Equ-Streamz - Your Experiences?

JFTDWS

Visit site
If a world respected farrier champion comments on "how is there so much growth" to then be told, "its been wearing these bands" - case after case after case... placebo starts to be questioned.
Professional show jumpers, the worlds best, saying their horses fetlocks do not swell after competing and jumping 3 stride 1.6 jumps easier than ever before. Sophie wells (para olympic gold medalist) saying her horses point better and are getting better results since wearing the bands. The grand national winning trainer Harvey Smith saying the horses are less stiff on the gallops and getting additional strides in.

After a while it becomes obvious.

The 'placebo effect' is a ubiquitous phenomenon founded on psychology. As is cognitive dissonance.

If trained medical professionals are subject to the placebo effect - and they are, this is why non-double blind trials are not considered worthwhile in the scientific community - I'm unsure why you think showjumpers and farriers are somehow immune to its effects.

The placebo effect is a wondrous, complex phenomenon. It is incredibly well documented, and yes it is ubiquitous. And that is why no amount of anecdotal reports from individuals (be they international showjumpers, farriers, chiros or just some chap off the street) constitute scientifically respectable data.

Dr David Marlin

Visit site
Just for the purposes of clarity in this thread as my name has been mentioned, I am a physiologist not a vet. I currently hold the position of Performance Advisor to British Endurance.

I have not seen the product being discussed. I have not been shown data on the product. I have no formal arrangement of any kind with the company that is marketing this product.

I hope that clarifies my position.

David

Dr David Marlin

Visit site
If trained medical professionals are subject to the placebo effect - and they are, this is why non-double blind trials are not considered worthwhile in the scientific community - I'm unsure why you think showjumpers and farriers are somehow immune to its effects.

The placebo effect is a wondrous, complex phenomenon. It is incredibly well documented, and yes it is ubiquitous. And that is why no amount of anecdotal reports from individuals (be they international showjumpers, farriers, chiros or just some chap off the street) constitute scientifically respectable data.

I'm new to this forum and was looking for the "LIKE" button, but guess I just need to say I LIKE this comment! David

Sophiewells

New User
Visit site
Yes I have used these, initially I was sceptical, as probably most people are. I used them on myself first to see if I found a difference. I have a lot of nerve problems in my legs, and often get quite a lot of nerve pain. Which can often stay through the night and stop me sleeping. However since I've started using them you streamz, even if I'm having a bad day with the pain, once I put the band, the recovery is much better. And feel much more effective in the morning, despite feeling weak the next day before using them.
I then started to use them on my
Horses, more if they were having problems. I've seen more than a few improvements in several horses wearing the bands, so I can only say from experience that they have helped and have been worth it.
I'm not sure how people can speak negatively of any product they have not tried.
I would just say to give it a go....and you don't want to spend the money on equ streamz, why not try the human version which is half the price, and if you find a result, then spend the money on the horses....

JFTDWS

Visit site
We tend to get JFTD to comment as it save typing and we can just agree :D

Welcome David, sorry it was under such circumstances!

Ach you'll give me a big head... Or maybe that's closing the stable door after that big, fat hairy cob has bolted...

Agreed - welcome to the forum.

Capriole

Visit site
I saw on the FB page that he is protesting about the 'fairness' of being banned from the forum that shall not be named for promoting his product. No mention of the fake name dropping though, that I could see.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Ach you'll give me a big head... Or maybe that's closing the stable door after that big, fat hairy cob has bolted...

Agreed - welcome to the forum.

Least you didn't get your head in front of a flying hoof this week :p. I'm amazed how many people have made a face when I said I'd take the stitches out myself :p.

oops changed the subject again!

Capriole

Visit site
... I'm amazed how many people have made a face when I said I'd take the stitches out myself :p.

Much like the face I'm pulling now I expect, lol. Ick. I had the stitches out of my leg the other week and it was more unpleasant than I ever expected. I gave a mental apology to the mare I was previously telling not to be a big baby when she was having caslicks sutures removed.

joycec

Visit site
For people who are comparing this product with magnet therapy, the two are not comparable. There is a huge number of clinical studies of magnet therapy. Everyone knows what is in the magnet products - magnets.

