Enable!

Visit site
Gain Racehorse Mix and Cubes are contaminated with a prohibited substance. Both Aiden & Joseph tested their batches and it is contaminated. Both have blood and urine tested their horses that were on that feed too and the results should be in tonight. They tested the samples in their own lab as well as sending some direct to France Galop for testing so hopefully the results will be in before racing tomorrow. The horses were taken off the feed immediately on Thursday evening and swopped onto Red Mills. The substance takes 36-42 hours to clear the system. It is used in America for fattening up beef stock. Gain have really screwed up and I suspect there will be major consequences if horses can't run because of this.

On a different note - I do hope Enable comes home in front. The ground might play to Stradivarious's tune though by making even more of an emphasis on stamina.

Equibrit

Visit site
Last edited:

Clodagh

Visit site
a feed company who the o'briens use has had some feed contaminated, there is a trainer over here who also has not run their horses today, horses are to be tested according to itv racing

Thank you, I eventually found it on Racing Post but couldn't copy it over on my phone. (see how too, anyway).
They find out tonight if they are clear.

Visit site
All of O'Brians horses are out - Aiden, Joseph & Donnacha's because the urine samples they sent to France came back positive for the prohibited substance. Whilst in theory it should be well out of their system come race time they are doing the right thing by not chancing it.

France must have a virtually 0 level of acceptance in anything as the blood samples tested clear and the urine and blood tests done at Ballydoyle had bare minimal traces that would be allowed anywhere else in the world. Same with France's testing for metabolites in humans ...

Heads are going to roll at Gain. I know Coolmore can afford it but they have just lost 76k for supplementing Serpentine for the Arc this week. Along with now having no runners in the race at all, and the supporting races with good prize money. I'm not sure how the company is going to survive this now because there will be lawyers involved and lots of compensation being sought.

Roger Varian pulled 7 runners yesterday, a lot of other yards pulled their horses as well for fesr of testing positive post race when it really isn't their fault. It just shows that trainers wont risk the integrity of racing by knowingly running horses that have been fed those products.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Its frustrating the Coolmore horses are ruled out as its one of the seasons biggest races so I wanted to see all the top horses in one race and see who's best of the best. Its a bit like Formula one having 2 of the better teams not racing.

Why couldn't he have been allowed to run them given it is the feed company at fault. Obviously if he knowingly gave them feed that contained it then it's a different story but he fed them it believing it was safe would the substance make that much difference?
The feed company have come out and said its their fault so why cant they run?

Feels a bit of a substandard Arc now dare I say, i was looking forward to seeing Love Obviously she came out because of the ground but now we've lost 4 others.

Visit site
There is a known prohibited substance having gone through the horses system
If they ran and still tested positive afterwards the horse would be disqualified from the race. Although there would be no further repurcusions to owner, trainer etc the horse would lose all it's prize money and its finishing position in the race and then you have the paperwork to deal with swopping about the prize money etc from one to the other yada yada.

Plus given that it has already been known to have been in the horses systems it wouldn't look good for racing to knowinging run horses that have been affected. That is why a lot of trainers that feed Gain pulled their horses so it doesn't look bad for the sport or themselves.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Ah OK thanks EKW that makes sense just a shame a lot of the depth and competitiveness is lost from the race.

I think Stradivarious wins who for some reason I just can't warm to

I hope Enable gets round safely would be awful for something to happen to her. Do we think she definitely retires regardless of result or do they go to the well again?

Nicnac

Visit site
Curiouser and curiouser. Hope Sottsass keeps the win. Such shitty news about Gain - the comp claims could push them under unless they have tip top insurance.

Great to see Enable finishing well

Clodagh

Visit site
Curiouser and curiouser. Hope Sottsass keeps the win. Such shitty news about Gain - the comp claims could push them under unless they have tip top insurance.

Great to see Enable finishing well

I had to take the dogs for a walk to get over it so went straight after the finish. What happened? Stewards Enquiry?

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Surely they aren't thinking of making her go again?

"We'll see how she is when she gets back and talk to John [Gosden] and Prince Khalid and make a plan. There will be no decisions [on retirement] at this stage."

{97702}

Visit site
The only surprise for me was that Stradivarius ran quite so poorly too, I don’t know why they bothered running Enable on that ground? They knew she’d hate it