Early July weekend plans!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
another week gone..
what's everyone got planned?

Not a lot here. MORE arena hire for mine, going with a friend on Sunday with Darcy which will be his first trip out with someone.

otherwise, same old, same old...

Have fun all :)

Pick of the old dear to kick off

106461173_3396659467012206_7498503388534839722_o.jpg

Roxylola

Visit site
Stressage, both days, 2 venues, both unaffiliated. Youd think theyd have the decency to use the same test which ideally would be novice 24 as we are getting better at that. Rudely though its 28 on Saturday which I like apart from counter canter (flying change and/or buck not required at this level horse) and 27, which I haven't learned yet but looks fiddly

j1ffy

Visit site
IHW - if you think your pony looks fat, please don't come and look at mine ? I have no idea how a chunky 16.3 warmblood manages to look fat on a starvation paddock, a handful of balancer and damp hay!

Schooling for us this evening, maybe a canter tomorrow and a play in the grass arena that has been set up at the yard. Then I have friends coming over for hacks on both Saturday and Sunday so we'll get some hillwork in. I'm also dropping off the furniture that's currently in my lorry so we can do some loading practice next week and get out for some arena hires by the end of the month, yay!

GinaGeo

Visit site
The lorry gearbox is leaking oil and apparently I shouldn't have been out in her several times last weekend, so my plans have been utterly scuppered. No XC-schooling or flying round the countryside out hacking for us this weekend. :(

On the plus side I can probably finish painting the stables and make it to the Ag Merchants to buy some rails to replace the ones the crettins have eaten their way through, which I was meaning to do before lockdown and never got round to.

I am going to enter from some more Online Dressage, after finding it quite useful to keep me focused last month. And we need to put some work into our Walk Pirouette's - that's where we fell down a bit this time.

oldie48

Visit site
The lorry gearbox is leaking oil and apparently I shouldn't have been out in her several times last weekend, so my plans have been utterly scuppered. No XC-schooling or flying round the countryside out hacking for us this weekend. :(

On the plus side I can probably finish painting the stables and make it to the Ag Merchants to buy some rails to replace the ones the crettins have eaten their way through, which I was meaning to do before lockdown and never got round to.

I am going to enter from some more Online Dressage, after finding it quite useful to keep me focused last month. And we need to put some work into our Walk Pirouette's - that's where we fell down a bit this time.
Good luck with the walk pirouette, I get totally confused even sitting here thinking about it I am getting confused. Why are they so confusing?????

oldie48

Visit site
Friday I have a polework and schooling session, Saturday Rose will have a day off and I'm going to pilates, Sunday I have another RC flatwork clinic, which I'm wondering about cancelling (I've paid!) The session last weekend with the same trainer didn't go well, Rose was very hard work and I was quite frustrated. Trainer's approach wasn't quite right for Rose. Tricky as I don't want to appear rude and if I'm honest I only booked in as it's very close and in a good arena. I've got a lesson at AM Dressage with Justine on Monday.
Have a good weekend, I hope the weather stays nice for everyone.

Sheep

Visit site
Lesson tomorrow night - was meant to be tonight but has changed. Shame as the weather is to be rubbish tomorrow!!!

OH is working so no outings this weekend sadly.

I have a jump lesson on Tuesday night which I will count as the weekend. Have had a realisation that C probably needs to be doing one good quality jump session a week, if we are going to expect him to, you know, go out eventing. I'm a bit of a wuss so will be having lessons someone who knows what they are doing. Once I get going I'm usually fine, just need to keep in the swing of things.

At the moment I have a lesson every 2 weeks, and I will keep that up so essentially it will be one dressage lesson and one jump lesson per month. Would love to have more than that but just trying to balance time/finances etc and keep a bit spare for the fun stuff!

Pippity

Visit site
Had a brief schooling session this morning, then got a message from a friend asking if I wanted to hack this evening. I was feeling a bit too tired to really be looking forward to it, but physio's orders are to hack as much as possible, so I headed back to the yard.