The only thing we know is in this product is neoprene and Velcro. There is no explanation of any kind of what else it contains. I'm tempted to buy one to cut it open and see what is in it.

After reading all this thread, with the false claims of who is trialling it and the lack of any explanation of how or why it works on the website, I'm personally convinced that the whole thing is a giant scam working by placebo effect, with genuine changes being a result of either regression to the mean or increased confidence in the rider to push the horse to do more.

I don't know whether to laugh or be shocked at the gullibility of people who say 'it reduced the size of a splint' (they almost always reduce in size) or that a horse had one off day competing, got the bands and has gone from strength to strength since (like, what, no improving horse ever had one off day?) etc, etc, ....

joycec

Visit site
18 months ago I was running my own business in the corporate world: My godfather asked me to help launch his invention.

According to information online about Matthew Campbell, director of Streamz, 18 months ago you were the 33 year old Sales Manager for a tiny Brighton outfit called Usedtelecoms Ltd selling recycled telecoms equipment. Nothing wrong with that at all, it just doesn't sound quite so impressive as giving up a career in the Corporate World to launch your godfather's invention.

TGM

Visit site
For people who are comparing this product with magnet therapy, the two are not comparable. There is a huge number of clinical studies of magnet therapy. Everyone knows what is in the magnet products - magnets.

The only thing we know is in this product is neoprene and Velcro. There is no explanation of any kind of what else it contains. I'm tempted to buy one to cut it open and see what is in it.

No need for you to purchase one or cut it open - will take some photos of the bands later to satisfy people's curiosity. They have an outer casing of neoprene and Velcro, and the 'stuff' inside slides out so the casing can be washed.

I don't know whether to laugh or be shocked at the gullibility of people who say 'it reduced the size of a splint' (they almost always reduce in size) or that a horse had one off day competing, got the bands and has gone from strength to strength since (like, what, no improving horse ever had one off day?) etc, etc, ....
That is quite an unfair comment and takes my remark totally out of context. The OP asked for people's experiences, and as no-one else had offered theirs at that point, I stated our experience and then said very clearly that the improvement in the horse's performance and size of his thoroughpins could be down to coincidence but that daughter was keeping the bands on the horse 'just in case'. I'm not sure how that makes us gullible? And in my next post, when the OP stated that she wanted to use it on a splint, I advised her to be patient and the splint would probably reduce on it's own accord!

philv45

New User
Visit site
According to information online about Matthew Campbell, director of Streamz, 18 months ago you were the 33 year old Sales Manager for a tiny Brighton outfit called Usedtelecoms Ltd selling recycled telecoms equipment. Nothing wrong with that at all, it just doesn't sound quite so impressive as giving up a career in the Corporate World to launch your godfather's invention.

Unfortunately I have felt compelled to join this post (what an awful experience of Horse and Hound first off) as I was made aware of a post involving usedtelecoms.

My name is Phil and I own several businesses, including creating usedtelecoms. Your 'research' online is entirely incorrect. Matt worked for me directly for many years. He was responsible for key accounts with our sister company Sabre Telecom (Now West Pier Telecom), such as Sungard Availability Services and Blue Square betting. (Corporate accounts within the 'corporate world')
Matt left the group, with our full support, to pursue his opportunity with his terminally ill godfather. He did indeed give up a career in the corporate world and was well respected by all his colleagues; some of which now work for him directly.
Matt. I hope that is an adequate response to some of these nasty accusations regarding your integrity.

If any of you are keen to establish the authenticity of this message I suggest you contact West Pier Telecom and ask for Steve McManus, technical director who worked for many years with Matt.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Phil, are you not mildly annoyed (at least) that Matt just claimed to have owned your company? I'm not sure I'd be impressed if an ex-employee claimed to have been running my business :p I know you can't respond to this, you seem to have gone very grey at the thought... Wonder why that could be.

Talk about thread de-railment, Ester! Face kicking doesn't sound fun - hope you're ok!

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
Well this thread has taken an interesting turn...

