Dunne v Frost

teapot

Visit site
I don't understand why people criticise her for this....I've always been taught "if you don't think your {horse/dog/cat/chinchilla/insert as appropriate} is the best ever, you shouldn't have anything to do with them'.
Aren't we ALL giddy schoolgirls with ponies at heart? I know I am, when I have to resist the urge to shriek gleefully "PONYPONYPONY!" anytime I drive past a field of horses .... if that enthusiasm and love for the animals is criticised and put down endlessly then I think there is little hope for the industry considering it's based off them, really!

Apparently showing that you care isn't the done thing for the public face of racing :confused::rolleyes:

[153312]

Visit site
Apparently showing that you care isn't the done thing for the public face of racing :confused::rolleyes:
:(:(:( whilst I have no comment on the frost/dunne situation whilst it is ongoing, it is a sorry state of affairs indeed then if it's frowned upon to show compassion for the animals that pay your way in the world, and that is enough to bring a rider in any discipline into reproach. (....One is left wondering if that is the real reason.)

Cragrat

Visit site
:(:(:( whilst I have no comment on the frost/dunne situation whilst it is ongoing, it is a sorry state of affairs indeed then if it's frowned upon to show compassion for the animals that pay your way in the world, and that is enough to bring a rider in any discipline into reproach. (....One is left wondering if that is the real reason.)

I bought my ex racer direct from the trainer a few years ago. He was being sold because he was consistently useless. However, the trainer said everyone loved him, the jockeys loved to ride him, even though they knew they'd never win, his owner loved him, and that was the only reason they had tried an extra season with him - he was so loved by everyone.

I worked in in NH racing many years ago - and yes things may have changed - but back then most people ( as in any walk of life, there are exceptions) loved the horses they worked with and rode - from 'lads', work riders, to jockeys of all levels.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
"Robbie has maintained a dignified silence throughout and he will continue to do so."

Well he's going to look a right idiot if he doesn't keep his mouth shut (and blow any chance of reducing that ban) , isn't he, because he really doesn't think he has done anything wrong.

The only acceptable thing for him to say is "I'm sorry" and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Velcrobum

Visit site
Well he's going to look a right idiot if he doesn't keep his mouth shut (and blow any chance of reducing that ban) , isn't he, because he really doesn't think he has done anything wrong.

The only acceptable thing for him to say is "I'm sorry" and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Very sadly not, his apparent arrogance and character attack on Bryony Frost during the hearing seriously went against him in the original inquiry!! John Francome was very blunt in his recent interview with Racing Post that this situation should never have arisen if the "weighing room culture" of more senior jockeys to Dunne had stepped in. Dunne was not very successful in Eire as a jockey so came to UK and realistically at best has been a journeyman who claimed "seniority" due to his age not results. JF then went on to praise the riding skills over fences of Rachel Blackmore and Bryony Frost then lambasted the skills of the flat pony racing source of jump jockeys which I am sure probably has put a few hackles up.

The PJA leadership needs to have a really good look at itself as it spectacularly failed with supporting one party ie took sides according to information currently in the public domain. Seriously out of order for a Professional institution IMHO. It is good that the CEO at that period of time has been forced to resign, hopefully the new CEO will do better!

ycbm

Visit site

Oh what a lovely guy he is! He is appealing the verdict as well as the ban. I don't know why the headlines aren't making that clear. If this was in an ordinary court, this effectively means the "trial" is going to be run again and he is going to put Bryony through it all over again.

I might have to eat my words if the new tribunal panel find him not guilty, but right now, the man's a nasty guilty shite.

ycbm

Visit site
Robbie Dunne has his appeal case start tomorrow,( 30 March ). I hope he looses again, if he looses could the sentence be altered or would it stay the same?

It's a civil action not a criminal one, I'm not sure but I think they can do what they like.

ycbm

Visit site
The problem is that since he is appealing against the guilty verdict, not just the sentence, he gets a chance to rerun things without the obnoxious attitude he displayed in the first hearing. And unfortunately it was that attitude which pretty much proved that what she said was going on was true. If he comes over all humble this time and says it was just part off normal joshing in the weighing in room but he's sorry it was taken the wrong way but he understands why that happened and accepts he behaved less than well, he might overturn the verdict.

I'm not hopeful.

Old school

Visit site
It is incredible that he was advised to appeal. The transcripts are available and are going to do a huge amount of damage to racing in the eyes of Joe Public. I would have thought that someone higher up would have had the wit to manage this more effectively. Yes he is entitled to appeal, but my God the damage he is doing to himself and the sport beggars belief. A very very toxic environment.

Clodagh

Visit site
I can’t share the link but Racing Post online have a brief exchange between the two barristers about acceptable language.
I almost agree with Dunne’s man who says nowadays calling a woman a ‘who’re’ is as unacceptable as calling a man a c…
Both are unacceptable in the workplace (or anywhere) and I would prefer that be the case rather than you can call a man one thing and a woman not. Swearing is swearing.