She couldn't have behaved more perfectly. We've had a few issues with her trying to nap (nothing serious - just stopping/reversing, and she reluctantly goes on when you push her) but tonight she was striding out happily and didn't shy at a thing. I'm so glad I listened to my gut instinct and put her hind shoes back on. It's made such a difference.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Hacking solo on DP tomorrow while B will go in the arena for some proper schooling with his sharer. Hacking out together on Saturday morning and we are going to the Cotswold Fun Ride on Sunday. First outing in the trailer this year so carrots may be required to coax DP in. Really looking forward to some lovely long canters.

smolmaus

Visit site
Had a lesson this evening, didn't go very well to be honest (another new horse, he was a lovely boy but we spent most of the lesson discussing whether any contact at all is too much of a contact, he won) and when I dismounted I genuinely forgot how big he was and something... cracked... in my back on landing. Not painful now but felt completely disgusting ?

dorsetladette

Visit site
A bit of loading practise with B1 and a quick hack (probably in the rain) saturday. Probably a schooling session on sunday for B1. I have bought an in hand dressage book, so might have a play with B2 with that at some point. Still feeling quite upset about the whole 'not a ridden horse' thing, so haven't done anything with him since he came back really.

Having trouble with his separation anxiety which sort of scuppers doing anything nice with B1 if the livery wants to do anything too. I have been offered a couple of mini shetlands as companions for him, but my fencing really isn't set up for them. Can you imagine the trouble 4 sheep and 2 minis could get into with only 2 stands of electric fencing to keep them in???

Have a lovely weekend everyone - I will be very envious of all the out and about reports in the next few days.

Northern

Visit site
Cold weekend here. Am moving E the TB to another paddock to spell out for a few months. Then will decide whether to give her one more crack at being a riding horse. Meanwhile, we can now jump again so might dust off the jump saddle and go and have some fun.
Some dressage comps are scheduled again, so might look at entering some of those to get out and about again.

Have a good weekend all!

Breagha

Visit site
I have a lesson tonight, we are trying to have weekly lessons to have something to work towards. I normally go showing so its been hard to keep motivated. We havent been able to get hackinh due to childcare and my husbands work schedule but my mum will be back being my baby sitter so cant wait to get hacking.

Alibear

Visit site
3rd lesson tomorrow, hope it goes well. Have been working out calendars to try and up the lessons now as the aim is to bring Amber homne in the autumn. That also means I need to start thinking about where I will keep her. I'll wait a while before I start contacting yards as with the lessons I can't really afford to rent a box to keep my a space open as well. It's tricky as the yard I kept Daisy at has shut down, the good yard has a wait list and is a bit far away and I don't know anyothers. Do you think it would be too soon to post on facebook to see if anyone local has recommendations?

milliepops

Visit site
3rd lesson tomorrow, hope it goes well. Have been working out calendars to try and up the lessons now as the aim is to bring Amber homne in the autumn. That also means I need to start thinking about where I will keep her. I'll wait a while before I start contacting yards as with the lessons I can't really afford to rent a box to keep my a space open as well. It's tricky as the yard I kept Daisy at has shut down, the good yard has a wait list and is a bit far away and I don't know anyothers. Do you think it would be too soon to post on facebook to see if anyone local has recommendations?
may as well start doing your research. Yard hunting is a pain, I've been looking for what seems like most of my life but am still finding new ones that just never advertise.

Foxychops

Visit site
Supposed to have lesson tonight but cancelled due to weather. Wood ride tomorrow then our first dressage comp in ages but 40mph winds forecast!!

milliepops

Visit site
soggy and windy arena hire for Kira this afternoon. Worth it though, although I felt like we didn't achieve a lot at the time, when I wrote it up for myself actually it was quite productive. One tempis, cracked the trotting issue we'd been having and then started to break down the Inter 2 half pass to canter piri line which is WAAAAAAY hard. I think it will be doable but we just need to space the elements out a bit at this point. So, useful trip out even if it was another wet-down-to-your-pants day!

106898148_3408619255816227_4037883323386390813_o.jpg

Sheep

Visit site
Just had lesson. Bloody hard work lol the weather was horrific too which didn’t help ? and it is warm, so waterproofs were not an option!!
OH not working this weekend after all so hoping to go xc schooling tomorrow.

TheHairyOne

Visit site
I had a fab jump lesson where my horse was thrilled the fences were bigger than 2'6 and I was happy that I actually rode him at the bigger stuff positively enough that he believed me. I really struggle with either panicing and doing too much, or panicing and doing nothing when I feel outside my comfort zone. I wasnt allowed to start with 'little stuff' either! Next week its spreads...Screenshot_20200701-211521_Gallery.jpgIMG-20200701-WA0048.jpg