I know a rep for a certain well-known band company that uses holograms ( ;) Not the one that's the main topic of this thread though) and even he thinks it's total sh**! Not that it stops him selling them to shops, who then sell them at a huge mark-up to gullible people.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
No need for you to purchase one or cut it open - will take some photos of the bands later to satisfy people's curiosity. They have an outer casing of neoprene and Velcro, and the 'stuff' inside slides out so the casing can be washed.
Please do post pics of the bands, it would be interesting to see what they look like. The basic premise is that they are comprised of dis similar rubber compounds, isn't it, which are somehow activated after being subjected to an electro magnetic field?

Below is the blurb from the equ streamz website.

StreamZ products, whether for humans, animals, or plants, contain a 360° dual-layer of StreamZ material. Once the StreamZ rubber compound has set it is then subjected to an electro-magnetic process which creates a continuous energy field within the rubber material known as a ‘Cyclotron effect’.

The unique spiraling effect created by StreamZ material speeds charged particles up to a very high energy level, creating the actions of a very powerful magnetic field and a high-frequency electric field. These fields ‘pick-up’ the ions in the blood and rearrange them into an organized spiraling motion. This spiraling motion (or Cyclotron effect) increases the speed in which ions and minerals are distributed around the system and is the basis of how StreamZ material is thought to positively affect all living systems on a molecular leve
l.

It's a long time since I studied Physics at A level, but back then, rubber was known to be an insulating material. According to OH and son no 1 (senior research scientist and a Masters Physics student respectively), it still is, as far as they know :). Quite how a product comprised primarily of an insulating material is supposed to mimic a cyclotron is totally beyond me.

acorn92x

Visit site
I really, really regret even starting this tread.

I asked a simple question and whilst I have received some responses which I would classify as useful, with people bringing up some opinions and first hand experience of the bands, I now feel that the thread has been hijacked and has evolved into a squabbling match with people insulting each other. It seem that people are missing the point of the initial question that I asked and are now no longer interested in responding to this.

It would be really nice to get back on track with the original question that I asked and I would still be interested to hear responses from people, providing they are constructed in a respectful manner.

Last edited:

TGM

Visit site
As requested, here are pics:

This is the outer casing - sorry very hairy and dirty, is worn in the field and could do with a wash:

band1_zpsb4a02225.jpg

And the band inside seems to be two layers stuck together - seems smoother and shinier than normal rubber, perhaps akin to the stuff they make fridge magnets out of? Definitely has magnetic properties as the metal surface the band is photographed against is vertical, and you can see the band is clinging to it.

band2_zpsa16319be.jpg

Hope that helps those who wondered what they looked like!

joycec

Visit site
Well that might explain some things. There is plenty of evidence for magnet therapy (increasing blood supply I think) So if they are magnetic, they may well get some result. But I doubt very much if it's a cyclotron effect spinning minerals in the blood to rebalance them.

I wonder how they compare price wise with other magnet bands.

Thanks for posting, that was really interesting to see.

blitznbobs

Visit site
Well that might explain some things. There is plenty of evidence for magnet therapy (increasing blood supply I think) So if they are magnetic, they may well get some result. But I doubt very much if it's a cyclotron effect spinning minerals in the blood to rebalance them.

I wonder how they compare price wise with other magnet bands.

Thanks for posting, that was really interesting to see.

I've never seen any evidence for magnets either in humans or horses but if there is some I would love to read it could you point me in the right direction (I haven't been able to find anything on pub med but I probably haven't looked in a whole either)

Auslander

Visit site
I really, really regret even starting this tread.

I asked a simple question and whilst I have received some responses which I would classify as useful, with people bringing up some opinions and first hand experience of the bands, I now feel that the thread has been hijacked and has evolved into a squabbling match with people insulting each other. It seem that people are missing the point of the initial question that I asked and are now no longer interested in responding to this.

It would be really nice to get back on track with the original question that I asked and I would still be interested to hear responses from people, providing they are constructed in a respectful manner.

But - if you read the squabbling, it was mostly based on people questioning the science (people who in real life, are very much qualified to question it!). Whilst user experience is great, having someone who knows how things work on a molecular level, and can therefore challenge wild claims on your behalf, and potentially save you a lot of money - is a good thing. If people don't discuss/argue/debate - nothing good would ever happen! To be fair - the Equestreamx guy himself was the one who was the most rude and disrespectful - AND he was caught out misusing the name of someone who had never heard of him or his product.
Anyway - you've bought them now, and i hope they work for you. Be great to get seem feedback