms to access the valets.

Velcrobum

Visit site
Regardless of what comes out during the rest of this inquiry he has admitted to one of the charges which I am guessing will earn him a ban from racing for a period of time.

Visit site
I have no doubt Robbie will get banned for a period of time. But what people seem to be forgetting is there are 2 sides to every story. He has kept quiet, she has been shouting from the rooftops. So let's just wait and see what he has to say first because this certainly isn't a one sided story by any stretch of the imagination!

Parrotperson

Visit site
I wouldn't say she has been shouting from the roof tops, she was brave to put in a complaint in so she was bound to have the press hunt her down. I am not surprised other jockeys haven't joined in as its typical old boys club.

agreed. she is fighting the old boys club and people enabling them. Everyone who says 'oh well what did she expect" or (Sorry elf but have to respectfully disagree) or 'there are twosomes to this story" are enablers of a male dominated society that places women in dangerous and difficult situations every day. And sometimes gets them killed.

The other female jockeys who just also have had their fair share of problems are keeping quiet for a quiet life. It's not helpful.

I've had "banter" from men when working as a groom many times over that has made me uncomfortable at best and downright frightened at worst and done nothing to my eternal shame.

It needs sorting. Now before it escalates any further.

minesadouble

Visit site
Sorry but there are two sides to EVERY story, saying that makes no one an enabler!!

Do you have some inside knowledge that other female riders are staying quiet for a quiet life or is there a possibility they are not supporting her because they disagree with her?

Visit site
Out of interest Elf what is your reason for disliking Frost so much?

She's stuck up her own backside, expects people to bow down before her and isn't a nice person when there isn't a camera pointed at her. First hand experience.

BUT

No one deserves to be bullied, no one deserves to be threatened or treated badly. No one deserves to be judged before the full story is heard.

There are 2 sides to this story. Only 1 side has been heard so far.

Steerpike

Visit site
What ever the out come I hope this gives the BHA a kick up the backside, they have handled this appallingly and shows that parts of the racing industry is still in the dark ages.

NinjaPony

Visit site
Frost isn’t the one on trial here, for the purposes of the case her personality is irrelevant. If Dunne had a professional issue with Frost that should have gone to the relevant authority. There is no excuse for behaving in the way that he has admitted to behaving, and it needs to be stamped out. Male violence against women is ignored and ignored until it’s too late. I have absolutely no opinion on Frost as I have never met her and don’t particularly keep up with racing, but it’s not just the ‘nice’ women who should be protected from male aggression.

Fred66

Visit site
Racing must be one of the last places where men think it’s acceptable to talk to a woman like that, hopefully they will throw the book at him and that will be the end of his career.
Just read the bbc report so far and whilst what he said was threatening the fact it was said in the heat of the moment when the mount he was riding had died would mitigate somewhat. Added to which blow ups like that are apparently quite common.

Other female jockeys appear to not be offering the same opinion of him and some have openly disputed some of Frosts testimony.

As Elf on a Shelf said we have heard one side only.

bonny

Visit site
Just read the bbc report so far and whilst what he said was threatening the fact it was said in the heat of the moment when the mount he was riding had died would mitigate somewhat. Added to which blow ups like that are apparently quite common.

Other female jockeys appear to not be offering the same opinion of him and some have openly disputed some of Frosts testimony.

As Elf on a Shelf said we have heard one side only.
Back in the real world do you think it’s ok to openly shout, abuse people and threaten them because you are upset ? Try acting like that in almost any other job now and you would find yourself shown the door.

Fred66

Visit site
Back in the real world do you think it’s ok to openly shout, abuse people and threaten them because you are upset ? Try acting like that in almost any other job now and you would find yourself shown the door.

By all means let’s get back to the real world ! Sport has always been an exception, watch any tv coverage of sporting events and it is not unusual to see opposing players (and sometimes team mates) verbally abusing each other. Not saying that it’s right just that it is accepted in that context.

If you have just had your safety jeopardized and seen your horse killed then I can understand that there are some mitigating factors and that things said in the heat of the moment are not necessarily a reflection of the character of that person.

Please note I know neither of them and if she has been subjected to ongoing abuse by him then I hope they ban him.

I also hope that they put policies in place to ensure the alleged actions don’t happen in the future irrespective of the outcome of the case. No one should be allowed to get away with intimidating or demeaning someone else.

Last edited:

Parrotperson

Visit site
Sorry but there are two sides to EVERY story, saying that makes no one an enabler!!

Do you have some inside knowledge that other female riders are staying quiet for a quiet life or is there a possibility they are not supporting her because they disagree with her?

trying to have a civilised discussion so here goes!

Is there two sides to every story though?

Jimmy Saville, Wayne Couzens, Colin Pitchfork to name but a few?

Misoginistic men always have an answer. and its usually "she made me do it. It was her actions"

and it wasn't just on the occasion when the horse sadly died (for which the stewards found no fault with Ms Frost) it was on multiple occasions.

Todays evidence has been very interesting. Twos ides to every story? No. Not always. But it will be interesting to hear Mr Dunne's.

Fred66

Visit site
trying to have a civilised discussion so here goes!

Is there two sides to every story though?

Jimmy Saville, Wayne Couzens, Colin Pitchfork to name but a few?

Misoginistic men always have an answer. and its usually "she made me do it. It was her actions"

and it wasn't just on the occasion when the horse sadly died (for which the stewards found no fault with Ms Frost) it was on multiple occasions.

Todays evidence has been very interesting. Twos ides to every story? No. Not always. But it will be interesting to hear Mr Dunne's.
There are always two sides.

However that doesn’t mean that both sides have valid views just that when listening to transcripts from court cases you need to hear the other side before forming a view.

Reading some of the extract yesterday then whilst other women jockeys have not fully supported Frosts allegations they have acknowledged that he is not the most pleasant of individuals.