Emily King crowdfunding?

Farma

Visit site
Just read that Emily King is crowdfunding for a new horse, after the Jonty purchase is this going to become common practice? Thoughts?

ihatework

Visit site
Oh dear god. I’ve just gone and checked out the Facebook post.
I hope she can keep her promise on what 2000 x £20 shareholders will get out of it, lol!

I didn’t support Jontys quest but I did think it was a very well structured and thought out plan. This Emily King one is urm ..... not quite so much :D

Reactions: TPO

Farma

Visit site
Oh dear god. I’ve just gone and checked out the Facebook post.
I hope she can keep her promise on what 2000 x £20 shareholders will get out of it, lol!

I didn’t support Jontys quest but I did think it was a very well structured and thought out plan. This Emily King one is urm ..... not quite so much :D

Yes that did cross my mind also, part of me thinks good luck to her and the other part thinks what a cheek!

Abi90

Visit site
I know someone who has just managed to crowd fund themself £2000 to buy a second pony because horse number 1 had issues and she had to retire him. Instead of saving like the rest of us she asked her friends and strangers for money!

Farma

Visit site
I know someone who has just managed to crowd fund themself £2000 to buy a second pony because horse number 1 had issues and she had to retire him. Instead of saving like the rest of us she asked her friends and strangers for money!

I cant believe she actually got it!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
What is the deal? What do people get out of it?

Is it for a yard visit or something?

ETA - actually I hopped onto Facebook and looked it up...

- Be able to see him at the lorry/ stables at ALL of his competitions and see how everything works behind the scenes
- Walk his XC courses with me at all of the big events he comeptes at
- Come to watch him train at home, near Chester
- Be an official part of Team King
- Become a true part of Hobby’s journey to the top of the sport & follow him with a true connection to Badminton, the Olympics & beyond.

.....That all seems like a bargain for £20!

Last edited:

Farma

Visit site

- Be able to see him at the lorry/ stables at ALL of his competitions and see how everything works behind the scenes
- Become a true part of Hobby’s journey to the top of the sport & follow him with a true connection to Badminton, the Olympics & beyond.

Doesn't it just!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site

Would love to see the spectacle of Emily King walking a xc course with the 2000 people in tow :D

Visit site

Did she get the money from crowd funding? I saw the original ad and fell off my chair laughing! I knew she got the pony but assumed a relative bought it for her. If the general public did then the world is even more stupid than I thought!

ihatework

Visit site
Would love to see the spectacle of Emily King walking a xc course with the 2000 people in tow :D

And the queue in the lorry park to go and pat the damn horse.
The look on a stable managers face when hoards of people expect to get through security.

Honestly, I can’t stop sniggering to myself.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
This horse has done one BE100 with her yet it's going to go to badminton and the Olympics........

I didn't agree with Jontys crowd funding but at least he'd had the horse years and had a record on it.

I've always thought she comes across as a spolit little oik and after the whole drink driving thing 'it's no big deal I was only slightly over ' am afraid I can think.of countless things I'd rather spend 20 on.

FWIW my 20 will be going to PFK or Willberry

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Um, Badminton, the Olympics and beyond actually. This horse is going to win competitions so high class they haven't even been invented yet :p

xDundryx

Visit site
someone put a link on the H&H fb post to some channel 4 docu-trash she was in 'Rich Kids Go Shopping' honestly she came across as a spoilt smug little brat! and after the drink driving debacle.....

Last edited:

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Can someone please explain to me how a horse that's done one BE100 with her is worth £40,000?

be positive

Visit site
Um, Badminton, the Olympics and beyond actually. This horse is going to win competitions so high class they haven't even been invented yet :p

That explains why a horse that has no real record is valued at £40k, he is going beyond 4* level to the new 5* especially set up for them, like IHW I am looking forward to seeing how she copes when all the owners turn up at an event, as he is only at novice level most events they are at will be free entry so anyone turn up and walk round the lorry park to find them.

xDundryx

Visit site
Mary has always come across as humble and sincere. Emily not so much! I absolutely love Lissa Green and the fact she seems to work her backside off and there's a lot of raw emotion out there, not playing on her parents name or flashing freebies at everyone.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I'm not sure Emily had parenting which would have made her anything but a self absorbed madam, to be honest. How many pregnant women would risk an unborn child by competing at the Olympics when five months pregnant? It doesn't smack of the most child centred parent-to-be to me. I wondered at the time how the kid would turn out, because it was pretty clear that it wasn't going to be the focus of Mary's life after it was born.

It was absolutely Mary's right to do what she wanted to do, of course. I just think it's a bit unfair to judge how nice Mary is compared with her daughter, when her daughter is the product of her upbringing by Mary.

Last edited:

DirectorFury

Visit site
This horse has done one BE100 with her yet it's going to go to badminton and the Olympics........

I didn't agree with Jontys crowd funding but at least he'd had the horse years and had a record on it.

I've always thought she comes across as a spolit little oik and after the whole drink driving thing 'it's no big deal I was only slightly over ' am afraid I can think.of countless things I'd rather spend 20 on.

FWIW my 20 will be going to PFK or Willberry

Agree 100%, along with the £20 to Willberry.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
And the queue in the lorry park to go and pat the damn horse.
The look on a stable managers face when hoards of people expect to get through security.

Honestly, I can’t stop sniggering to myself.

It's almost worth chipping in just to see it.
I did the jonty/art one but this feels somewhat different :D

Abi90

Visit site
Did she get the money from crowd funding? I saw the original ad and fell off my chair laughing! I knew she got the pony but assumed a relative bought it for her. If the general public did then the world is even more stupid than I thought!

She managed half and she was topped up the other £1000 by family. She still has the page up and people are still donating... probably so she can buy a saddle or something

xDundryx

Visit site
How children turn out isn't always a reflection on their upbringing I know that well. Parents can give them the tools and guidance to prepare for life but it's up to an individual how they live it.

LoL ing at 2000 people crowding round the horse lorry for a pat!

Turitea

Visit site
Wrong, this is so wrong. A professional eventer should not go crowdfunding for a horse. Sorry, it is like a GP asking his patients to "crowdfund" his next ultrasound system.

Puff

Visit site
I don’t like this at all, I thought crowdfunding was for worthy or charitable causes? I wasn’t a huge fan of the jonty and art one but at least they were a proven top combination. Am seriously worried this is the way the world is going :( I wonder what Mary thinks of all this! With her talent, name and social media influence I would’ve thought she could attract owners or a proper syndicate the traditional way