Electrified spurs !

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
what was his hickstead round GB? The derby round linked was spruce meadows so just wondering if there was another one as bad.

stormox

Visit site
I dont understand why there would have to be a cable .... if an electric dog collar and other things can work from a transmitter to a receiver at a distance (no wire needed) why couldnt electric spurs?? What does the rider say?

SissyTheEvil

Visit site
I don't like any kind of spurs much, but In competition you need to have them. But electrified ones? Hell no. This is heartbreaking seeing how evil humankind can be. Sure that is just the tip of the iceberg, but still. My horse is a rescue, goodness knows what has happened to him before I got him. Is It worse than electrified spurs? No idea. It just really saddens me knowing how many magnificent animals are out there needing saving, but nobody is coming for them.

ester

Visit site
I dont understand why there would have to be a cable .... if an electric dog collar and other things can work from a transmitter to a receiver at a distance (no wire needed) why couldnt electric spurs?? What does the rider say?
I don't think they really thought it through that well. On the basis that they didn't opt for a jacket with longer sleeves either. But I suspect it might have been squeezing a battery into your boot issue?!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I really hope that the FEI acts strongly and effectively on this matter.

https://grandprix.info/fr/41238/Une_enquete_officiellement_ouverte_dans_laffaire_Kocher

e5aee99c.jpg

https://grandprix.info/fr/41179/And...r_utilise_des_eperons_electriques_en_concours

???

Where is the lifetime ban?

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Really !??
How on earth would this work in a competitive environment with numerous people watching and more to the point what would they achieve apart from a major reaction from said horse?
Seriously?? how cruel words fail me anyone who would use this on their horse

Jules111

Visit site
I would sentence this absolutely awful creature to try those electric spurs on my extremely sensitive cob. My cob after attempting to scoot under the clearly too low electric fence felt a zap and then bronked, bucked, reared, spun for a ridiculously long time. No human could have stayed on and would have been trampled in the stampede caused by Cob's extreme reaction.

In all seriousness if this is true then this "person" is utterly abhorrent and should never be allowed near an animal ever again. He has proven that he is not worthy of the privilege of being anywhere near superior beings.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I watched a western trainer use electric spurs in the 1980's, they had electric shock reins as well - for neck reining - but I believe they were banned by the association shortly after. The FEI really needs to grow a pair, what with the endurance scandals, rollkur, everything else they should be policing.

ester

Visit site
There was a relatively recent thread about the viral video of a western trainer using a electric probe or such like behind the saddle as well.

It was a jigger on a reining horse
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
It was a jigger on a reining horse
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You talk about jigger used on a reining horse, but the video is about a Stacie something (too distracted by what was happening in the video to remember the name) using an electrified saddle blanket on a poor horse.

When I googled jigger, all that comes up is different versions of Jigger bartender measuring cups.
a020.gif

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I'm just over here waiting to be for the FEI to put out some bogus statement and "consequence"

I'd love to be surprised otherwise, but I'm not feeling all they enthusiastic.

Also, I don't give a shit "where he comes from" that's totally irrelevant. You can still be a POS no matter where you come from. Or if you think they gives you some sort of power over not having consequences, also a POS move.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
It's the american term for an electric shock device. Comes up on rodeo stuff a fair bit. I seem to have ended up using it.

ETA maybe not just american given this aussie info

Thank you for the clarification, now if only someone could tell that to Google as well. Off thread topic, but some says that Google knows everything about you, yet, after xx years of me googling about all sorts of stuff, except alcohol (can't stand the taste), vacation travelling (don't like travelling), and cars (don't have a driving license), it regularly happens that Google seems convinced that this time, this time it must be something alcohol, vacation travelling, or car related that I'm searching for.

Oh well, back to the depressing subject of electrified stuff/jiggers used in horse training.

I have to admit that I think my mouth actually gaped when I came to point 5 in the added photo. It does say that it is allegations, so it hasn't been confirmed that they actually have used taser-like devices on horses when on treadmills. But still, the mere thought of hypothetically a panicked horse trying to jump off a moving treadmill! And the treadmill in the picture looks as if it is raised to stand quite a bit up off the ground as well.

Goldenstar

Visit site
The FEI needed to get an grip and take some unequivocal action or they will destroy horse sport .
The photo evidence looks damning however such things can be doctored so the FEI needs to investigate properly but quickly .
It’s completely unacceptable on every level .

LegOn

Visit site

Sometimes small transmitter signals like that would suffer interference in such a large ring with wifi & probably cameras/microphones/other wireless technology going on. Alot of those dog collars suffer the same problem - hence dogs break out from them regularly & run!

I've worked with photographers in large shows who have remote control shutter triggers and they regularly malfunction with the amount of other digital interference. That or else no one has developed him a new snazzy one with wireless cause he is an inhuman pig & no one wants to make a horse torture device , and that one has been around since the 80s or some such other dark ages :mad::rolleyes:

Gingerwitch

Visit site
I just cannot get my head round the pure intentional cruelty by so called proffesionals but nails in boots, hedgehog skins on poles, rapping has been used by them for years. Why would you even think it's acceptable? Because the horse does not cry? Or scream? What they do to horse's they should do to the rider and trainer and the stable hands. I just can't see how the stable hands do not know what's going on and carry on working for them.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
I just cannot get my head round the pure intentional cruelty by so called proffesionals but nails in boots, hedgehog skins on poles, rapping has been used by them for years. Why would you even think it's acceptable? Because the horse does not cry? Or scream? What they do to horse's they should do to the rider and trainer and the stable hands. I just can't see how the stable hands do not know what's going on and carry on working for them.
Humans do lots of things to animals and think nothing of it. If I'm honest I can't see how most people can still eat meat (especially mass produced) when they know how its produced.

greenbean10

Visit site

I know 2 people who have worked at yards where things like this occur (it's horribly common) and left after a couple of weeks